Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online
55 registered (7uturu, AaronMiall, augustm, anotherscott, Artur Gajewski, Alux, 9 invisible), 1600 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Names You Don't Know How to Pronounce by BDB @ Yesterday at 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By gooddogWill someone please tell me how to pronounce "Bach"? I was taught to say: Bahch, with a top of the palate "ch" sound as in Chuzpah. Others pronounce it Bahk with a hard K sound. Like Offenbach, but wi
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Can Pianoteq (etc.) be run on an iPad? by Frédéric L @ Yesterday at 04:43 PM

I have done 2 little programs : one which create a 256MiB file. A second one which loop 200 times a read 1s of samples (4*44,100, assumming 16bits, stereo) at any random position in the file. The time is measured, then divided by the number of lo
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Started practicing piano... again :) by earlofmar @ Yesterday at 04:43 PM

glad to hear you are making a return to piano. One of my bigger "ah ha" moments was letting go of of the desire to learn ever increasingly difficult pieces. I just try to do what I can and those little improvements made each day are enough
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Let's see pics of your piano room by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 04:43 PM

Very nice sinophilia. So tidy as I have loads of music and stuff on top and around my piano, despite using iPad/forescore these days. The books are for sight reading exercises, not ready to donate them yet.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The best ever Rach 3? by nancyde @ Yesterday at 04:40 PM

I heard Nicoli Lugansky do the Rach 3 with the Saint Louis Symphony last Sunday and it was fabulous--he was just beyond belief!
Pianist Corner
I think it depends on what the pianist himself defines as "good". My two jazzer friends have never played classical - one is self-taught, the other had a few scattered lessons here & there. Neither of them would pass muster even as 'in
Jump to new posts Re: Why doesn't Kawai sell the CA17 in the USA? by oscar1 @ Yesterday at 04:28 PM

I am very happy that they think of customers first and not just playing hat tricks with price. What would we do, poor misguided souls in north america, playing on a piano that is deemed "not suitable" for our north american hands and ears b
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Names You Don't Know How to Pronounce by gooddog @ Yesterday at 04:22 PM

Will someone please tell me how to pronounce "Bach"? I was taught to say: Bahch, with a top of the palate "ch" sound as in Chuzpah. Others pronounce it Bahk with a hard K sound.
Jump to new posts Re: Can Pianoteq (etc.) be run on an iPad? by oscar1 @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

What I think is that iOS apps because of the price gets a smaller version of sample - and also the memory is not expandable, so you don't want to fill gigabytes of someones ipad. The Colossus Piano however will install 14GB of samples... not many pe
Jump to new posts Re: Visited Tokyo, Took Pictures of Lots of Keyboards by oscar1 @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

Well, food and jazz music would be more of my kind of night life.... But Tokyo is totally on the "to go" list. I had been working with japanese company and they invited me, but we just had first baby so i didn't go... regrets...
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Please I need your advise on a Zimmermann by Kari @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

Dear all, Thank you everyone for your insightful and perceptive advice. I will think about what you all have said and make a decision based on your excellent feedback. Regards.
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by Kent Swafford @ Yesterday at 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By Mark CerisanoLook, some technicians find it difficult or even impossible, by their own admission, to hear beats on regular pianos! So how is one to tune a Rhodes if the partial beating is so quiet, never mind how quiet the Natura
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Moving grand piano on tile/croncete floor by Retsacnal @ Yesterday at 03:59 PM

I too would discourage you from rolling it across the tile. If there's a void under the tile, as noted above, or they aren't otherwise uniformly supported from below, and/or there are any deformities on the underside of the tile, then they may crack
Jump to new posts Re: Can Pianoteq (etc.) be run on an iPad? by anotherscott @ Yesterday at 03:57 PM

I'll be curious to see what you discover in your further testing. Though I suspect that there is some other factor that you're not considering, if only because you have a company like Gospel Musicians, who makes probably the largest EP sample set ava
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by DoelKees @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By Kent SwaffordOriginally Posted By DoelKeesOnly if the playback hardware creates non-linear distortion and/or if the volume is loud enough that the ear creates non-linear distortion. Kees There is no need to invoke non-linear d
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by Kent Swafford @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

Originally Posted By Mark Cerisano As for the Rhodes, that's a fairly pure tone so we can assume that if there are beats, they are pretty quiet. Nonsense.
Jump to new posts Re: Kawai CA67/CA97/CS8/CS11 Serious Bug? by jeanroger @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

thank you, i look for this solution. but somebody can upload the beta firmware ? thanks
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by Kent Swafford @ Yesterday at 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By Mark CerisanoPragmatic means be practical and reasonable. We've already shown that beats, without overtones, are practically impossible to hear, and that's IF they exist at all. You have shown no such thing.
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by Kent Swafford @ Yesterday at 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By UnrightToonerBut do "we also hear it when the wave is played as audio"? That is a very pertinent question. Some have heard it, others have not. Might be the audio equipment, might be the acuity of the listener. Her
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: French Themed Recital - Call for Submissions by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 03:45 PM

Hope to record a bunch this Friday/ early Saturday. Had to revive this piece, and practice is in good place. This will be my first participation and look forward to hearing everyone's pieces. Get better soon morodiene.
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Finishes by Austin B @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

Thanks, I'm really trying to focus on making the piano look good so I can sell it for some quick money that I can use for some more formal education on piano technology. The action seems pretty good but I need to replace a broken hammer and whippen.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Challenging songs for 2 years experienced pianist by Pianoperformance @ Yesterday at 03:41 PM

For some people, preparing a song for an exam is motivating and fun. [/quote] Err, count me out of this category.
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: AW Ladd Square Grand Piano by kgodfrey31 @ Yesterday at 03:40 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. After some research I found around $500-$1000 so she is very disappointed but so goes it! Thanks again!
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by Mark Cerisano @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

Pragmatic means be practical and reasonable. We've already shown that beats, without overtones, are practically impossible to hear, and that's IF they exist at all. As for the Rhodes, that's a fairly pure tone so we can assume that if there are bea
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Kimball Piano by JohnSprung @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

If you're going at it yourself, just a couple more things: 1. In addition to the mutes, get a "temp strip" -- a piece of thick felt about an inch wide by 3-4 ft. long. You poke it in between the outboard strings of adjacent unisons so y
Page 7 of 15 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Wire Music Wire Piano Strings

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Spectrasonics Keyscape
by Bachus
04/27/17 02:30 AM
Yamaha 1991 G2 Grand Piano
by chazzerz17
04/27/17 12:16 AM
Does dust collection ruin a piano's sound?
by johnjones795
04/26/17 09:10 PM
M-Audio Oxygen 88 (Or recommendations for other controller)
by Zilthy
04/26/17 08:53 PM
Ritmuller or Kawai? Teacher says kids need a better piano.
by UnlocktheDream
04/26/17 08:38 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,521 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,235 Topics
2,619,602 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission