Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
79 registered members (Beakybird, bennevis, 21 invisible), 1,867 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
55 seconds ago
Originally Posted by Rich Galassini Bottom line - every piano will change somewhat with play, no matter what brand or model it is. The trick is to find a professional technician who can help you navigate through those changes and help you make some sound judgement (pun intended)...
see more
138 Views · 2 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
3 minutes ago
It could be that the pins are loose and really cannot be tuned. There are simple remedies to tighten them, if you know what you're doing. So, if the pins are loose you are "spinning your wheels" trying to tune them. Answering Peter's questions would be helpful....
see more
63 Views · 2 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
9 minutes ago
Was a wonderful show tonight!...
see more
370 Views · 3 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
16 minutes ago
It's hard to tell if they are all moving lateral the same amount. The keys with larger gaps between them appear to move more laterally but that may be more of an illusion since they have the bigger gap next to them....
see more
65 Views · 3 Comments
17 minutes ago
I have been following this thread with interest as I happen to own a spinet... My question is is there any good way to tell when you are getting the "oh another spinet piano player" treatment? am I allowed to know? I do actually play demanding works on my piano, and if ...
see more
261 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
25 minutes ago
Originally Posted by David FarleyIf you look close you might see that it was C4 that broke, and my technician decided to swap the original C88 for the broken C4 and put the replacement hammer on C88. This was done quite a while ago and it seems to work fine. That sounds like a go...
see more
87 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Forum
26 minutes ago
Hi everyone, I would like to know the worth of a Gaveau upright in good condition from 1928-29. Are the 1920s a good era for Gaveau pianos? Thanks!...
see more
10 Views · 0 Comments
35 minutes ago
A good equal temperament enables to use of progressive 10th and 17ths as a tool for smooth expansion. With poor progression on the temperament, or with deliberate unequal tuning, we can't take full advantage of that tool....
see more
876 Views · 36 Comments
Piano Forum
48 minutes ago
Hello, I am thinking about buying a Grotrian Steinweg Model 100 from the 1960s for 500 euro. Do you people think this is a good price for this instrument? Thanks!...
see more
24 Views · 0 Comments
53 minutes ago
My comment on temperament being low on the priority list was not intended as an excuse for doing a sloppy job, not by any means. But simply it was in the context of what constitutes the "perfect" temperament and should it be achieved electronically or aurally...is one b...
see more
876 Views · 36 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
1 hour ago
I am not sure if this will help put your mind at ease (I do not own a Roland), but you may want to try a quick check to verify that the lateral movement (or play) for each white key is similar, for both the "incorrect" ones as well as the "correct" ones. You c...
see more
65 Views · 3 Comments
1 hour ago
Zappy, Are you familiar with what we call "setting the pin"? What kind of piano is this? About how old is it? Do you also have a rubber mute? When these notes go out of tune, are they going flat, sharp, or random? Is it always the same string(s) that offend? Or random...
see more
63 Views · 2 Comments
1 hour ago
Agree on all counts with Ed. Additionally, I have found that aux lid prop sticks, front stretchers (especially the ones screwed to the plate or with tiny moulding nailed to it with little brads), locks and hinge pins (long and short) often masquerade as soundboard buzzes. One p...
see more
90 Views · 2 Comments
1 hour ago
These days I will often tune a spinet using EBVT. It makes it sound better, particularly in the keys where most people who own them are likely to play. Pwg...
see more
261 Views · 5 Comments
Pianist Corner
1 hour ago
Coaster, I am shocked! I thought your playing was gorgeous, pretty much from the first notes (and I commented as such in the livestream). I missed the end of the Rhapsody due to losing the stream, but I heard most of it and found it both exquisite and amazing. I was also pulli...
see more
10,357 Views · 174 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Still catching up to responses. cmb13, thank you for responding. Originally Posted by cmb13 If I see an E on the bottom line of the treble clef, I think "e" and head to the e up from the middle c, but I do still think it. I can pretty much rapidly get to any key on eith...
see more
1,746 Views · 61 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by RicksterLooks good, David! It looks like you have a new hammer shank and flange on C-88. I've always read that it is best to leave some string groves in the center of the strike-point so as not to get the hammer face misaligned with the strings. Of course, y...
see more
87 Views · 3 Comments
Pianist Corner
2 hours ago
Coaster, unfortunately I did not hear either of your performances, and I heard only SiFi's second (today). Work is interfering with my enjoyment of the piano in all ways! I thought SiFi played the Chopin beautifully today, and by all accounts you also played at least to your us...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
So cool!...
see more
479 Views · 12 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by sara elizabeth...I was telling my husband this morning that if I practiced piano as much as I think about piano, I'd be a master. I am constantly thinking about music, looking at music, watching performances, coming here... If I practiced piano as much as I ...
see more
777 Views · 27 Comments
Pianist Corner
2 hours ago
Well, neither SiFi or I advanced. I'm surprised about him but not surprised about myself. I did not play well. Alio advanced and Dr S won third in the silver stream....
see more
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
Looks good, David! It looks like you have a new hammer shank and flange on C-88. I've always read that it is best to leave some string groves in the center of the strike-point so as not to get the hammer face misaligned with the strings. Of course, you can always re-align and ma...
see more
87 Views · 3 Comments
Pianist Corner
2 hours ago
The streaming did not work well for me today, which was frustrating, but what I did hear sounded great! Sam...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Sam SOriginally Posted by sara elizabethI want to go in august but hubby is not as keen as I am. Leave him at home! There is stuff to do - I met a spouse one year who went over to Campobello every day to play golf. And a guy that went hiking/biking while h...
see more
479 Views · 12 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Live performance: * Brejeiro * Kinklets * Sunburst Rag * Cum-bac Rag * Pastime Rag #2...
see more
295,465 Views · 869 Comments
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Gaveau Upright 1928-29
by Petrol. 06/24/17 10:34 PM
Grotrian Steinweg Model 100 1960s
by Petrol. 06/24/17 10:11 PM
hammer time
by David Farley. 06/24/17 08:01 PM
Roland DP-603 Gaps between keys - help!
by yenoham. 06/24/17 07:53 PM
Suggestions for Sequencing Pieces in a Recital
by Eldridge. 06/24/17 07:52 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,438
Posts2,638,765
Members88,176
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission