Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
122 registered members (ajames, alfredo capurso, aliao, accordeur, agraffe, Adypiano, 30 invisible), 2,091 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 04:49 PM
I'm glad they made all those spinets. I tune many of them. Folks buy them on Craigslist for $500 or less, and call me to raise the pitch. Money in the bank, and I can make them sound pretty good after a couple of visits....
see more
503 Views · 12 Comments
Yesterday at 04:46 PM
Get an appropriately sized piece of hardwood, make one cut at an angle (probably 5 degrees or so) . One side becomes the wedge. The other becomes the stop. Drill holes in the stop, and secure it to the piano in the proper location so the wedge is tight when banged in place....
see more
408 Views · 23 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 04:43 PM
A lot of good stuff here. Maybe one of the issues is "how do we learn", and, equally important, "how do we learn efficiently". There was a comment on another thread - was it Keselo's "Nothing is too Easy"? that spoke about the way children learn ...
see more
2,221 Views · 69 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 04:43 PM
Composing is very simple. You come up with something, notate it if possible and there you have it: a composition. You don't even have to notate it as long as you can repeat it yourself. You don't even have to know how to read or write music in order to compose: a lot of well know...
see more
440 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 04:41 PM
Hi everyone, I just started my piano lessons. I told my teacher that I wanted to get the fundamentals right. So he says I can start learning to play scales. He taught me how to play C major scale. But there is one part I am not sure about. He said that for the right hand (ascend...
see more
597 Views · 30 Comments
Yesterday at 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by BDBAnother possibility is that the outer layer of lacquer has been sanded off. Thanks. And I will find out if the hammers are in any way the cause hopefully later today, when more time taking volume and sustain time measurements with both hammer strikes and p...
see more
519 Views · 30 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 04:22 PM
How is it compare to steinway's Renner action or New York's accelerated action? Thanks James...
see more
230 Views · 1 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 04:21 PM
BTW, I have only had this piano maybe 3 months, so it's not from sustained use....
see more
364 Views · 12 Comments
Yesterday at 04:20 PM
Does anybody have a good number for tech support for Kawai? I would try that and let everyone know how that goes....
see more
364 Views · 12 Comments
Yesterday at 04:20 PM
Another possibility is that the outer layer of lacquer has been sanded off....
see more
519 Views · 30 Comments
Yesterday at 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by peterwsOriginally Posted by Rosewood17 FWIW Here are some photos of pianos that do not appear to have uniform gaps between the keys: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Piano_Keyboard.jpg https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photos-piano-keyboa...
see more
359 Views · 12 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by David-GI did take pictures. When I get back from holiday I will post them. I am looking forward to seeing them....
see more
1,210 Views · 33 Comments
Yesterday at 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by BDBIf it was a C & A piano, the hammers might have been replaced upon retirement, in which case they might need hardening in certain areas. Another good thought, and one which I already considered. However the owner of the dealership claims that nothing ...
see more
519 Views · 30 Comments
Yesterday at 04:09 PM
Interesting, Gene. How do you know if a soundboard is lacking in stiffness or if there is an impedance issue? Or is that simply determined empirically via trial and error attempts at remedying the problem?...
see more
519 Views · 30 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ed FooteGreetings, I have been putting new actions in pianos at a university for 40 years, and it seems like it only takes one semester in the practice rooms for an action to go through 99% of the mechanical breaking-in that it will ever do. In the teachin...
see more
430 Views · 7 Comments
Yesterday at 04:06 PM
If it was a C & A piano, the hammers might have been replaced upon retirement, in which case they might need hardening in certain areas....
see more
519 Views · 30 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 04:03 PM
I did take pictures. When I get back from holiday I will post them....
see more
1,210 Views · 33 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by VaibhavAre there any online resources available to learn these? Thevery first step is to look here: P.S. There are some geographical differences about the period: in Western theory, the period usually consists of two phrases; In Russian theory - from tw...
see more
440 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by malkinOriginally Posted by outo 1. There┬Ęs a difference between hard and impossible to master.Some skills or rather abilities just cannot be learned "well enough" by everyone, What is well enough is of course a matter of definition. 2. Sometimes ...
see more
Yesterday at 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Nordomus I just want to say that you are wrong here about Roland. It is actually hybrid keyboard containing both plastic and wood elements. Also there is escapement "simulation" like on most higher tier digital pianos. There's a bit of controversy...
see more
1,600 Views · 16 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Yesterday at 03:40 PM
Perhaps this is a gross oversimplification but I though the Blues Scale was a simple pattern. Tonic - 3 half steps - 2 half steps - 1 half step - 1 half step - 3 half steps - 2 half steps....
see more
487 Views · 12 Comments
Yesterday at 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by SMA55Originally Posted by Gene NelsonKiller octave is a common term that describes it. However, don't give up on it so easy and don't discount the potential of a properly voiced hammer and regulated action. I have serviced pianos with similar issue and it was...
see more
519 Views · 30 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 03:38 PM
Good job on the whole project, lbonini1! I was hoping that you might be able to sweat that project down to a more affordable price, considering that it was a small fraction of what moving a grand from one building to another, across town, involves. I was the know-nothing I was ...
see more
559 Views · 21 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by MorodieneOuto: I appreciate that you are trying to bring awareness of these issues, but we aren't talking about mastery of anything here. All I've said is improvement, and same with malkin, whereas you seem to want to focus on mastering things. Maybe that's y...
see more
Yesterday at 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Alan Shore 1. Touch/feel: Roland LX-17: feels and plays like a digital piano, nowhere near clp-685 and/or cs11 (no counterweight could be felt, no escapement action, mediocre key quality (full plastic), did not respond well at all to fast, repetitive notes li...
see more
1,600 Views · 16 Comments
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Discounted CLP-585 or new CLP-685
by rnanoha. 06/26/17 10:50 AM
Help me find my "Dream" Piano!
by KiraM423. 06/26/17 10:40 AM
Ellington 350-E
by jmbenishek. 06/26/17 10:19 AM
Roland fp30 o kawai es110
by Dany86. 06/26/17 10:11 AM
Brian Crain - Song for Sienna at 3:10 / measure 73
by TonyDIGITAL. 06/26/17 09:02 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,464
Posts2,639,164
Members88,197
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission