Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
94 registered members (blackjack1777, anotherscott, Alex Hutor, 35 invisible), 1,852 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
13 minutes ago
The QRS & PianoDisc systems are the primary options. There is also the Genio system. Given the cost and limitations of these systems, I would not recommend it as a good choice to pair with your spinet. I would instead get one of the many affordable, weighted digital pianos...
see more
89 Views · 1 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
16 minutes ago
I wouldn't want that in any room. But with some creative woodworking ......
see more
208 Views · 10 Comments
29 minutes ago
Originally Posted by dpilot83Found this MP11 setup advertised for $2,749. Includes everything in the picture (keyboard, stand, monitors, monitor stands). Is that a decent deal? Do you really want that in your living room ? Or better yet .... does your wife want that in the l...
see more
208 Views · 10 Comments
Pianist Corner
31 minutes ago
Generic TV commercial music?...
see more
35 Views · 3 Comments
Pianist Corner
35 minutes ago
This isn't anything....
see more
35 Views · 3 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
42 minutes ago
Originally Posted by emeneltonAnyways I appreciate your allowing me to express myself on your post. Not at all, I look forward to more. ...
see more
593 Views · 29 Comments
Pianist Corner
46 minutes ago
I ran it through MooMash and it identified it as "Uploaded by Mike M------" so that's not going to help you (blanked out your name)...
see more
35 Views · 3 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Moonsh1neThis is really awesome. Thanks Sam. Monika, do you think you could include this player in the recital post alongside the flash one? That's the plan - although it's not trivial. I delayed doing it until after this recital went live so I didn't inter...
see more
413 Views · 18 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by zrtf90Originally Posted by emeneltonIf you analyzed that measure as an A major on a theory exam, I suspect it's highly probable you will get it marked as incorrect.Yes, you're right but in a theory exam I wouldn't stop on the first note, I'd look at phrases i...
see more
593 Views · 29 Comments
Pianist Corner
1 hour ago
Can anyone identify the name or composer of this piece? I would like to learn how to play it. If not, do you have any tips for transcribing by ear? I am able to work out the melody, but not the harmony parts. Thank you ...
see more
35 Views · 3 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
1 hour ago
Thanks Stubbie! I have been trying to think of what made the difference. I think there were several factors. Firstly, I was on “my “ turf so to speak. I organized it, in a place I frequent, I have played that e piano several times. So that helped. I also knew that 2 of...
see more
33,732,324 Views · 9,380 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by emeneltonIf you analyzed that measure as an A major on a theory exam, I suspect it's highly probable you will get it marked as incorrect.Yes, you're right but in a theory exam I wouldn't stop on the first note, I'd look at phrases in their entirety. When I po...
see more
593 Views · 29 Comments
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by stamkorg . . . Does anybody notice that the output level coming from Pianoteq is significantly higher than the output from UVI or from Kontakt? Pianoteq has its own "volume" slider. It comes with a little VU meter, with a "clipping" war...
see more
968 Views · 32 Comments
1 hour ago
Add the Roland FP-90 to the list. It fits into your budget, with some room to spare. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FP90BK It's a "slab piano", which allows you to carry it out of the house, if you want to. You'll need a stand. Either a Roland "furnit...
see more
208 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
1 hour ago
All things being equal is always the key phrase. Keith Jarrett recorded his The Köln Concert album on what was probably a small Beckstein, not all that perfectly tuned. It remains, I think, the best selling solo piano album of forever. It definitely wasn’t recorded on a Steinw...
see more
513 Views · 12 Comments
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by TheodorNSampletekk Black didn't impress me. Probably quite inferior to Galaxy Vintage D. Yes, I just listened samples and I agree with you......
see more
1,034 Views · 22 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
1 hour ago
I met a first for me today, a player piano called a Pianola. Purchased in 1967, presumably new (but I'm not altogether sure about that). I listened to it play - it's a hoot! It works great. The owner is a neighbor and friend who I'm trying to help. I tuned a few unisons whil...
see more
21 Views · 0 Comments
1 hour ago
Everybody should have _at least_ two keyboards! <g> Enjoy the ES8 -- it's a nice DP....
see more
1,109 Views · 34 Comments
1 hour ago
Hi Michael, thanks! I'm quite a SciFi fan so I'll check out the movie some day :-) I've tested it with a trial version of Pianoteq 6 and it works quite well. Virtually no lag. Even on an Atom mini PC I use to watch Netflix in the living room. Had to downsample to 22kHz alas, as...
see more
73,745 Views · 113 Comments
1 hour ago
It's only few lbs heavier than the MP7 or the Roland RD-2000. I imagine that for many it would be a very usable gigging keyboard, though none of them would be particularly fun to lug around. Also, having the onboard speakers available to act as monitors could also be an asset. ...
see more
1,109 Views · 34 Comments
2 hours ago
Sampletekk Black didn't impress me. Probably quite inferior to Galaxy Vintage D....
see more
1,034 Views · 22 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Ed McMorrow, RPTIf you are referring to the Steinway green gunk in the action centers that some call verdigris, this stuff is caused by the PH reaction of the paraffin oil and naptha solution hat the wood flanges were treated with in the factory. Re-pinning w...
see more
414 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by kevinbOriginally Posted by Morodiene...when there's pain after playing (or during), that's a sign that there's a technical issue, either one concerning misuse, overuse, or a combination of the two. In sport, overuse is called "training" To use mu...
see more
280 Views · 11 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
Joe80's explanation is wrong. Square legs have been used by all manufacturers in all periods, to the best of my knowledge. The style of the legs is the same on both of those pianos, as are other design factors, like the cheeks and music desks....
see more
359 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
Clssclib Yes it is available to nonsubscribers, and a wonderful article about overcoming our own self-imposed learning limitations. Truly fascinating, thanks a lot for posting...
see more
1,461 Views · 49 Comments
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Do you know this tune?
by mike1234567. 11/17/17 05:46 PM
Tune a Pianola
by Steve Freides. 11/17/17 05:10 PM
After the bass string breaks
by Keith Roberts. 11/17/17 12:43 PM
New Upright Piano from Hurstwood Farm Pianos
by Mark Polishook. 11/17/17 11:17 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,810
Posts2,672,586
Members89,154
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission