Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Acoustic & Digital Piano Buyers Guide
Who's Online
121 registered (Alexander Borro, augustm, Anita Potter, anamnesis, alphonsus, 25 invisible), 1604 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: How is Having Online Piano Classes? by Miguel Rey @ Yesterday at 11:19 AM

Research the following Skype teachers Shirley Kirsten Alexander Peskanov josh wright Online video methods Graham Fitch Julliard Open Studios Piano Artistry (this one seems very interesting) Russian Piano Career Academy
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano bar made me do a piano recording tutorial! by slpianoproject @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

Originally Posted By WuffskiThanks a lot for this, very helpful! Just for curiosity, not having an acoustic piano yet to check out myself, how would it sound to place mics behind the soundboard? I am wondering about a fixed installation out of reach
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Custom touch curve on Kawai CA67/97 CS8/11 by CyberGene @ Yesterday at 11:17 AM

Thanks, that is great! Few questions though. Regarding the touch curve array, what's the actual semantics? There seems to be 80 values. I suppose the actual key velocity sensor produces some value range that's roughly being divided into 80 velocity
Jump to new posts Re: New Yamaha AvantGrand N3 X by jfl @ Yesterday at 11:15 AM

I played a Yamaha C7 last week and spent some time methodically experimenting with playing and holding chords at various ranges along the entire keyboard and subsequently pressing the damper pedal partially and fully. I didn't hear any overall volume
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Documenting my journey by Vaibhav @ Yesterday at 11:14 AM

New Post https://medium.com/howilearntpiano/my-nemesis-972d45932620
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Steinfeld & co Berlin by Man @ Yesterday at 11:14 AM

The 85 keys and the single prop stick make me think that it might indeed be fairly old, maybe more than 100 years old. But I am far from being an expert. The tool that looks like a tuning tool inside the piano caught my attention. Is somebody repa
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Jump to new posts Re: Exercises to practice swing/groove? by jjo @ Yesterday at 11:12 AM

The metronome really deals with a different issue: not rushing or slowing down. Swing is based on the triplet feel and is a separate concept. I've taken jazz lessons for many years and I don't think there are exercises that do much good. I think y
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parents who don't read emails, etc. by dogperson @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Originally Posted By chasingrainbowsTimes have certainly changed. I've seen young women come to church in shorts that are so tight and short, with spaghetti strap tank tops, and wonder what the parents are thinking. Regardless of what is allowed at
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts New Member. by scotty21 @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

Hi,I have just joined the forum today,I was born and bred in Scotland and currently living just outside Edinburgh near the Scottish Borders. I am new to the piano never having played one up until a month ago and with no musical background, also in m
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Parents who don't read emails, etc. by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 10:59 AM

Times have certainly changed. I've seen young women come to church in shorts that are so tight and short, with spaghetti strap tank tops, and wonder what the parents are thinking. Regardless of what is allowed at work, at church, in social settings
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha CLP-600 series release date? by TrollToddington @ Yesterday at 10:56 AM

I am travelling to the Frankfurter Musikmesse next Friday. I am interested mostly in new CLPs. Will report firsthand about the stuff displayed.
Jump to new posts Re: Custom touch curve on Kawai CA67/97 CS8/11 by marp @ Yesterday at 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By CyberGeneWhat's the actual format of the binary data? So far this is what I have: Code: Offset Length Data 0000h 4 File header ID, "hKM6" 0006h 10 Product version, "CA67V1.09 " 0010h 16 Registration n
Adult Beginners Forum
After reviewing the available YouTube videos for this course, the only real question I had left was whether there individual lessons for each piece of tbe Nikoleav book. I was provided a link to a FAQ for the course which outlines all of the availabl
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Sight-reading by DanS @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

Hymnals come in a variety of different levels. Hymnals like the UMC hymnal and the Celebration hymnal are on the easier side. Stuff from OCP tends to be more difficult. If you want to get better at reading, learn a lot of easy pieces. Don't just
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spring 2017 Piano Buyer Now Online by ThaiBlue @ Yesterday at 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By RetsacnalOriginally Posted By ThaiBlueHe wouldn't be doing A+ work if the quality of his work was noticeably Inferior. There has to be something to differentiate in quality and Piano Buyer clearly feel the Hamburg and a few othe
Jump to new posts Re: Custom touch curve on Kawai CA67/97 CS8/11 by marp @ Yesterday at 10:39 AM

Originally Posted By alwatsonNo sorry, the actual reverse engineering will go way over my head, I will "settle" (ie be incredibly thankful) for a utility which can make the updates. Ok Let me know if you have any issues with the tool.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Airturn PED experience by ee375 @ Yesterday at 10:33 AM

How about something similar to this? Shake your head to the right - page forward. Shake your head to the left - page backward. (I apologize if this was posted before but I could not find it.)
Adult Beginners Forum
Here is another very good video that demonstrates the type of music instruction that one receives in this course:
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Yamaha P116-S ? by ADS63 @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

<nothing...
Adult Beginners Forum
Originally Posted By bSharp[Cyclist]Originally Posted By RichrfOriginally Posted By fishandchipsOriginally Posted By RichrfWhat a strange question. That's an extremely non-strange question. It's one of the un-strangest questions I can imagine. If s
Jump to new posts Re: DP Speaker System Sound Comparison Videos by Gombessa @ Yesterday at 10:29 AM

Originally Posted By kmf123kmf What I was more impressed with is that these videos exist at all. ... Sure, the production quality is fairly poor, but at least they're consistent. I totally agree. They're not exactly Hollywood quality, but they use
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Saddest Piece Ever? by Tim Adrianson @ Yesterday at 10:13 AM

Hi, TimV! I agree with you regarding the emotional content of the 3rd Movement of the Piano Sonata -- my understanding is that Barber originally had intended this to be the concluding movement, but Horowitz, for whom it was written, bluntly refused
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can't focus on piano music sheet by dmd @ Yesterday at 10:10 AM

The site I recommend for someone serious about learning "the right way" is .... http://fundamentalkeys.com/ There are books and videos available on this site which give you a classical pianists view on the topic. She also will give you l
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Career Academy -diary for Russian Method online course by bSharp[C]yclist @ Yesterday at 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By RichrfOriginally Posted By fishandchipsOriginally Posted By RichrfWhat a strange question. That's an extremely non-strange question. It's one of the un-strangest questions I can imagine. If somebody is singing the praises of a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Baby Grand, Opinions Welcome by upbeat @ Yesterday at 10:04 AM

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'd say the whole piano market in its entirety is quite defficient over here. Most used pianos are about 80 to 120 years old. I'm not saying one couldn't find a gem, but it's hardly common. So far, the nicest things I'v
Page 12 of 26 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26 >
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.
Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
New Topics - Multiple Forums
How to repair Red October Piano?
by dan11
59 seconds ago
Performance Clothing
by prenex
15 minutes 18 seconds ago
Chopin Prelude in C minor TIPS
by Jason Santoso
44 minutes 22 seconds ago
VPC1 - First Impressions
by Mr Zaxels
Today at 06:07 AM
Allegretto Grazioso - K309
by cathryn999
Today at 05:26 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,192 Registered Members
44 Forums
178,682 Topics
2,611,162 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission