Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to our Forums Family!

Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
75 registered members (accordeur, Bambers, briangmoore, AprilE, ando, Anita Potter, 17 invisible), 1,729 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:29 AM
Thanks. The wrong interpretation may lead to so many player keen at the Yamaha U5, for it has the "sostenuto"....
see more
169 Views · 4 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 10:22 AM
Just get yourself a Gigabyte Brix or an Intel NUC, install Windows on it, and then you can use any VST, library, or sound package you like. If you want something better than the inbuilt sound card, you could use an AudioQuest DragonFly. Install ASIO4ALL to get ASIO support even i...
see more
230 Views · 6 Comments
Yesterday at 10:14 AM
In looking at the pictures of this instrument on roland's website I do see a gap between the top c7 key and the cheek block. Does the una corda pedal actually shift the keybed over to the right as it does in a real grand piano?...
see more
13,135 Views · 217 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 10:14 AM
May it please Your graace, this should be experienced on Thanksgiving Day: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nwp2j#play...
see more
215 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 09:49 AM
I find very little of this teacher on pianoworld forum. Does anyone have taken these lessons and what was your experience? i heard it should be very good to learn how to play by ear, chords, improv, etc... https://www.playpianotoday.com/...
see more
118 Views · 2 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 09:00 AM
Wow... excellent info! Exactly the kind of digest that I needed. Thanks fellas! Right now, I'd even be willing to suppress my ADD and try to stick with something like this for 252 weeks that it'd likely take me, but the price is indeed rather steep. With the shipping and tax an...
see more
36,288 Views · 210 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by Miss Rhonda 1. Over the course of 25 years teaching, I have personally taught over 36, 800 private one-one-one piano lessons. I have a 100% success score when it comes to teaching students to note read using the ABC system (as opposed to the European Do Re Mi...
see more
3,383 Views · 96 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by Miss Rhonda --------------------- There are 3 different types of notation for piano/keyboards------------------------------ 1. Grand Staff 2. Fake Book Style notation 3. Keyboard Chording You missed out figured bass. Stop me if I'm not helping ...
see more
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by outo So how about a variation of 1: 3. So what did you bring this time? Lets see if it's suitable. Do you not have students like this? It is not always a matter of wanting to be in control, it can simply be about love for music and research into repertoire. ...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 08:26 AM
I don't know the answer to the question, or even if there is one. What I have noticed, however, is how important peripheral vision is in my playing. I'm not a young fellow, and my memory is not wonderful. So the option of playing while looking at my hands simply isn't there for m...
see more
453 Views · 18 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by PotleaActually just to clarify why I was asking advice in another thread on the Baroque styling of a sonata, was because my current teacher was out of country and unavailable and the new teacher was showing me a style of playing on the Sonata which seemed ver...
see more
346 Views · 8 Comments
Yesterday at 08:01 AM
A few years ago I purchased a keyboard from a major US dealer (not Sweetwater), and decided to return it. The cost of shipping was deducted from my refund (I believe it was both ways, but am not certain). I was somewhat out of pocket, but I did not have to live with a product tha...
see more
1,578 Views · 67 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 07:57 AM
Everything A OK here for # 571692 at 11 years, 6 months and 16 days. Could use a tuning and some minor voicing but that's it. I think it sounds and plays better then the D across town at the Bridge Recording. But they have a much nicer room for theirs. ...
see more
402 Views · 13 Comments
Yesterday at 07:39 AM
If you want electric-piano (Rhodes and Wurlitzer) sounds, try Applied Acoustic Systems' "Lounge Lizard" program. It's on sale, this weekend (I think). If you Google "Software synthesizers", you'll find loads of synth programs. Your customers are unlikely to...
see more
230 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 07:37 AM
Hello: I am considering a Baldwin 9' grand - serial number: 183722 A quick check on the serial number indicates that this piano was manufactured in 1968-1969. Is this SD-6? or SD-10? How can I be sure that it is SD-10? Any distinguishing features for SD-10? Thank you. Sut...
see more
238 Views · 7 Comments
Yesterday at 07:32 AM
I'll admit to bias: . . . Get a copy of Pianoteq "Stage". . . . . . with the "Bluthner" and/or "Grotrian" add-ons. It runs fine under Windows. The demo version is free, and has several "silent" keys. It lets you experiment, and get all...
see more
230 Views · 6 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by joe80 their actions are excellent - perhaps the most reliable and controllable in the business. I agree. I've hardly ever been dissapointed by a Yamaha action....
see more
560 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 07:06 AM
Personally I play violin & piano. When playing a violin you never look at your fingerboard. Your eyes are completely facing your sheet music. When it comes to playing piano, there are some parts of a piece where your hands are far apart. You can only see 1 hand but not both. ...
see more
453 Views · 18 Comments
Yesterday at 07:00 AM
Has some one got a change to try out CA48 at your local dealer? My local dealer told me it won't be in display until Jan, 2018. Same to CA78....
see more
6,008 Views · 83 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 06:30 AM
I just completed the purchase of $100 worth of iTunes store credit for $84.47 USD. I can now say that up to 10 can be purchased, which would be $1000 in store credit for $844.70. To be clear this offer is good through November 26 and requires a membership in Sam's Club. I don't k...
see more
245 Views · 3 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 05:51 AM
Originally Posted by darthdeusThe question being in the title, how difficult is it to play completely blinded (or just looking at the sheets with no peripheral vision of your hands)? At what skill level can one expect to become comfortable with this like a touch typist is when th...
see more
453 Views · 18 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 05:43 AM
Absolutely terrific! Well done, indeed. ...
see more
960 Views · 9 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 05:37 AM
Wishing you and your wife the same. Happy Thanksgiving. Mary...
see more
215 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 05:26 AM
It is a question that taunts the beginner isn't it? I have had two previous piano teachers tell me it is ok to look at my hands but I don't think they quite got it. Tell a beginner it is ok to look at their hands and that is all they will do. My problem was I spent my first two ...
see more
453 Views · 18 Comments
Member Recordings
Yesterday at 04:24 AM
You play with an accuracy I can only aspire to, Super good job on the left hand in the tricky section C. Your right hand is sometimes swinging the rhythm a bit in C. Channeling my teacher: swinging is a choice, but swing consistently. Period rags almost certainly had no swing. ...
see more
53 Views · 1 Comments
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai es110 /kawai es100
by Jitin. 11/23/17 07:22 PM
Midway crisis
by Martin3451. 11/23/17 07:10 PM
VST discount this Thanksgiving 2017
by TonyDIGITAL. 11/23/17 02:58 PM
Grand Piano Placement in Room
by Anonymous4. 11/23/17 12:39 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,908
Posts2,673,844
Members89,177
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission