Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
75 registered (augustm, 36251, ando, Arty Movie, Bambers, 7uturu, 12 invisible), 1739 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by TheodorN @ 03/24/17 09:11 PM

What I meant with what I said about the black keys, is that when people are beginning playing or practising playing piano, they are advised to begin playing in keys with few or no black keys, like C, F, and G, all major. It wasn't meant to be a joke
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Edvard Grieg's Piano by BDB @ 03/24/17 09:09 PM

The last 85-note B was made November 1892, the first 88-note B was made October 1891.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with used digital piano under 1000$ by HoangCosmic @ 03/24/17 09:09 PM

I just played one e-piano competition midi, Chopin Ballade no 1, there is a part that polyphony exceeds 120. But still i need 1-2 more year before being able to play the right note of that piece, then some more time to make it expressive
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Edvard Grieg's Piano by huaidongxi @ 03/24/17 09:01 PM

the museum confirmed it's ein Hamburger, per BlackCat. in my initial response my supposition was Hamburg B. B's did not see 88 keys until about 1892 ; if a steinway expert has better info, please sally forth.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by Scottswald @ 03/24/17 08:58 PM

I'm not sure if the piano was an option for the "microphone window" but I will check in the morning. I'm not sure if im missing a joke about the black keys Windows has its own very simple microphone recording program on laptop and that ha
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by TheodorN @ 03/24/17 08:58 PM

I decided to try recording through Audacity, on my PX-5S. Plugged an old cable into the headphone jack of the instrument, and into the microphone jack on the front of my desktop. There is a bit of noise, but that's because the front jack is pretty b
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by daniokeeper @ 03/24/17 08:58 PM

Raphael, I tried the stretch settings today. They are working again after the re-installation of the software. Thank you.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite works with a certain opus number? by Polyphonist @ 03/24/17 08:54 PM

My vote for opus 62 goes to Lyadov.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to switch from Classical to Jazz? by Almaviva @ 03/24/17 08:52 PM

Why do you feel you have to make a clean break from classical to jazz? Why can't you play classical and jazz pieces simultaneously. Andre Previn and Jean-Yves Thibaudet are two pianists who play in both the jazz and classical genres. Billy Joel ha
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by sullivang @ 03/24/17 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By tangothomas What am I missing? If you don't think anything is missing, then nothing is missing. However, take a listen to the aforementioned Nord playlist from Macsaint, here: https://soundcloud.com/macsaint777/sets/nord-pian
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by JayGVan @ 03/24/17 08:39 PM

Not exactly the same tones no. But the underlying tech is the very similar if not the same. To maybe put some of the questions to bed about why the words V-Piano appear in the marketing for the RD-2000 and not for the HP/LX and FP. It is likely bec
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: iRealPro vs. Session Band vs. BIAB by newbert @ 03/24/17 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By Legal BeagleThanks, Newbert. I appreciate that input very much. The MIDI business is a non-issue for me, as I just want backing with my acoustic piano. Then I suggest either ChordPulse for PC ($20) or iRealPro for iPad (I don
I removed one flange and noticed there is some rather thick felt between the flanges. This COULD be a factor...do others notice thick felt between rail and flanges on early 1900 Steinways? I haven't examined one of these lately. I have not yet eva
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ninth Boston International Piano Competition by coaster @ 03/24/17 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By Mark_C P.S. Do you have it in you to say, how's the hand? It's hard to say after such a short time. I hope it will be fine for Rhapsody, and I might even be okay to do Boston, but I think I'm just going to pass this year. It
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by sullivang @ 03/24/17 08:30 PM

Jay, Yeah, ok, fair enough. So, the answer appears to be no - the RD doesn't come with the same fully modelled pianos as the FP90. Thanks. Greg.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How to switch from Classical to Jazz? by Charles Cohen @ 03/24/17 08:28 PM

I don't think it'll work that way. There's no clean transition between the two. The best "classical prep" you can do isn't by learning pieces, it's by understanding melodic and harmonic structures. Many of those are common, between clas
Jump to new posts Re: Steinway O Flange Screws interfere w Pinblock - any ideas? by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 03/24/17 08:24 PM

Are you sure the hammer shanks/flanges are original? In some era's the flanges are thicker which brings the screw too close to the pinblock. That said, some Steinways are made with very little clearance under the pinblock.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Edvard Grieg's Piano by Ed McMorrow, RPT @ 03/24/17 08:20 PM

Rigs Brekne got back to me and seems like we are all wrong. It is an 85 note B. He didn't say whether Hamburg or NY.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by TheodorN @ 03/24/17 08:19 PM

Did the PX-760 turn up as a new device in the microphones window of Audacity? Maybe you should just record through Pianoteq. You won't get as many grey hairs from that. Since you're a beginner, most likely you're not playing the black keys very of
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Ninth Boston International Piano Competition by Mark_C @ 03/24/17 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By coasterOriginally Posted By Ken IisakaOriginally Posted By SiFi One WIPAC competitor last year applied after the deadline and got in - literally just a few days before the event. And yes, there's lots to see in DC. Yep, that
Jump to new posts Re: Curious Question - Lubricant on Strings? by Gadzar @ 03/24/17 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By TimROriginally Posted By Ed Foote It was impossible to tune, as the pin's rotation was in total control of the pitch, and trying to work within a cent by turning a pin is not really feasible. Flex is an important tool of the tune
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Audacity/Recording problems by Scottswald @ 03/24/17 08:05 PM

Ralph - thanks mate - I've only just understood what you and john sprung meant by that, I'll try it. Theodor - I e tried both through the webcam mic (no wires connected ) and the headphone jack. When I do it the jack way it must be recording interna
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on a Petrof IV 1997/1998 grand piano by DiarmuidD @ 03/24/17 07:58 PM

With regard to tone, they come out of the factory quite bright, especially the older ones, but when they are voiced a bit softer/warmer they are infinitely nicer in my opinion. And they can take that kind of voicing very well. It's just a personal pr
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite works with a certain opus number? by JoelW @ 03/24/17 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By CareyOpus 61 - Chopin - Polonaise-fantasy https://youtu.be/sEIroLParZo EASY.
Don't see evidence of restringing, pins are normal size. But in over 100 years...?
Page 18 of 25 < 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Which hand do I use
by Sol Finker
Today at 05:58 AM
Anyone know this piano intro?
by gendengx
Today at 05:05 AM
Grotrian Steinweg sound character?
by xlon
Today at 04:37 AM
Contract?
by Cutestpuppie
Yesterday at 11:04 PM
Roland question (especially RD800)
by dpcook815
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,130 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,576 Topics
2,609,950 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission