Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
NAMM 2018
-------------------
Forums With A View!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
84 registered members (7uturu, Alan F, accordeur, agraffe, Akaitsuki, 30 invisible), 791 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
02/17/18 06:18 PM
An analysis of a 2015 solo performance by the GREAT ONE) Fun for jazz nerds. Thank You CHICK COREA!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNI8HuPhDM...
see more
77 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Forum
Originally Posted by WhoDwaldiOriginally Posted by Robert 45I also had to access Piano World via Google. When I tried to get to Piano World as I usually do, a warning appeared saying that this was a risky, insecure site and it was blocked. I hope the problem can be put right. ...
see more
582 Views · 11 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
I totally understand the feeling! However, for completeness, I'll take the other side of the argument. I bought a beginner upright piano when I returned to playing, 5 years ago. My thinking was that I would see if I could actually practice regularly, and if so, trade up later....
see more
667 Views · 26 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 06:08 PM
This is an interesting thread and one we don't see every day. I started with a nice digital, upgraded in 3-4 yrs to a nice almost new upright, and figures if I'm stop playing in 3-4 more years will get a nice grand. I can afford a Steinway also but I'm still in the saving for ret...
see more
667 Views · 26 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
02/17/18 06:03 PM
I think asking students to record minutes could work but it depends on the teacher's personality. I'm very particular during the lesson, so I see their practice time as a chance for them to synthesize things their own way, and I wouldn't expect them to be particular. But Gary has...
see more
959 Views · 28 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
02/17/18 06:01 PM
Have professional artists or pianists given a review yet? When I tested the NV10 last weekend I thought it sounded pretty good from its own speakers. One will need to hear for themselves to decide....
see more
1,324 Views · 27 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 05:58 PM
I'm just giving you a hard time .. please continue to participate ...
see more
1,920 Views · 74 Comments
02/17/18 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by KhueOriginally Posted by toddyThere are lots of ways to change pitch. If your guitar goes out of tune', some of the strings have changed pitch. Or you can retune the guitar to play chords differently - you have changed pitch again. Transpose means change key...
see more
518 Views · 19 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 05:50 PM
As always, far more knowledgeable members here will, no doubt, weigh in and give their excellant insights. As for us, (a 50+ yr old beginner couple) we tried to start with a nice older upright acoustic, but it was soon obvious that something was lacking as skill progressed (alo...
see more
667 Views · 26 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 05:48 PM
A great playing and sounding piano will cause to you play better. It will sound better, much better, and making sounds is what we piano players do. As you play, it will feel better, more accurate, more nuanced. Just as the Porsche will bring much more enjoyment as a driver ca...
see more
667 Views · 26 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 05:44 PM
It is your own challenge, so you can decided what to count. Personally, I count pieces when they are completed, even though I may have started them last year....
see more
11,295 Views · 407 Comments
02/17/18 05:40 PM
It's not only confusing menus, but there are also a few bugs to work around. So I should add: According to my experiments, the procedure I described in my previous post only works if the favorite that is stored is the very first favorite in the whole list. Where it started to g...
see more
15,182 Views · 350 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist07. Pianist685 (Constantin) - Moonrise I thought this was the adult beginner's forum? You're like a professional or something. The Crain piece is pretty. I'm going to listen to some of your other stuff on IMSLP. Thanks so much for your kind wo...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 05:36 PM
Ditto the above. But do play as many models and brands, new and/or used, as you can lay your hands on before you purchase. Read up on pianos in the Piano Buyer's Guide (some links are available in the left-hand panel). When you do make your purchase, make sure the piano you en...
see more
667 Views · 26 Comments
02/17/18 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by terminaldegreeThere will be *another* review going online very shortly... Toddy— that looks more like a press release than a review (one of my biggest complaints about “official” digital piano reviews, and something I try hard to avoid in my own writin...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/17/18 05:27 PM
I have one question on the pieces I can count here. Is it that I can also count those that I only finish this year but that were begun earlier? I always work on some pieces at once and it would be great if I could count whatever I can finish....
see more
11,295 Views · 407 Comments
02/17/18 05:24 PM
There will be *another* review going online very shortly... Toddy— that looks more like a press release than a review (one of my biggest complaints about “official” digital piano reviews, and something I try hard to avoid in my own writing). ...
see more
02/17/18 05:23 PM
JoBert, That helps. thanks. I will try it as soon as Keith Jarret and Charlie Haden finish playing their Jasmine Album on it. Fantastic stereo system....
see more
15,182 Views · 350 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted by bSharp(C)yclist 05. PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Shenandoah Pretty and eloquent. Out of curiosity, what sort of chord rearrangements do you do when you come across 10ths? I can't span those either. In I Giorni, I moved some of the 10ths down to an octave. Since the ...
see more
Piano Forum
The URL or logo (is that what it's called?) at the top has changed to forum.pianoworld.com since the revamp of the PW site. If I type in Pianoworld, it takes me not to the PW forum but to the 'commercial' PW page. My MacBook has never displayed any warning about security problem...
see more
582 Views · 11 Comments
Piano Forum
There are a bunch of odd things about that piano, not the least is that the bar under the lid goes lengthwise instead of across. It certainly is not a standard B. I wonder whether the lid has been replaced....
see more
1,261 Views · 23 Comments
02/17/18 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by EDSDDSAnother option that I THINK might work is a Yamaha NP32 plugged in with the Piano Controller app if it lets you access other voices from the P115 or others? NP32 will not let you access sounds from other Yamaha pianos. But there are lots of apps with o...
see more
493 Views · 12 Comments
02/17/18 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Osho Any online links to these reviews? Osho https://www.pianistmagazine.com/piano-buyers-guide/kawai/kawai-novus-nv10...
see more
02/17/18 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by KhueI just want to know if there as a different between Transpose -1 and Pitch shifting from 440 to 415 Hz ? I know transpose -1 is change key, all notes to lower a semitone. But i'm not sure about 415Hz pitch mean (?). Note A above middle C will be Ab, and C...
see more
518 Views · 19 Comments
02/17/18 05:09 PM
Pitch of 415 means that A4 will have the pitch. The rest of the notes will get the pitch as defined by whatever temperament is used on the digital piano, probably default to equal temperament. Baroque music used a different temperament I think....
see more
518 Views · 19 Comments
Page 18 of 23 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 22 23
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Issue 100
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway Piano Legs
by SF10. 02/18/18 08:28 PM
Missed class policy
by Osho. 02/18/18 06:52 PM
When I thought I had seen everything on pianos...
by Piano_Brazil. 02/18/18 05:51 PM
The Repertoire Vault
by cmb13. 02/18/18 05:42 PM
Friedrich Kiel
by agraffe. 02/18/18 05:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics184,350
Posts2,697,324
Members89,648
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission