Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
61 registered members (anotherscott, agraffe, Alexank, AZ_Astro, Almaviva, 18 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
05/26/17 02:53 PM
"A reputable dealer" whose own delivery men dropped the piano? That seems to me a contradiction in terms. At the very least I think you should have some written warranty from the dealer that the repair is complete. Better yet, the dealer should allow you to have an i...
see more
388 Views · 12 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/26/17 02:48 PM
I've haven't played the Mephisto, but I've played about half the Transcendentals as well as some other assorted pieces by Liszt. I've read through Mephisto. I don't get it. I'd rather play that then say a Wilde Jagd, Chasse Neige combo. Of course, it's hard to truly evaluate a ...
see more
250 Views · 13 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
05/26/17 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by MacMacMacIs it just me, or do we really not need more analysis? Looking below the hood of how digital piano synthesis progresses is very interesting on its own. Dewster developed a standardized benchmark and I would love to see Roland's new modeled pianos bei...
see more
6,051,365 Views · 1,482 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/26/17 02:45 PM
It's not that he doesn't like it. He plays it. He just seems to believe it's more difficult than I believe it is. I guess I wasn't clear. His reaction was to his perception of the how hard the piece would be, not to the piece itself, which he loves....
see more
250 Views · 13 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/26/17 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by SvennoThis thread is just a logical continuation of two other very similar threads that are currently being discussed [...] Disgust? Yeah! Oh, wait a sec; you wrote "discussed." Well, now .... ...
see more
419 Views · 26 Comments
Piano Forum
05/26/17 02:43 PM
We're on the treadmill of shopping for a new Grand Piano, we have Yamaha C3x Shigeru Kawai SK2 Shimmel and anything else that crops up on our list. Yamaha's seem workmanlike and reliable Kawais suffer a bad reputation among some forum members but the one we tried sounded great an...
see more
407 Views · 12 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/26/17 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by jondavwal[...] I mentioned that I'd like to play Mephisto Waltz #1. He [your-considerably younger-than-you teacher] about threw up. [...] Can anybody who has played it come up with some sort of explanation as to why he is having this reaction? It seems to...
see more
250 Views · 13 Comments
Piano Forum
05/26/17 02:40 PM
Thank-you for posting this - That was fascinating, and great viewing! ...
see more
1,414 Views · 35 Comments
05/26/17 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by GombessaOriginally Posted by HSFlik 2) Roland's SuperNATURAL engine is sample based, but uses a lot of processing to make it seamless between velocity layers, repeating notes, trills, etc. It does not use any sample looping at all whatsoever. All 88 keys a...
see more
90,093 Views · 764 Comments
Piano Forum
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a refurbished 1972 Yamaha U1 from a reputable dealer. They delivered the piano themselves. Two guys in a van. They used a small trolley to get the piano off the van. In doing so the piano wobbled and slipped from the trolley with a thud onto its ...
see more
388 Views · 12 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
I do agree that my skills for that particular piece were probably pretty good. I am also a pretty good sight reader, so I'm sure that helped. I was just trying to point out that it's really not an exact science....
see more
826 Views · 21 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/26/17 02:35 PM
I really didn't see anyone equate piano playing with typing or a keyboard with piano so I have no idea why all this preaching to the choir. The OP is hurt by doing two distinct activities, typing and playing piano. We can dismiss typing skills all we want but it's part of his job...
see more
1,054 Views · 64 Comments
Piano Forum
05/26/17 02:35 PM
That's a good example/picture of a Cantilever bridge, Sam. I don't know a lot about acoustic piano design/construction, but it seems to me, based on the picture you posted of the Steinway A II, with the cantilever bridge, that when the bass strings are installed and applying do...
see more
421 Views · 11 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/26/17 02:31 PM
Without boring you with long recap of my history here it is in a nutshell: I was on the road to being a concert pianist, quit when I was 22 to become a singer. Started playing again seriously after 30 years last years. Studying when a fairly well known concert pianist (who is ...
see more
250 Views · 13 Comments
Piano Forum
05/26/17 02:31 PM
Congratulations Lucas G! Sooo happy for you I just recently purchased a model 200 around the same age (early 80s). I didn't pay any particular attention to the keytops when I'd tested the piano, but after I got her home, I noticed them... I contacted Bosendorfer about caring f...
see more
4,036 Views · 71 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/26/17 02:21 PM
The typing thing took over this thread of late, and got confusing in terms of piano, devolving some kind of rabbit hole. I got lost, so I went back to see where it all started. I'm starting with this: Originally Posted by unkabinOne last note about typing. I had a strict typin...
see more
1,054 Views · 64 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/26/17 02:20 PM
It depends on the kind of music you like to play but I myself don't bother with transposing, scales and chords until I actually need it. A while ago I started with some jazz piano and hence I started with some chords. I sometimes try a scale when I need it for a specific situatio...
see more
372 Views · 5 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/26/17 02:11 PM
Without a doubt! from op28 no.10....
see more
419 Views · 26 Comments
Piano Forum
05/26/17 02:06 PM
Rich's first photo shows a regular bridge well, but the second is obscured by the plate. This photo isn't as sharp as I'd like, but it show the cantilevered bass bridge in profile. This is from a Steinway AII. ...
see more
421 Views · 11 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/26/17 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by RichrfI renewed my three month subscription for another three months. I continue to believe that one month's of lessons for $31 it's an excellent value, particularly since after experimenting with Alfred's, Fabers, and Bastien, it seems as Nikoleav's is close...
see more
13,475 Views · 260 Comments
05/26/17 02:02 PM
I love the idea of being able to customize these boards! A couple of thoughts I had, for those thinking of doing this... Most 88s do not have octave shift buttons, so "out of the box" you would be limited to the specific range of the board as you'd expect. However, if...
see more
767 Views · 20 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/26/17 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by hilizanne About me: took lessons from 2nd-12th grade. In high school had a few performances on public radio and TV, art shows, but only because of my age. Went to college as Bio major, music building very far away, but did take 2 semesters of piano for fine a...
see more
1,945,322 Views · 854 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/26/17 01:49 PM
Hmmm...had to think about this one a bit! First choice -- the last five minutes or so of Samuel Barber's "Knoxville, Summer of 1915". But very close runners-up: Last eight minutes or so of Benjamin Britten's "War Requiem", and the Kyrie and Pie Jesu from ...
see more
719 Views · 25 Comments
Piano Forum
05/26/17 01:37 PM
Which would make perfect sense and probably why the case number is hidden and the plate serial is in plain sight. I just got confused because the case number is prefixed with F which happens to be an older version of the SF10 (and the 5 digit number would correspond back to 30's...
see more
167 Views · 3 Comments
05/26/17 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by JoeTIt's not a $479 piano anymore. The $479 piano is a factory-produced mass-market product, which comes with 88 keys, because this is the standard size the market agreed on. It's only cheap, because economies of scale applies. This board here is a unique pro...
see more
546 Views · 18 Comments
Page 23 of 25 1 2 21 22 23 24 25
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
I need help...PLEASE
by Flush. 05/27/17 10:22 PM
K. Kawai K48A from 1970 (Made in Japan)
by PianoMomCan. 05/27/17 09:45 PM
Un Sospiro - measure 22, LH fingering
by gzak. 05/27/17 07:29 PM
Line out jack or Headphone output?
by CMDVN. 05/27/17 05:09 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Report Problems With New Forums
Report Problems with New Forums Here!
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics179,926
Posts2,630,425
Members87,905
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission