Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
100 registered (augustm, alphonsus, anamnesis, Arty Movie, alwatson, barbaram, 19 invisible), 2117 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Companion to Masterwork Classics by scorpio @ 03/21/17 10:39 AM

Birdgolf, I purchased a used copy of Level 1-2. I did not find it too useful. I barely opened it. In general, there are four sections for each piece: 1. Getting Ready to Play - determine character and personality - changes to rhythm
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Mason BB vs. Schimmel 208 by Cassia @ 03/21/17 10:34 AM

Have you played it?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Mason BB vs. Schimmel 208 by Rich Galassini @ 03/21/17 10:33 AM

Condition rather than quality will rule the day on this one, IMHO. The BB is from 1965, which makes it over 50 years old. I am not terribly confident that it will be in well prepped condition. This means you will most likely have to put money into th
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Thanks for your response! I hope the issue gets fixed for you, asap. I will be following here for any updates. Originally Posted By RickardNi My best guess though, is that the store is not the dealying factor here, but Kawai. That's exactly my wor
Originally Posted By Michael H I've always liked the GHS action myself, but on Yamaha's that have been around a few years, such as my P35, the action is noisy and a bit imprecise, whereas the new models are quieter with less side to side motion. Same
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Five years in, facing the long plateau by dmd @ 03/21/17 10:25 AM

One of the things I challenge myself with (from time to time) is .... Can I learn to play this or not ? If I am not careful, learning to play becomes meandering around doing "this and that" with no particular accountability associated wit
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai announces CN37 and CN27 digital pianos by stevedoz @ 03/21/17 10:21 AM

Thanks James
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Fully moderated by chopinoholic @ 03/21/17 10:19 AM

Hi, I tried posting in the members recordings forum to the Chopin Fantaisie recording of Heghine which is truly gourgeous. But I get this message when submitting: Quote: This forum is fully moderated so your post will not show up until an Administra
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Impromptu in C major [Original Composition] by Morodiene @ 03/21/17 10:17 AM

Nice work! I do like the interesting rhythm that you've created with the RH, and it has a very relaxed, tranquil feel to it. Here are some things that I think you could improve upon: 1) Notation-wise, there are some choices you made that I think wo
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Fantasie by chopinoholic @ 03/21/17 10:15 AM

Heghine, you have a new fan! This was great! Rarely I have heard such a thoughtful interpretation. It shines. Thanks for sharing!
Jump to new posts Re: Roland PHA-50 VS Kawai RM3 Grand II by slipperykeys @ 03/21/17 10:14 AM

A Roland that is at least 6 years old.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2JlEwBHNiM They haven't got worse!
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Chopin Etude Op.25 No. 2 by anamnesis @ 03/21/17 10:12 AM

Originally Posted By Mark_CCongratulations -- You are successfully noticing something that almost all pianists ignore. Or, if they're not exactly ignoring it, their playing sure doesn't seem to show it. There are different rhythms in the two hands.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Mason BB vs. Schimmel 208 by terminaldegree @ 03/21/17 10:11 AM

The CL ad language almost seems scammy...no price, no location, anonymous email contact only, weird ad language, just exterior refinishing?
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Hamelin plays Feinberg sonatas, HQ by 255 @ 03/21/17 10:07 AM

Hamelin is recently getting into Feinberg, and there can't be any better news for us Feinberg fans, because his unquestionably excellent technique is the perfect tool to go through the impressive complexity of Feinberg's music. If you check out his c
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by BrianDX @ 03/21/17 10:03 AM

01. Sonatina In C Major (Op.36 No.1) (1st Mov.) (Clementi) (OF) 02. Sonatina In C Major (Op.36 No.1) (2nd Mov.) (Clementi) (OF) 03. Sonatina In C Major (Op.36 No.1) (3rd Mov.) (Clementi) (OF) 04. Sonatina (BrianDX) (OC) 05. Down River (BrianDX) (OC)
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Five years in, facing the long plateau by BrianDX @ 03/21/17 09:59 AM

Originally Posted By StubbieI came to playing music late in life. There is no going back and rescuing all those lost years. But I'm okay with that. I'm thankful that I found piano, period. I'll quote what I said in the "Why do you play?"
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Mason BB vs. Schimmel 208 by prenex @ 03/21/17 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By terminaldegreeHow original is the M&H? Is it in Minnesota? Schimmel is 1987, and yes, in Minnesota.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Books or videos on correct piano technique by pinkfloydhomer @ 03/21/17 09:54 AM

Do you guys know some great resources or exercises for correct piano technique, especially for beginners or in my case for amateurs that have been playing on and off for twenty years without ever having a teacher. I just had my first lesson and the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Mason BB vs. Schimmel 208 by terminaldegree @ 03/21/17 09:53 AM

How original is the M&H? Is it in Minnesota?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on a Petrof IV 1997/1998 grand piano by DiarmuidD @ 03/21/17 09:52 AM

This is a good before/after video of a restored 1996 Petrof III. The tone after the work is really lovely. A complete transformation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhRvc-vkCos
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What are some of your favorite things about tuning? by terminaldegree @ 03/21/17 09:50 AM

Five things for now: 1. Returning to a piano I tuned sometime ago (weeks/months) and still thinking, "Hey, that's still a good sounding/usable tuning!" 2. The feeling of satisfaction when all the "checks" work out well at the en
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Companion to Masterwork Classics by Birdgolf @ 03/21/17 09:49 AM

Has anyone an opinion on "Practice and Performance" the companion to Masterwork Classics?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Mason BB vs. Schimmel 208 by Carey @ 03/21/17 09:48 AM

How old is the Schimmel?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Five years in, facing the long plateau by Stubbie @ 03/21/17 09:45 AM

Sand Tiger, what shines through with your posts is your love of music. The beauty (as in cool thing) of music is that it is such a large tent. We each get to make music that is right for us. It is ours to make. I came to playing music late in lif
Jump to new posts Re: Vienna Imperial VSL setup problem by Zoli @ 03/21/17 09:43 AM

Thank you all. A lot of to do's with the virtual piano , but somehow without making any changes after a few restarts now is working perfectly, no drop-outs and no fancy cracking noises. Anyway, I'll try to deepen my knowledges about the virtual pia
Page 22 of 23 < 1 2 20 21 22 23 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Saddest Piece Ever?
by SiFi
Today at 01:46 AM
How long does it usually take to learn a piece?
by Cutestpuppie
Yesterday at 10:45 PM
Help me decide
by TSuppa
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Ivory keys expert advice needed
by Jorge Andrade
Yesterday at 08:06 PM
Good news and terrible news
by sara elizabeth
Yesterday at 06:19 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,083 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,506 Topics
2,609,067 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission