Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
102 registered members (Alexander Borro, Albunea, Almaviva, amad23, AZNpiano, bayareabiker, 25 invisible), 2,035 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Composer's Lounge
Yesterday at 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Steve ChandlerOriginally Posted by SonatainfSharpOriginally Posted by Steve Chandlerit didn't sound like skeletons copulating on a tin roof. Okay, I thought that describing a bassoon as a "farting bedpost" was hilarious, but this right here about th...
see more
193 Views · 4 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:38 AM
I played piano from ages 8-14, but then quit and haven't really played since. I'm now 22, and a few months ago I decided to start playing again. One thing that I've realized is that in the time I had spent taking lessons for 6 years, my teacher had taught me very little technique...
see more
224 Views · 3 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:06 AM
I'm just curious- anyone here have it or maybe close?...
see more
344 Views · 10 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 10:02 AM
What is the type of keyboard inside? Description saying semi-weighted only....
see more
462 Views · 7 Comments
Yesterday at 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by berniceHi!!! I'm new to this web page and hoping to get some orientation from more experienced folks. I've started taking piano lessons two months ago and I'm looking to buy a keyboard or digital piano. There are some really nice ones out there, but they ar...
see more
421 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by bennevis If you started as a complete beginner with a teacher, and the teacher didn't teach you to count beats, I'd say there's something amiss. But if you started first as a self-learner for a while before getting a teacher, I suspect that teacher might hav...
see more
1,301 Views · 50 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 09:48 AM
Could something like this be let into the case? https://www.bspspares.co.uk/product...aluminium-smoked-chrome-light-brown-x-10 I found them listed as coutersunk washers, or load spreading washers. Another alternative could be to fit a brass plug into the case, then drill and c...
see more
342 Views · 13 Comments
Yesterday at 08:55 AM
What I want is to scan scores and snippets and play smoothly, Anybody had any luck with Android and iOS stuff like this? http://www.playscore.co/ http://musical-snapnplay.com/ http://www.iseenotes.com/ Ability to reliably and accurately read snippets from articles and theory tex...
see more
877 Views · 14 Comments
Yesterday at 08:24 AM
Sometimes I need to have one type of keyb Touch for all the sounds I select, some are Normal touch and some oithers are kind of Heavy or Heavy+.... what I'd like to see from SYSTEM menu something like: SYSTEM Generic Kb Touch: On/Off (if set to ON it means that all the touch p...
see more
147 Views · 2 Comments
Yesterday at 08:11 AM
Savante! excellent playing! Are you from India? I all the time tried to imitate the sound of Sitar or Bansuri but it's just hard doing so....
see more
558 Views · 26 Comments
Yesterday at 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by musicman100hi I am looking at the es110. Has anyone connected the Bluetooth to android. If so what apps did you use? Only Android 6.0 and later supports MIDI, but it's still optional (device manufacturer decides if they want MIDI support). There is no MIDI su...
see more
69,758 Views · 379 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by vinniewalker@ID5894 May I ask you if you study by yourself with the books you refer to in your signature? Or do you have a teacher who helps you with these methods? Self-learner. It suits me and wouldn't have time for lessons at the moment. I enjoy research...
see more
746 Views · 19 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 07:20 AM
I think shipping it on its side is really just a space consideration - it's easier for movers to fit pianos in a van or container when they're on their side, rather than attempting to stack them on top of each other. As long as the piano is packed up properly and can't move withi...
see more
346 Views · 7 Comments
Yesterday at 06:37 AM
The idea of transporting the piano on its side is because one is easier, two if transported horizontally the legs might break or get damaged also the casters, but if the piano is transported without its legs in a wooden box and pallet, horizontally I don't see a problem as far if...
see more
151 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 06:31 AM
This seems like a fairly high price for a monophonic synth module (no keyboard). There is some sophistication (e.g. saveable user patches) and some usability (lots of knobs!) to justify it. Interesting alternative . . . ....
see more
238 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 06:29 AM
@ID5894 Thank you, I will look it up and see how far I am. May I ask you if you study by yourself with the books you refer to in your signature? Or do you have a teacher who helps you with these methods? @jjo Absolutely. This is not an easy decision, because the chance is big t...
see more
746 Views · 19 Comments
Yesterday at 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by GadzarI've already seen a video of yours tuning ET by ear! Dear Rafael That video was not made for this event. I did it last Monday. I like to do another one, it is not really fun to look at me! LOL😂 BTW the last fifth is quite bad. ...
see more
2,401 Views · 118 Comments
Yesterday at 06:24 AM
Originally Posted by staveoffI thought I would chime in as I have been following this thread and this is of great interest to me. I am a classically trained pianist and a hobby tuner who likes to have my piano in tune. I have a 1918 Mason and Hamlin, model A, partially restored....
see more
Yesterday at 06:15 AM
Further thoughts: a) the Casio model is the PX-160. b) you'll spend substantially more, for equivalent quality, on a "console piano" (with cabinet), than on a "slab piano" or "stage piano" (like the four that have been recommended). Even after you...
see more
421 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:10 AM
I think that is the 143rd piano they built in July, 1992....
see more
195 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 06:05 AM
No, not the right ones. The right ones rest in the countersunk hole, not on top of the surface....
see more
342 Views · 13 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 05:40 AM
I am shipping my 9' Bluthner from Germany to Canada. I didn't want to send it ocean freight. I found a few good prices for air freight; however, it will not fit if the piano is crated on its side. It will fit if the piano is crated lying down. I asked a few places in Germany an...
see more
346 Views · 7 Comments
Yesterday at 05:36 AM
I've already seen a video of yours tuning ET by ear! ...
see more
Yesterday at 05:34 AM
I am shipping my 9' Bluthner from Germany to Canada. I didn't want to send it ocean freight. I found a few good prices for air freight; however, it will not fit if the piano is crated on its side. It will fit if the piano is crated lying down. I asked a few places in Germany an...
see more
151 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 05:33 AM
Originally Posted by Groove OnFor your budget: Kawai ES110 Roland FP30 Yamaha P115 Casio 160 These are very adequate for a beginner. You should try these models out and pick your favorite....
see more
421 Views · 10 Comments
Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Steinway D Concert Grand
by Cinjero. 06/23/17 12:48 PM
Yet another "repertoire suggestion" thread
by Morodiene. 06/23/17 11:34 AM
Piano Moving Question for a friend...
by lbonini1. 06/23/17 10:15 AM
Why do YouTube commenters hate Lang Lang so much?
by sara elizabeth. 06/23/17 07:33 AM
KAWAI MP7: my piano presets
by Nor. 06/23/17 04:09 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,407
Posts2,638,442
Members88,168
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission