Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
59 registered members (Charles Cohen, Beemer, Agent88, BachToTheFuture, 15 invisible), 1,661 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 12:11 PM
07. earlofmar - Invention No 3 You managed to bring out both voices very clearly, I think that’s very nicely done indeed. What peace of mind it must bring to be able to play Bach like this (after the countless hours of practice, of course!). 08. wouter79 - Album for the Young...
see more
1,484 Views · 84 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by kevinbI've often wondered about this. I frequently get wrist pain from playing the piano; but I frequently get pains in my legs after running, or in my shoulders after lifting weights. It never really occurred to me that demanding, repetitive practice of any ...
see more
303 Views · 11 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 11:58 AM
I think your last post shows that you already do have a good idea of what to look for. Nevertheless, some thoughts of mine: Firstly, if action noise is such an issue as you describe, the CA98 might possibly even be a better choice for you than the NV10. We currently do not know ...
see more
634 Views · 14 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by SwissMS I like the slow, reverent feeling that you give the piece. This is an excellent job for 10 months of playing! Thank you very much for your kind words! Originally Posted by Alexander Borro When I saw the title, but not the composer I was expecting th...
see more
Yesterday at 11:52 AM
Guys ... (dmd is going to kill me lol), I bought the ES8 one hour ago. Got too good price to say no....
see more
1,166 Views · 35 Comments
Yesterday at 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by stamkorgDoes anybody notice that the output level coming from Pianoteq is significantly higher than the output from UVI or from Kontakt? I can't comment on that, but I remember the output level from PT being higher than the line output from my MIDI keyboard ...
see more
1,002 Views · 32 Comments
Yesterday at 11:41 AM
dogperson, thanks, have already contacted Sr.Minetti. unfortunately the stock digital models he modifies are in the just-o.k. tier of instruments, and his custom work more than doubles the price of the stock keyboard while voiding its warranty. still considering that option, wh...
see more
210 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 11:33 AM
13. Monica K. - La Nascita Delle Cose Segrete Nicely played, Monica! And your Mason & Hamlin sounds so good! 14. Riddler (Ed) - I Hear a Rhapsody I thoroughly enjoyed your performance, Ed! Those gorgeous jazz progressions just seem to flow so effortlessly from your fingert...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 11:24 AM
Recital 48 and the Latin-American themed recital. There are 3,057 performances from 57 recitals with 561 different performers indexed. Whew! Sam...
see more
78 Views · 3 Comments
Yesterday at 11:19 AM
49-keys is probably the practical limit for carry-on luggage. Even then an enthusiastic crew might make you check it as well. I travel about once a month with a 61-key Go Piano (see photos here), and I definitely have to check that in. I always get a little jealous when I see pe...
see more
210 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 11:11 AM
Thank you for that Karl. I also queued up a YouTube video and think I need to buy this recording. Cheers to you!...
see more
372 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 11:11 AM
Hi, Does anyone know what the differences are between the new Yamaha SX-series and the S-series? There doesn't seem to be much information on the differences/improvements. And is the SX-series there to replace the S-series? There is no S-series anymore on the US website, just S...
see more
207 Views · 2 Comments
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
Luciano Minetti makes custom keyboards designed for travel. Here is the PW link Travel Keyboard ClsscLib, a member here has one; you might send him a PM to ask about it...
see more
210 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by ghosthandBut how many of us adult amateurs are really interested in becoming the next Kissin? I suppose most of you are just like me. I play for personal reasons, my goals are very personal, my ambitions are very high but they do not include "making the ...
see more
1,543 Views · 50 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 10:28 AM
Thanks for advice, i got some Cory polish on order now...
see more
321 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by keystringI am so tired of the statement being reiterated over and over as though fact that children learn faster, that their brains are growing and ours aren't and the rest. It is useless at best. More importantly, a lot of things that ought to be looked at...
see more
1,543 Views · 50 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 10:04 AM
Well done, Joe. I will add one thing. We can see that it has new hammers, but we cannot see anything else. It could have original shanks, flanges, and wippens. It could have original key bushings and/or be in need of a new keyset. Before 1924 Blüthner used their own design of...
see more
416 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 09:21 AM
This is a genuine Blüthner. It dates from around 1900-1920. At that time, Blüthner pianos had round holes in the frame. They didn't move to the rectangular holes until the late 1920s. The legs have been either changed to straight legs, or the original turned legs were cut down...
see more
416 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 08:51 AM
Personally I do practice every day. Some days up to 2h at most. Every 1/2h you're supposed to take a 10m break. Right now I'm working on a movement out of a Beethoven Sonata that is 4 pages long with a lot of repetition & similar passages. Need to practice with an estimate li...
see more
303 Views · 11 Comments
Yesterday at 08:46 AM
portable keyboards in general is an extremely competitive market. whoever developed a modular split keyboard and invested in a production run would need to count on gaining enough of a market share to make $$. the 55 cm. you cite is probably what the airlines specify as allowab...
see more
210 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 08:39 AM
Good day, I stumbled upon an advertisement for a used Blüthner piano. The serial number is not disclosed. Looking at the pictures, I noticed a few features that - I thought - should not add up, such as: - the hole shape in the frame and the square leg style - the shape of th...
see more
416 Views · 10 Comments
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Mostly Medtner concert in Berlin, 28/11/2017
by Ken Iisaka. 11/18/17 01:45 AM
Looking for "rock"piano songs with a specific rhythm
by Wormwith.co. 11/17/17 10:04 PM
I finally inventoried my music!
by gooddog. 11/17/17 09:38 PM
Steinway Teflon Years?
by Duke of Dunning. 11/17/17 09:23 PM
Nord Piano Demo - which do you prefer...?
by Pologuy. 11/17/17 07:02 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,815
Posts2,672,645
Members89,154
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission