Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
117 registered (Almaviva, ajames, 36251, accordeur, Alexander Borro, anamnesis, 27 invisible), 2396 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baldwin Service Manual by Craig Hair @ Yesterday at 08:38 AM

I found a copy of the Baldwin service manual that covers the acrosonic. It has a nice action diagram and instructions for removing the action. Everything you need to know to get yourself in some real trouble. If you like I will send you a copy. OT
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Stand for Yamaha CLP 20 by clothearednincompo @ Yesterday at 08:32 AM

Any common adjustable heavy duty stand will do. The finer the adjustment the better so you can have it just (about) right. Depends on your stool/bench too of course. There are X stands. The sturdier ones are "double X" as they are made of
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Suggest a Keyboard under $500 by Swain @ Yesterday at 08:32 AM

The Roland RD64 is probably the best smaller keyboard out there...it has 64 fully weighted "ivory feel" keys with really nice action. It is also $300 above your price range but it is the only keyboard out there in the 5 octave range with de
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by brooster @ Yesterday at 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By JayGVanOriginally Posted By Macsaint777After watching this video, it seems pretty clear that the "piano engine'' in the FP-90 is basically identical to the V-Piano engine in the RD-2000. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHv
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Mason BB vs. Schimmel 208 by pianoloverus @ Yesterday at 08:28 AM

Originally Posted By Steve JacksonOriginally Posted By AJBBy and large I think it is a mistake to compare pianos by brand, where both brands are respectable as is here the case with Schimmel and M&H. You can only tell if it is a real upgrade as
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long does it usually take to learn a piece? by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 08:19 AM

It depends on how you practice and not just at the piano.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Favourite piece you learned in the first 6 months? by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 08:16 AM

Debussy's, The Girl with the Flaxen Hair.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Advice on a Petrof IV 1997/1998 grand piano by Steve Jackson @ Yesterday at 08:15 AM

If it has the Detoa action, it may be better to avoid it. Take care, Steve
Jump to new posts Re: Stand for Yamaha CLP 20 by Isabelle1949 @ Yesterday at 08:15 AM

I know you guys know about these things. Help!!!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Russian pianos outside of Russia by Steve Jackson @ Yesterday at 08:12 AM

I live in a country full of older Russian pianos. They came during mass Russian immigration. Don't know what story or history could be made from these, but I am sure there are a lot of good stories and history of many Russian pianists who learned a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please Suggest a Keyboard under $500 by Swain @ Yesterday at 08:10 AM

The NP-12 has piano "style" keys, but they are graded soft touch, which are basically semi weighted and the action feels really cheap.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: "40 Pieces A Year Club" for 2017 by Arty Movie @ Yesterday at 08:04 AM

Hi If you're referring to the Masterwork Classics Level 1-2 book it has 12 Baroque and 17 Romantic-Contemporary tunes so 29 in total - It starts out with simple 8 bar pieces and most tunes range from 8 to 16-20 bars. They are suitable for a beginne
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My First Lesson - Please Help by keystring @ Yesterday at 08:00 AM

What you want from a teacher, especially in these circumstances, is this: - she has given you what is being done wrong, in her estimation; this may be a bit like "everything but the kitchen sink" at the moment. - you need what to do right,
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 1965 Mason BB vs. Schimmel 208 by Steve Jackson @ Yesterday at 07:59 AM

Originally Posted By AJBBy and large I think it is a mistake to compare pianos by brand, where both brands are respectable as is here the case with Schimmel and M&H. You can only tell if it is a real upgrade as a musical instrument by playing it
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with used digital piano under 1000$ by johan d @ Yesterday at 07:52 AM

An acoustic is no option? I started off with a digital yamaha YDP62 myself, but was so bored of the sounds that I (get used to) hear. In the beginning it sounded all ok, but after a while that same key sound always the same and it bored me quiet quic
Adult Beginners Forum
Probably "Time to Say Goodbye": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L_yCwFD6Jo
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by daniokeeper @ Yesterday at 07:42 AM

Raphael, maybe we're using 2 different versions of the Verituner? I am using the version for Netbook. Maybe the Verituner for iPhone is different. Maybe it has more features? Edit: From the Verituner website: Quote: For advanced users who want to
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By xyzzyFLBirdgolf - if you haven't already discovered her, search 'tinymotzarts' on YouTube. She demonstrates many of the Alfred's songs also. She actually demonstrates ALL the pieces in Book 1 and Book 2, and also the Greatest H
Jump to new posts Re: VSTs and DAWs by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By DommieMorodiene and Zilthy, Wow! That was some really good information on MIDI, DAWs, and VSTs. Thank you both for taking the time to go into so much detail. I'm glad that I asked these questions. It shows me that I am probably
Jump to new posts Re: Kontakt by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:24 AM

Originally Posted By chapi chapoBecause I heard that very large libraries' (15Go+ for one instrument) quality is lowered in kontakt... Not at all! This would be the first I've heard of it, and I've used Kontakt for large libraries with no issues. I
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Books or videos on correct piano technique by pinkfloydhomer @ Yesterday at 07:20 AM

Yep. I guess my next question then becomes: Are all teachers created equal? I guess there's a difference between 1) a rather young-ish (but well-educated and skilled, piano-wise) person who is primarily a pianist who does some teaching on the si
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with used digital piano under 1000$ by Morodiene @ Yesterday at 07:20 AM

Why not save up for the Kawai upright - which is a very good instrument - and keep your Casio for practicing at night? The Casio is a fine instrument for that purpose, and really in that price range you'd be hard-pressed to find anything worthwhile,
Jump to new posts Re: Pure 5ths Temperament? by daniokeeper @ Yesterday at 07:16 AM

Raphael, my VT does not have a setting to adjust cents. (VT for Netbook) My manual states that 0.24 refers to beats per second, not cents. When you start talking about altering octaves by cents, you are introducing things that the VT does not have.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Good news and terrible news by WiseBuff @ Yesterday at 06:54 AM

So sorry for your loss. What a wonderful friend you had in Mulder and to find a piano loving cat is a blessing. They are with us such a short time.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: How long does it usually take to learn a piece? by Wuffski @ Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Originally Posted By CutestpuppieLet's say your learning a piece that is around your skill level. How long roughly does it take to learn the piece not necessarily need to be perfect or anything but be able to play it and confident sorta? ... For myse
Page 14 of 22 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway O Flange Screws interfere w Pinblock - any ideas?
by happymagic
31 minutes 48 seconds ago
From This . . to This!
by peterws
43 minutes 52 seconds ago
iRealPro vs. Session Band vs. BIAB
by Legal Beagle
Today at 11:18 AM
Fingering for whole-half and half-whole tone scales
by Tango
Today at 10:58 AM
Transcribe short tune?
by pianomise
Today at 10:34 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,091 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,529 Topics
2,609,392 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission