Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
NAMM 2018
-------------------
Forums With A View!
--------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
54 registered members (Beemer, Ardeus, clothearednincompo, Compay, ando, 13 invisible), 692 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Teachers Forum
02/22/18 10:38 PM
I am not one of the fortunate teachers who "never get sick" or are immune to germs. For most of my life, I've had a less than stellar immune system, despite eating well, exercising, etc. I have to take extra care so I don't spend half of my days home sick. It's just ...
see more
635 Views · 25 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
02/22/18 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by malkinI spend time with about 100 preschoolers every day. Unlike some of our more righteous or saintly forum members, I get sick about a normal amount. Keeping my hands away from my face is a good idea as is washing as often as is feasible. Teaching the k...
see more
635 Views · 25 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
02/22/18 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by bennevisMy advice is to keep your own hands off your face and stop worrying about his. I see - and touch and handle - kids (& adults) and their muck all the time in my job, but rarely ever catch any infection from them. (In fact, I catch coughs & co...
see more
635 Views · 25 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
02/22/18 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by USSOWTbonus/hidden HI-XL motor sample? Yeah, I think it's a very cool sound. I want that on my Kronos....
see more
1,074 Views · 23 Comments
02/22/18 10:23 PM
bonus/hidden HI-XL motor sample?...
see more
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
02/22/18 10:22 PM
Do you need full sets of bass strings, or individual strings?...
see more
223 Views · 7 Comments
Piano Forum
02/22/18 10:18 PM
Thanks to everyone for their input. One is sold and the other does appear to have teflon, so I'll continue my search. I'm actually more interested in Baldwin, Kawai or Yamaha in the 6'-3" and under category, I just happened across the Steinway's in my searching. These we...
see more
624 Views · 13 Comments
02/22/18 10:12 PM
FLAC is designed to support a prediction function using more or less samples. Up to a 32th order FIR. The more accurate the function is, the more 0/+1/-1 we have to encode and the more space we save. (As with morse code where the frequent “e” is coded by a plain dot “.”)....
see more
1,068 Views · 29 Comments
02/22/18 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by GombessaIs CFX shipped in FLAC? I'm far from an expert on this, but I assumed FLAC achieves "reasonable" storage savings in exchange for fast-decode for real-time playback. CFX's compression is for shipping an installer, meaning it would benefit fr...
see more
Piano Teachers Forum
02/22/18 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by TimRSend a video? That's just foreign to me. I share lots of videos with my peers, but sending one to a teacher feels like trying to get away with a free lesson. I have never sent a video to my teacher, but have sent her 1-2 minute audio of my playing o...
see more
1,609 Views · 53 Comments
02/22/18 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by lolatuIIt still initially exhibits the glitches when using after the memory has been compressed as previously described. Wow lolatu, That's pretty much exactly what I've been seeing. Wish I had seen your thread on this earlier. So far, with VM_COMPRESSOR...
see more
666 Views · 15 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/22/18 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by QazsedcftOriginally Posted by OshoOriginally Posted by Charles CohenOriginally Posted by pianoloverus. . . I think talent plays a big part at all levels. In fact, the example I mentioned(or almost any other terrific pianist) would apply. All these great pian...
see more
1,246 Views · 49 Comments
02/22/18 09:46 PM
A couple of things: Did you try it through headphones? Did you try a re-initialize? Did the technician show it to you working? When we can't reproduce a problem, we call the client in and everyone listens together. Did he use your power supply? I don't think you have a pow...
see more
02/22/18 09:44 PM
Is CFX shipped in FLAC? I'm far from an expert on this, but I assumed FLAC achieves "reasonable" storage savings in exchange for fast-decode for real-time playback. CFX's compression is for shipping an installer, meaning it would benefit from a compression scheme that ...
see more
02/22/18 09:40 PM
I use my C lever for the high treble in grands, and for all uprights except a Diskclavier that does not have enough clearance. At first I used the lever throughout the grands, but I found a benefit in varying the muscle sets that I use during a grand tuning. The C lever gets mo...
see more
533 Views · 34 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/22/18 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Colin MilesOriginally Posted by Osho Respectfully, I disagree with that. It only appears that some people have "talent" that enables them to learn some things much faster than most people. This is so because these people have learned how to "l...
see more
Pianist Corner
02/22/18 09:36 PM
I don't think many people - even his fans - associate Brendel with passion & emotion. I was quite surprised when he brought out a CD of Mussorgsky's Pictures in his mature years, and I bought it out of curiosity. Within the first few minutes, I regretted it - there is nothin...
see more
1,199 Views · 30 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
02/22/18 09:15 PM
Dogperson, my own teachers never made themselves inaccessible, therefore, I'm the same way. I guess a lot of teacher habits come from how they were themselves "raised" educationally. It makes me happy that my students are curious and have burning questions they want a...
see more
1,609 Views · 53 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/22/18 09:14 PM
I don't think there's any question that natural talent exists. But there are some pursuits and activities where talent is almost sufficient by itself to get you to the top, and others where it gets you nowhere without the intense training to go with it, because motor skills are i...
see more
Piano Forum
02/22/18 09:11 PM
QuoteYes, that might be achievable. I've never played the 168 model. No idea what it's like. Rest assured, it's a darling of a piano. Many of our customers some of whom have been concert class type pianists, have chosen this model, sometimes over many others of larger size. I ...
see more
348 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
02/22/18 09:09 PM
Woohoo! I finally got something recorded! Yay me! I'm sorry about the false start on the Ecossaise that should have been edited out. I don't have access to the calendar showing which days of the year Audacity actually works. I tried to clip off the false start, but, apparently t...
see more
11,987 Views · 421 Comments
02/22/18 09:07 PM
I have recently started using a Levitan C hammer for Grands. I have not done enough tunings to determine whether I like it as it does require some adaptation to what I had been doing with my Schaff lever. I do appreciate a couple of things right off the bat: 1. I don't have to f...
see more
533 Views · 34 Comments
02/22/18 09:06 PM
We’ve recently discussed how a well-crafted FLAC compression (lossless) can achieve up to 1:10 compression ratio. For instance the CFX Lite installer is 2GB and it uncompresses to more than 20GB samples. Wondering if Nord and Dexibell samples are compressed. If so, a 360MB woul...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
02/22/18 09:02 PM
I have two books: https://www.amazon.com/Improvising-Blues-Piano-Tim-Richards/dp/0946535973 and http://shop.abrsm.org/shop/prod/Beale-Charles-Jazz-Piano-from-Scratch/609587 The first book and other books by Tim Richards are often recommended here and I rate them highly for th...
see more
316 Views · 5 Comments
Pianist Corner
02/22/18 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by johnlewisgrantAn easier, related question might be: "Which of the 24 do you like the best?" And... "Which interpretations or "sets" do you like the best?" Listening to some over the last week, I like Kissin's account of the (...
see more
915 Views · 14 Comments
Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pianist Magazine
Pianist Magazine - Issue 100
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano Styles
by Love Musictc. 02/24/18 05:17 AM
How can digitals help in piano action evolution
by CyberGene. 02/24/18 02:38 AM
Finding a teacher
by Deus ex Pianoforte. 02/24/18 01:45 AM
Roland FP-30 deal
by mivaldes. 02/24/18 01:03 AM
Midi problems after Mac Upgrade to Sierra
by OldFingers. 02/23/18 11:39 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics184,413
Posts2,698,593
Members89,671
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission