Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(ad)
Piano Tuning
How to Tune Pianos
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved!
Who's Online Now
89 registered members (AprilE, Agent88, Almaviva, Andy W, andyhuang, 36251, 22 invisible), 1,887 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
10/21/17 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Elysia.SAt the store i work in we sell alot of digital pianos. We see the lower priced ones going to young students and the higher priced ones often to adults. Some of the main reasons for buying a digital is maintenance, price, easier to move, headphones and...
see more
1,022 Views · 39 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
10/21/17 06:22 PM
On another front, car purists demand that electric cars be retrofitted with sound systems to recreate the noise of a gasoline or diesel motor....
see more
840 Views · 32 Comments
Piano Forum
10/21/17 06:21 PM
I've yet to play a digital that even comes close to a good Steinway or Bosendorfer grand (or many other brands). The responsiveness just isn't there. Also, there's no way small speakers inside a digital can reproduce the sound of a huge soundboard on 6' or larger grand, althoug...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
10/21/17 06:12 PM
Same here. I...
see more
497 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/21/17 06:05 PM
So far there has been no response by the OP. Somewhat puzzling....
see more
497 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/21/17 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Greener PianogrlNW (Ellen) - Milonga del Angel Very nice and like your interpretation. It is a lovely piece I still play. Thought you brought an understated feel to it which I really like as it is a tune that can otherwise easily get over the top dramat...
see more
799 Views · 24 Comments
Pianist Corner
10/21/17 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by BruceD"Play[ing] along in [your] merry little way" suggests that you may not be concentrating on the elements on which you should be concentrating. That could be a compromise to the efficiency of your memory learning. Regards, I suppose this is...
see more
664 Views · 20 Comments
Pianist Corner
10/21/17 05:49 PM
How would you feel if someone asked you to perform if after 3 days? Could you perform it at a very important, high-stakes event? Like Richter gave the premiere of Prokofiev's 7th sonata FROM MEMORY after having practiced it for 4 days? Or how Liszt played Beethoven's 3rd concerto...
see more
664 Views · 20 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/21/17 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by BeemerOriginally Posted by ValenciaBeemer if you want just list the piece you want to play and someone else can add it to the list for you. Thanks I will do this now but hope that someone posts instructions using a more understandable (for me) sequence. Shos...
see more
2,733 Views · 54 Comments
Piano Forum
10/21/17 05:43 PM
At the store i work in we sell alot of digital pianos. We see the lower priced ones going to young students and the higher priced ones often to adults. Some of the main reasons for buying a digital is maintenance, price, easier to move, headphones and volume control. There are s...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
10/21/17 05:38 PM
Haiku thoughts from the keyboard On her piano Glorious sounds from heaven Ten fingers played Bach My piano insists No more Shostokovich I sigh with relief...
see more
396 Views · 18 Comments
Pianist Corner
10/21/17 05:31 PM
"Play[ing] along in [your] merry little way" suggests that you may not be concentrating on the elements on which you should be concentrating. That could be a compromise to the efficiency of your memory learning. Regards, ...
see more
664 Views · 20 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/21/17 05:30 PM
How many four bars exercises would you recommending doing per day? On a separate note, I wasnt aware you were supposed to analyse the score to this degree much before attempting to play it, I thought it was cheating. I thought it was just a case of looking for key signature and...
see more
307 Views · 5 Comments
10/21/17 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by OshoMy teacher recommends that I buy an acoustic grand piano (of course.. :)) or at least keep the digital piano sound at the 'same level' as a acoustic grand piano. My question is: how can I judge if the DP sound level is right? What is a typical dB level...
see more
840 Views · 32 Comments
10/21/17 05:27 PM
Anyone know (James?) if the music stand, etc. can be taken off of the top of the NV10 and look like it was never there?...
see more
1,985 Views · 59 Comments
Pianist Corner
10/21/17 05:27 PM
These are great tips that i can use I will admit that I have not put any effort i to memorizing for a long time. I am a very strong sight reader. I do go back and practise in small chunks and analyse what i am practising but i do it with the mentality of perfecting dynamic and ...
see more
664 Views · 20 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/21/17 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by hyena[...]Yeah, but that's the thing. That voicing is where I want to train in too. I've done it before with Doctor Gradus - Debussy, getting out the melody between all these notes. So I thought k545 might be a fun song, but that Debussy would have more to te...
see more
254 Views · 7 Comments
Piano Forum
10/21/17 05:20 PM
I have a Roland Digital Grand, a Yamaha Clavinova, and a Baldwin R Grand. Like my children, I love them all, but if I could only have one it would be the Roland Digital Grand. I also owned a Technics digital that I gave to a neighbor that was a least 20 years old. All three of th...
see more
Piano Teachers Forum
10/21/17 05:15 PM
My teacher, who rarely got colds, always washed her hands between lessons. She would go to her kitchen, some distance from the studio, and arrive back with all sorts of suggestions, already, from overhearing a student’s warm-up. 😀 The fun one is rehearsing with a singer pra...
see more
343 Views · 12 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/21/17 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by bennevisOriginally Posted by hyena Don't different pieces teach very different things? I could probably even practice color in the Czerny Etudes, but I have a feeling (so no idea if I'm right or not) that with Debussy the spectrum of color is much greater, es...
see more
254 Views · 7 Comments
Piano Forum
10/21/17 05:03 PM
Given your description of a bedroom and size, I doubt you would gain much sound benefit by going to the B. A big piano will sound lovely in a small space if all reasonable factors are addressed, but without greater air volume, the benefit is reduced between those two models, IMO...
see more
921 Views · 42 Comments
10/21/17 05:03 PM
Thanks for your replies! I'm currently using ASIO4all. Just wondering if Realtek ASIO was better. Greetings...
see more
266 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
10/21/17 05:01 PM
Here is an audio recording I made from last year tuning the octaves in the EBVT Temperament. The piano is a Kawai RX-6. I was tuning it for a concert at my local high school. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cbpdKaN-EpM...
see more
1,684 Views · 70 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/21/17 05:01 PM
Late start, re-beginning lessons this fall after summer break; just had first lesson this past Wednesday. They will be biweekly. Compared to her health status last year at this time, my teacher is doing much better mentally, if not so much physically.… That has been a long ...
see more
603,249 Views · 1,017 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
10/21/17 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by ValenciaBeemer if you want just list the piece you want to play and someone else can add it to the list for you. Thanks I will do this now but hope that someone posts instructions using a more understandable (for me) sequence. Shostakovich, Dmitri Waltz No.2...
see more
2,733 Views · 54 Comments
Page 16 of 21 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 20 21
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
METRONOME
by MICHAEL122. 10/22/17 09:59 PM
Pianos and hearing aids
by Dick Hamlen. 10/22/17 09:08 PM
Volume level in videos
by Dennis in Canada. 10/22/17 07:46 PM
What to do?
by johnnyboypiano. 10/22/17 07:40 PM
Mason & Hamlin and Grotrian
by Duke of Dunning. 10/22/17 07:32 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,437
Posts2,666,574
Members89,024
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission