Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
97 registered members (agraffe, anotherscott, Almaviva, 36251, Averasboro, 24 invisible), 1,673 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Thanks Medved1, dogperson, sinophilia, and nancyde for your posts! Sinophilia sorry to hear about the loss of your cats. Here is the singing dog I was thinking about. Did your dog sound anything like this Medved? : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PiblYasnzWE Also, here is a h...
see more
398 Views · 13 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
Andy, you probably know this already, the Hobart Cable of the 1930s was american made and no connection whatsoever with the pianos made in China with the name for the past forty years or so. a tyro in piano shopping might get lucky with one of the first pianos they find they can...
see more
516 Views · 32 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
CW pianos really punch beyond their weight. Thanks for that....
see more
217 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by paxelHello, I'm interested in a baby grand (short, 150 cm). I know and I hear that bass strings are a bit weak, but .. are they usually even worse than a medium 120 cm upright A grand that's 30 cm longer than an upright will have strings close to the same l...
see more
183 Views · 7 Comments
Pianist Corner
2 hours ago
Congratulations. You deserve it. Now take a g.. damn holiday please. 😉...
see more
2,197 Views · 81 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Hi Melanie, I enjoy listening to your tracks on Soundcloud. I think they are very good!...
see more
59,763 Views · 833 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
2 hours ago
Welcome to the forum phosita! 1. No, you're not crazy. 2. Yes, it's easy to do - as Charles notes - just use a single MIDI cable to connect the MIDI out from the VPC1 to the MIDI in on the MP7. The ES8 vs MP7 discussion is interesting. The ES8 has the edge in terms of piano ...
see more
75 Views · 4 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
if the six year old piano was otherwise maintained well, not exposed to extremes of humidity or temp, and didn't have problems (such as trouble maintaining pitch and tune in a stable temperature and humidity environment) as a new instrument, not getting tuned twice or more a year...
see more
470 Views · 13 Comments
2 hours ago
Elmer, I think you're spot on. The beauty of the VPC1 is its simplicity. Not even a pitch bend wheel! We could probably create a successor with a built-in PC and audio interface, but as you say, most VPC1 customers have invested in this equipment already - would they be willin...
see more
765 Views · 14 Comments
2 hours ago
I don't know the specifics on your question but this video might be helpful Using the RD-2000 with MainStage 3...
see more
86,311 Views · 723 Comments
2 hours ago
Hi JFP, long time no see! Nice wish list. I'll pass it along. Cheers, James x...
see more
765 Views · 14 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by joe80In answer to Almaviva - no the touch weight doesn't actually change but when the response changes it feels like the touch changes. Voicing doesn't change the weight, but it changes how much you have to accelerate that weight. It changes the impact sp...
see more
946 Views · 30 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
Did you look at either of the Baldwin Ms when you were there at DFW piano gallery? The are highly regarded small grands around here, and I know I love mine. They might be willing to negotiate on price....
see more
516 Views · 32 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Here's a typical practice session for me: 1 Warm up with a few scales and/or a “fun” piece I have memorized. 2. Work on a 2 to 4 pieces I have recently learned that need polishing. No particular order of the pieces here – depends on how much time I have. 3. Sight read...
see more
207 Views · 5 Comments
2 hours ago
Hello Rador, welcome to the forum. In short, I believe all of the models you list support half-pedalling, however some will require a different pedal to be purchased in order to achieve this functionality. - All Kawai portable DPs include the F-10H damper pedal which allows hal...
see more
73 Views · 3 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Life has been crazy! But I've been playing a whole lot! Bold type is new "Pathways to Artistry" Masterworks, Book 1 📚- Catherine Rollin Alfred (20) "Pathways to Artistry" Repertoire, Book 1- Catherine Rollin Alfred 21. Little Invention &q...
see more
59,763 Views · 833 Comments
3 hours ago
they always have room for special cases...
see more
1,673 Views · 21 Comments
Pianist Corner
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by CrescenticWow! Thought this thread was dead but it blew up. Thanks for all the insights, I will ask my teacher on what he recommends and keep my standards more reasonable for now. And yeah Scotch Poem is the one by Macdowell. Please let us know what you (and...
see more
674 Views · 57 Comments
3 hours ago
Yes, if the OP already has a reasonably modern iPad, a Bluetooth MIDI dongle and an app like Korg Module would be a great solution. Cheers, James x...
see more
103 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by CareyOriginally Posted by JollyOk, you've been to DFW Piano Gallery...Did they have a W175 Weber in stock? for what it is, it's a pretty decent piano and they sell them for about 9K, new. I think that's about the floor for a new one and you would end up finan...
see more
516 Views · 32 Comments
3 hours ago
It may also be a good idea to take advantage of any early boarding option they have, to help assure that there will be plenty of overhead compartment space when you board, since that space is always first come first served....
see more
1,673 Views · 21 Comments
Pianist Corner
3 hours ago
Wow! Thought this thread was dead but it blew up. Thanks for all the insights, I will ask my teacher on what he recommends and keep my standards more reasonable for now. And yeah Scotch Poem is the one by Macdowell....
see more
674 Views · 57 Comments
3 hours ago
Your modification work reminded me of this 49-key Kawai MP9000: It would be cool to see a 76-key Kawai MP7... Cheers, James x...
see more
387 Views · 10 Comments
3 hours ago
We have the Casio GP400 and GP500 side by side and there is no clear cut winner as far as sales figures go. I do find the customer that is willing to sit and play it for more than just a few minutes will dig it. Since we are primarily and acoustic shop sometimes it is not easy to...
see more
132 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
3 hours ago
Well a I VI ii V occurred to me - I Got Rhythm . The VI is major or augmented depending on how you choose to play it. But get this, the B section (I play this song in the key of F) starts on an and A7 going.... A7 D7 G7 Gm7 C that root movement UP a...
see more
508 Views · 9 Comments
Page 2 of 27 1 2 3 4 26 27
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Looking for Carillon Bell Sound
by SoundThumb. 05/22/17 11:08 PM
Uneven Key - Casio CDP200R
by noodleq. 05/22/17 10:54 PM
Sympathetic vibrations
by DonHillPianos. 05/22/17 09:54 PM
Attack In England - Multiple Deaths
by Piano World. 05/22/17 09:46 PM
broken arpeggio scales/fingerings
by sonnichs. 05/22/17 09:36 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics179,825
Posts2,628,872
Members87,851
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Report Problems With New Forums
Report Problems with New Forums Here!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission