Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
Who's Online
132 registered (AmDG, ajames, alwatson, 12rabidbadgers, Albunea, alexcawley, 23 invisible), 1913 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: USB 3.0 audio interfaces - less latency? by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 11:32 PM

This is a very old graphic, with figures that may have been typical in its day, but not anymore. If the numbers in the upper figure were true we could not play! End-to-end latency of 22 msec is intolerable.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 90 year old Steinway M or new Hailun HG-161? by Del @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By pianoloverusThe price points really are not close at all unless you want to play a very old Steinway that may be close to unplayable right now(you don't say how it plays/sounds in its present condition). 15K additional would be
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai KDP90 vs Casio AP460 by oscar1 @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

I think for Casio the Yamaha is the main competitor they try to one-off on every step in digital keys not kawai. Both in the cheap walmart stuff as well as with the d. pianos. If yamaha puts 50 songs, you can be sure alternative casio model will have
Jump to new posts Re: USB 3.0 audio interfaces - less latency? by newer player @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

I thought this was a good intro to latency in audio systems: https://www.presonus.com/community/Learn/The-Truth-About-Digital-Audio-Latency Note the second picture indicates 5ms of latency in an ideal marketing situation, of course with th
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Losing motivation by Andy Grall @ Yesterday at 11:12 PM

To speak specifically to losing the notes in the passages, are you analyzing the pieces? For instance if you're playing a piece in the key of C and in one measure you have to play 8th notes D F A B C, are you figuring out that the notes are based on
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lakeside piano by Del @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By Austin BI've moved a baby grand before but for this case I care not for the condition afterwards so I'm just going to use my forklift. Please, for the sake of humanity, run the forklift tines through the soundboard and, if possi
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So, what does it really take? by AprilE @ Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Yes, indeed.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts So, what does it really take? by PianogrlNW @ Yesterday at 10:57 PM

I would like to comment on an escalating tension that I’m seeing pop up in several threads. An OP who participates in several threads advocates that beginning pianists can become accomplished through relaxation and envisioning the flow of the music
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning is getting harder by AprilE @ Yesterday at 10:52 PM

J van E, another thing to consider before deciding you are finished with a piece is the musicality with which you are playing it. Mastering a piece is about more than hitting the right notes, yes? Dynamics, phrasing, etc. But perhaps I misunderstood
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a Yamaha Grand G7 vs C2 by Rickster @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By AmDGGood news everyone! I'm getting the Yamaha G7. The seller lowered the price to 6.5K. There's one issue though: The top octave has a clanky wooden sound though my tech says he can fix it. Is that normal for an old piano?
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Wuffski Could anybody recommend me what pieces of him I should listen to in order to learn best about him? This is a serious question, hoping to receive some link to a really representative youtube (or alike) recording of his wor
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Practicing intensive by Medved1 @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

This discussion is really helpful to remind/encourage/motivate me to practice in smaller segments. One of those things that you know is a Good Thing, but so much easier to do it when others are doing it/talking about it/reminding us, and finding mot
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Teacher in New Orleans and surrounding by UnlocktheDream @ Yesterday at 10:42 PM

Welcome in advance to New Orleans! I agree, Loyola's reputation is excellent. If you choose an independent private teacher, I would look for one who is part of the New Orleans Music Teachers Association. Students of these teachers participate in comp
Jump to new posts Re: USB 3.0 audio interfaces - less latency? by oscar1 @ Yesterday at 10:41 PM

The latency is a sum problem. All the steps signal goes through and back will add some amount of delay. Data in digital world are processed in "blocks" or buffers, not sequential bits, where each block is sent at once to the next step in pr
Jump to new posts Re: USB 3.0 audio interfaces - less latency? by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 10:36 PM

This isn't making any sense ...Originally Posted By BucksterI'm sorry but there is some very bad info on this thread - especially early on - in particular MacMacMac and Theodorn - don't know where you got that info from but I'm near certain it is inc
Jump to new posts Re: USB 3.0 audio interfaces - less latency? by MacMacMac @ Yesterday at 10:27 PM

Frédéric: The buffer size on my slow laptop was much higher than on the newer desktop ...Originally Posted By Frédéric L@MacMacMac : very instructive this comparison, I didn't know the main PC could have such an high impact. 18ms is huge ! 2ms is
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Lakeside piano by Austin B @ Yesterday at 10:21 PM

I've moved a baby grand before but for this case I care not for the condition afterwards so I'm just going to use my forklift.
Jump to new posts Re: Heavy duty piano drawer project by oscar1 @ Yesterday at 10:15 PM

I love how you accommodate the small gear into rack. And everything is so clean and pristine...
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by Candywoman @ Yesterday at 10:07 PM

If I were the OP, I'd ask an older piano teacher to give a guest lesson. Dollars to donuts the girl will not bang loudly on the piano. But if she does, you may learn another way to deal with it. Alternatively, the guest teacher could watch you give a
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does Not Belong? by dogperson @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM

Hey Zilthy I saw that it was described as being close to techno, and I initially thought 'Oh no' because techno is just not my thing....BUT I really enjoyed hearing it. Goes to show that 'an old dog can learn new tricks'.. Thanks so much for postin
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Got My First Aural Tuning Lesson by Lucas Brookins RPT @ Yesterday at 09:59 PM

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Practicing on good pianos may help with hearing beats. Just remember it takes lots and lots of practice.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a Yamaha Grand G7 vs C2 by AmDG @ Yesterday at 09:58 PM

Good news everyone! I'm getting the Yamaha G7. The seller lowered the price to 6.5K. There's one issue though: The top octave has a clanky wooden sound though my tech says he can fix it. Is that normal for an old piano? Thanks to all of you!
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: whippens for a Kranich and Bach Parlor Grand. by OldKandB @ Yesterday at 09:57 PM

I need six whippens if you have them available.... Thanks!
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ritmuller or Kawai? Teacher says kids need a better piano. by UnlocktheDream @ Yesterday at 09:50 PM

For those who inquired we live in New Orleans. I asked my kids what it's like to play on the Crown upright compared to other pianos they've played. Both said that sometimes certain keys don't work. The problem seems to be intermittent. We've had a
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I Think Gould's Technique is Best in History by jonnyboy126 @ Yesterday at 09:45 PM

the secret is... you play with your ears.
Page 9 of 16 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Wire Music Wire Piano Strings

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Badly stored Steinway upright
by daisyhill
04/28/17 11:58 AM
New Perzina 130 Street Price
by liberty4all
04/28/17 11:20 AM
Recording Update 2017
by cmb13
04/28/17 10:59 AM
Tempi in Brahms 117.1
by troglodyte
04/28/17 10:53 AM
Soviet upright pianos - has anyone tried them?
by PianoStartsAt33
04/28/17 10:06 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,262 Topics
2,620,106 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission