Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
85 registered members (agraffe, anotherscott, anm82, AndyP, 17curleyj, 23 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 12:19 AM
Well, honestly, I hesitate to mess with this one.... But the smallest subdivision of music that really could be considered "great" is a phrase, not a measure. This is like looking at all the cars in the world and asking which is the greatest bolt or washer. Only a c...
see more
314 Views · 7 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by JoelWOriginally Posted by MikeNOriginally Posted by JoelWOriginally Posted by MikeNThe general excess of this sort of thing. The sheer amount of filigree and the general shallowness can turn people off. I have a friend like this. Interestingly, he has an incr...
see more
3,147 Views · 101 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 12:13 AM
Even though he's insane today, I'd add Pogorelich....
see more
485 Views · 17 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 12:11 AM
Vladamir Ashkenazy ( can't believe not mentioned!) Evgeny Kissin Grigory Sokolov Ivo Pogorelich Krystian Zimerman Benjamin Grosvenor Andras Schiff Nikolai Lugansky Maurizio Pollini Nelson Freire Murray Perahia So many others that I really enjoy that are underrated and didn't...
see more
485 Views · 17 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by MikeNOriginally Posted by JoelWOriginally Posted by MikeNThe general excess of this sort of thing. The sheer amount of filigree and the general shallowness can turn people off. I have a friend like this. Interestingly, he has an incredible connection to Beeth...
see more
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 12:01 AM
Well.... I had so much high hope for this RD-2000. But I really didn't enjoy tonights first gig with it. Something about it just made me feel very unconnected to the instrument, and I thought everything sounded 'fake' and quite 'plastic' in a band context. (I was running in true ...
see more
89,091 Views · 762 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 12:01 AM
Zimerman Argerich Volodos Pollini Perahia Ranki Blechacz Yundi Li Kissin Uchida My choice for the best living in no particular order....
see more
485 Views · 17 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/25/17 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by JoelWOriginally Posted by MikeNThe general excess of this sort of thing. The sheer amount of filigree and the general shallowness can turn people off. I have a friend like this. Interestingly, he has an incredible connection to Beethoven, Brahms and Bach who'...
see more
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
05/25/17 11:50 PM
The only situation in where I do not release the tension and untwist the pin with a CCW motion is when dealing with very loose pins. In this case I've used the tapping technique up to pitch with success....
see more
1,317 Views · 55 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/25/17 11:41 PM
Barenboim is not on anyone's list?...
see more
485 Views · 17 Comments
Piano Forum
05/25/17 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by JohnSprungThe heating rods would only cause those problems if the sensors that control them aren't working properly. They're supposed to make things dry, but they're supposed to stop when dry enough. Also, they don't apply heat fast enough to be an issue, the...
see more
390 Views · 12 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/25/17 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by johan dOriginally Posted by Iaroslav VasilievThe cause is a tensed wrist. In first place you should learn to do everything (play, type) with relaxed flexible wrist, otherwise the pain will return despite all medical procedures. Pay attention to your wrist whe...
see more
922 Views · 63 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/25/17 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by MikeNThe general excess of this sort of thing. The sheer amount of filigree and the general shallowness can turn people off. I have a friend like this. Interestingly, he has an incredible connection to Beethoven, Brahms and Bach who's music I enjoy, but I'm n...
see more
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
05/25/17 11:32 PM
Mark, The only pianos where the tune above and then go down to pitch doesn't work are precisely the C type pianos defined in "Different Strokes", where the NSL length/friction in the bearing points are such that the motion down of the tuning lever (CCW) has no effect ...
see more
1,317 Views · 55 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/25/17 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by chopin_r_usIt's pretty simple. You need to tense up to put your chord down, obviously - that's physics, but you're not releasing that tension the moment of sound production. The bigger part could be using far more than the necessary amount of tension. Try ...
see more
922 Views · 63 Comments
05/25/17 11:23 PM
1) Might be useful (on your website) to indicate the weight. 2) I know this subject is of great interest to Forum members, and your posts have provided truly useful information. But I have to wonder at what point Piano World is going to ask you to purchase advertising instead of...
see more
473 Views · 18 Comments
Piano Forum
05/25/17 11:19 PM
Here is a link to a thread on this topic from 2007. An interesting discussion on this subject, with photos of cantilevered bridges, including my own Bluthner....
see more
332 Views · 10 Comments
05/25/17 11:11 PM
If you're only going to have 30 GB left, and you definitely want to put it on SSD, you might as well bite the bullet now and get another SSD. 30 GB isn't really enough for your future needs. (Having said that, I only have 20 GB spare; works fine after I transferred my holiday vid...
see more
343 Views · 14 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
05/25/17 11:10 PM
The OP hasn't posted since February. Hopefully he comes back. I think everyone's goal here is to enjoy playing piano. I did start with a method book, but transitioned to playing repertoire pieces from the Alfred's Masterwork Classics series. That then lead to following the RCM sy...
see more
3,468 Views · 55 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/25/17 10:54 PM
The general excess of this sort of thing. The sheer amount of filigree and the general shallowness can turn people off. I have a friend like this. Interestingly, he has an incredible connection to Beethoven, Brahms and Bach who's music I enjoy, but I'm not drawn to in such a fash...
see more
05/25/17 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by broosterDavid Horne has some mighty fine Music at his webpage. I don't know if this will work here. let's see: Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans I moved from New Orleans to Tennessee 32 years ago. Good Piano work. Thanks!...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
05/25/17 10:50 PM
All good points,as I realize I may be victim of some bad positioning. Confirmed with SEVERE tennis elbow..have to rest/occupational therapy ...spoke with teacher, and we will work on more basic material to improve on sight reading, along with aural/listening exercises, well over...
see more
10,654 Views · 29 Comments
05/25/17 10:47 PM
Whether it's worth it probably strongly depends on how good the speakers of your DP are already, and which direction they face. I wouldn't have thought they'd be optimized for near-field listening though. Only one way to find out. Order online and send it back within 14 days if...
see more
315 Views · 8 Comments
Pianist Corner
05/25/17 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by MikeNOriginally Posted by JoelWOriginally Posted by pianoloverusWhat do people think of Hamelin's composition? I only heard the last 3-4 minutes of one of the performances but I did not like it much compared to many of his other works. OTOH I certainly greatl...
see more
05/25/17 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Rhodie73Ok so I've checked the RD2000 at a SamAsh brand new onthe floor and at a guitar center brand new on the floor. Both exhibited the clicky clacky sound that my returned FP90 had. It seems specifically the B's and A's at various octaves. Anyone who has h...
see more
Page 17 of 25 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 24 25
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Rach 3 with our own Jeffrey Biegel
by Piano World. 05/27/17 12:21 AM
Kawai or not Kawai - that is the question
by Pianolance. 05/26/17 11:40 PM
Angela Hewitt Masterclass
by earlofmar. 05/26/17 07:54 PM
Question From a Student For Teachers
by 17curleyj. 05/26/17 04:36 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Report Problems With New Forums
Report Problems with New Forums Here!
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics179,908
Posts2,630,136
Members87,895
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission