Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
119 registered members (ajames, Adypiano, accordeur, Almaviva, agraffe, aleksivu, 27 invisible), 2,011 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
06/20/17 10:27 PM
Joe, As a first stop, you might visit the following forum; it has several studio professionals and specialzed audio PC builders. https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/ Your desktop is tiny! I really think you should try running the computer as is. Then optimize Win...
see more
264 Views · 6 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/20/17 10:26 PM
I have started learning Bach's invention no. 2 and hit a roadblock with ornaments on the first day. I'm a bit of a nerd, so I did my research, looked through every edition in the public domain, listened to numerous recordings on youtube, consulted CPE Bach's Essay and Bach's tabl...
see more
255 Views · 7 Comments
06/20/17 10:11 PM
Yeah you're right, I tried the pdf file from scribd and it says that it has no exploitable pdf data. So it's only true pdf music files for me for now....
see more
709 Views · 12 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/20/17 10:00 PM
I was going to say, Hamelin is the gold standard. his 1996 live performance at merkin hall is amazing, sadly it has been taken down off of youtube by hyperion even though it is not even their music....
see more
1,878 Views · 43 Comments
06/20/17 09:51 PM
Garritan CFX shows the number of "layers" being played at any given time, which I assume are the voices stitched together to produce one or more keys played. With damper off, any given key pressed and held varies between 1-3 voices. With damper pressed, the player also ...
see more
1,033 Views · 26 Comments
Piano Forum
06/20/17 09:48 PM
Pianoloverus, that sounds more reasonable than the table that I used (using 1985 numbers). And how does one really know if the instrument was built in Hamburg or NY? The Steinway store I used has been out of business for years. Chris...
see more
522 Views · 17 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
06/20/17 09:46 PM
My only recommendation is that, before you make your decision, listen to some Wes Montgomery, Grant Green, Jim Hall, Pat Metheny, Joe Pass, Kurt Rosenwinkel, and some of the other great jazz guitarists. I sense that you're basing your feeling about the piano based on how it sou...
see more
572 Views · 16 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
06/20/17 09:43 PM
Hi Ed, the only thing that comes to mind at the moment would be some of Keith's solo abstract improvs...the Alan thing is of a similar concept too I think.....
see more
726 Views · 14 Comments
Piano Forum
06/20/17 09:40 PM
Thank you all, BDB, according to the Steinway salesperson when I bought the piano, it was built in Hamburg, and he felt that that was an important selling point. But according to the technician, it couldn't have been built in Hamburg because the shape of the pieces on the side...
see more
522 Views · 17 Comments
Pianist Corner
06/20/17 09:37 PM
I once tried the Bizet-solo version, there the 2nd movement is just a little easier, alas, the rest is harder......
see more
626 Views · 15 Comments
Piano Forum
06/20/17 09:36 PM
I have just returned from viewing the Piano Auctions sale in London. Apart from the double Pleyel (the subject of another thread, which I shall update in due course) the most interesting piano (to me) was a Kaps 6-foot grand of 1888. This piano is exceptionally handsome, with a...
see more
228 Views · 0 Comments
06/20/17 09:35 PM
I'm not really a computer guy and would like some suggestions. I just bought a huge VST (EWQL Platinum - 250GB, roughly 60GB/piano) that comes on a 1TB external HDD. I also got a new PC - Lenovo M710 Tiny with Win10 with 7the gen quad core i5. The PC has one 3.5in HDD slot (3 int...
see more
264 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
06/20/17 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by earlofmar So what pieces have caught your attention? to do the October/November exams in NSW you need to decide by early August. If you live in another state then that might be different. I guess I faced the same challenge when deciding on my exam timetable....
see more
62,234 Views · 363 Comments
Piano Forum
06/20/17 09:23 PM
Using the PBuyer depreciation schedule we get $78,400(present cost for a model O) x 35%(assuming the piano of age 30 years is in excellent condition)= $ 27, 440. Of course, this is meant to be a ball park figure and there would be a fudge factor of + or - some amount (I'm guessin...
see more
522 Views · 17 Comments
06/20/17 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Doug M. 2) It would be a a bit of an insult to Fatar if Nord were to openly advertise that they felt the need to modify the Fatar action---presumably because they think it not good enough. Don't premium AP makers using Renner actions also have made-to-spec a...
see more
980 Views · 33 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
06/20/17 09:00 PM
You certainly sound like you are ready to move on. However, I must ask you these questions ..... Are you looking at the page of notation while you are playing or are you looking at the keys/fingers ? Do you play with a metronome ? Do you have a teacher ? I ask you these ques...
see more
453 Views · 14 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
06/20/17 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by proutOriginally Posted by Chris LeslieProut, do you get the same inconsistencies if measuring synthetic tones as opposed to real piano tones? No. I have created waveforms using six simultaneous non-integer related frequencies, and, using varying sample rate...
see more
1,823 Views · 99 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
06/20/17 08:40 PM
You certainly are at the right age to start your journey. You have plenty of time and you will need time. So get started. As for what you can "play" after a year or two .... who knows. Of course, you can play the tunes you mentioned. You may not be able to play ...
see more
572 Views · 16 Comments
Piano Forum
06/20/17 08:32 PM
'selling to a friend' might involve more variables than what you're seeing in the listed prices in the different markets you've observed. [obviously, knowing nothing of your friend or the friendship, does s/he really love the piano, and are they affluent to the extent that a few...
see more
522 Views · 17 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
06/20/17 08:27 PM
I'm a guitarist who recently switched to Piano.. I'm 39 and have been playing guitar for 25 years. I've been playing piano for 6 months. My progress in that time has been fantastic. In 10 years, you can certainly achieve those goals....but just like anything else, it will depe...
see more
572 Views · 16 Comments
06/20/17 08:26 PM
Seems to me your ears will tell you the answer and a bit o' thought will tell you why. No digital piano sounds like an acoustic, because as stated, all strings as well as other things resonate. The samples are cleaned up, and only those resonances deemed sonically acceptable to t...
see more
1,033 Views · 26 Comments
Piano Forum
06/20/17 08:21 PM
I am very interested in finding out more about Phoenix pianos. But aside from going to Hurstwood Farm, is there a place/dealer in the United States that has those pianos that I can go try?...
see more
980 Views · 12 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
06/20/17 08:19 PM
You'll accomplish more if you begin now than if you don't begin at all....
see more
572 Views · 16 Comments
Piano Forum
06/20/17 08:18 PM
In 1986 Model O Steinways were only built in Hamburg. That affects the value. Can you confirm?...
see more
522 Views · 17 Comments
Piano Forum
06/20/17 08:18 PM
You may want to reference the Piano Buyer's guide on this: How much is it worth?...
see more
522 Views · 17 Comments
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Searching for my perfect piano
by vais4pianists. 06/22/17 10:47 AM
Used QRS midi strip /Pianodisk midi strip
by Marc NY. 06/22/17 09:42 AM
1899 Knabe Concert Grand
by Keith D Kerman. 06/22/17 09:29 AM
Returning to Piano after awhile
by acdyer23. 06/22/17 06:38 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,389
Posts2,638,177
Members88,153
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission