Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Hurricane Irma & Our Piano Friends!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Tuning a Piano
How to Tune Pianos
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Who's Online Now
103 registered members (Beemer, anotherscott, barbaram, amad23, Asayake, 26 invisible), 1,792 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
I am still learning terms, though 68 years old and 49 years in the business. I thought piano manufacturing and parts terminology would have been standardized long ago with conferences, as there would naturally be the need to communicate in the factory situation. Maybe the terms...
see more
484 Views · 16 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
1 hour ago
Maybe it is "the secret chord/ that David played to please the Lord..."...
see more
79 Views · 1 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
1 hour ago
I would love to see Roland put the Integra-7 sounds in a piano. The Integra-7 sounds are light years ahead of Roland's General Midi sounds....
see more
131 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Miguel ReyI'm starting to understand this now, for some reason I've had this paranoia. Have a new Bluthner on the way with Delignit block and understand they are pretty durable and nice to work with Miguel, I started tuning using an etd on my 28 year ol...
see more
736 Views · 16 Comments
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
My tech and I talk when he when he arrives to discuss what I think the piano needs outside of the actual tuning and we'll chat after he's done. We do talk during the tuning, but I let him drive that conversation. If he asks a question I'll answer. If I hear something a think I...
see more
267 Views · 5 Comments
Pianist Corner
1 hour ago
Everybody has at least heard the "big names" but there's a host of composers of good intermediate-level piano music that nobody outside of pianists would know. I run into this sort of thing: "Oh, that was so pretty! Who wrote that?" "Thanks. That was Wi...
see more
239 Views · 18 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
2 hours ago
Hi guys Just learned this.. hope you like it and suggestions for improvement are welcomed :)) https://youtu.be/Vr3_FTjLGZo...
see more
15 Views · 1 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Maybe you can download musescore. It's free and not that difficult to use. https://musescore.org/ I'm curious: What rhythms do you have difficulty with?...
see more
70 Views · 4 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
3 hours ago
I'm having trouble with some tricky rhythms introduced in grade 4. Is there a free site or app that I can plug in the rhythm and listen to it over and over and over?...
see more
70 Views · 4 Comments
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by assiI did compared it with the same model as mine, and my keys are simply way more stiff. Even other heavy keys which I tried did not exhaust me like my own keyboard. So at least I'm fairly sure it is my keyboard, not (just) me. Even though the keys might wei...
see more
677 Views · 17 Comments
Pianist Corner
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Mark_COriginally Posted by JoelWCui. Great answer! -- exactly the kind of answer that the question was begging for. It was Chopin. ...
see more
239 Views · 18 Comments
Piano Forum
3 hours ago
Thanks, Rich, for taking the time to clarify these things. Very clear post....
see more
484 Views · 16 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
3 hours ago
Hello Bill, I'm interested in how you clean a soundboard. Tim Coates...
see more
911 Views · 22 Comments
3 hours ago
Hi, My FP-90 arrived at last and with good condition, and I had the opportunity to fiddle with it (though not deeply yet). I bought it with its fixed stand, but I preferred the rpu-3 instead of the pedal for the stand, since it is portable and compatible with many other models. A...
see more
131 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Forum
3 hours ago
Beautiful pianos and beautiful photos! Now living in US, Steinway Cs are rare to find. But growing up in Asia, although my memory is vague I am pretty sure I've encountered (as audience) a few Steinway Cs in some venues. To me, they sound equally good to Steinway D. Your cast...
see more
1,282 Views · 37 Comments
Forum Members Parties, Tours, Cruises, & Meetings
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by casinitalyOriginally Posted by johan dWell, Belgium - Germany, will it ever be closer...? If nothing comes up, I might join. Our very first one was in Brussels! Where in Belgium are you? You could host 2019! It would be lovely to meet you, in either country!...
see more
120 Views · 6 Comments
Pianist Corner
4 hours ago
I respectfully disagree. Horowitz did not choose to play everything more slowly and sloppy because his focus was playing the wrong notes with more color. He was incapable of playing the way he did in that regard from his 40s on. He had remarkable control of tone and dynamics t...
see more
46,933 Views · 91 Comments
4 hours ago
Hey, I can't say anything about the Roland, but I have an UR22 and depending on sample rate I get between 4.3+5.3ms and 3.9+4.9ms, I assume UR242's results would be similar. Never got any problem on Windows 10....
see more
65 Views · 2 Comments
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by johan dWell, Belgium - Germany, will it ever be closer...? If nothing comes up, I might join. Our very first one was in Brussels! Where in Belgium are you? You could host 2019! It would be lovely to meet you, in either country!...
see more
120 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by phacketrandinhnamanh, Where did you find this S&S-C piano advertised? Where in general do you look for ads for such 2nd hand pianos in France or West Europe? Thanks- There's a website in France, for private sale: www.leboncoin.fr...
see more
1,282 Views · 37 Comments
Piano Forum
4 hours ago
Good morning from Philly, There is some misunderstanding here so I thought I would define "double crowning" for all. First let's talk about the soundboard itself. It's "crown" is supported by ribs underneath the soundboard. It is also supported by bridges a...
see more
484 Views · 16 Comments
Pianist Corner
4 hours ago
Which of the 6 movements is this from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U85TwnCRfsM...
see more
35 Views · 0 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
4 hours ago
I don't think a more expensive digital is the way to go either. While in the UK this summer I was playing my brother's Casio GP300 hybrid piano and honestly I was not impressed, despite the hype. Did you look at the U1 with the silent system (a very common model I think)?...
see more
624 Views · 19 Comments
5 hours ago
to my ear sounds like the performer came up with a perfectly reasonable substitute chord for what's in the charts. Yes, I agree that the chord sounds fine, despite the unusual combination. That's why Triple# highlighted it in the first place, I suppose, and to be honest, I dou...
see more
594 Views · 13 Comments
5 hours ago
Well, Belgium - Germany, will it ever be closer...? If nothing comes up, I might join....
see more
120 Views · 6 Comments
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Trouble with rhythm
by sara elizabeth. 09/26/17 07:53 AM
Observations on my new Roland FP-90
by TripleSharp. 09/26/17 07:09 AM
Which movement contains the snake? - BWV 826 Partita in Cm
by pinkfloydhomer. 09/26/17 06:22 AM
Between Steinberg UR242 and Roland Quad Capture
by stamkorg. 09/26/17 04:15 AM
Perzina and weber pianos
by dat77. 09/26/17 02:53 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,026
Posts2,660,196
Members88,893
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission