Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
84 registered members (anamnesis, A441, Adypiano, ando, accordeur, anotherscott, 24 invisible), 1,237 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 11:47 PM
You should use an adapter that allows you to also keep the wall charger plugged in, so you don't have to worry about the iPad running out of power while you're using it with your piano. Apple makes one: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-MK0W2AM-Lightning-Camera-Adapter/dp/B01F7KJDIM ...
see more
117 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
It does take time, so play very slowly and be patient. Do not expect to be anywhere near where you were 35 years ago, even if you were quite good. You can do stretches for your fingers, hands, wrists, and forearms which may be helpful, but it's just not something you can rush thr...
see more
171 Views · 8 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Yes there is some sort of muscle memory or deep cellular memory that kicks in isn't there? I have picked up some easier Chopin pieces I played confidently in my twenties (like thirty years prior) and after going "Ye gods!" To myself looking at the score, after the first...
see more
105 Views · 2 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by thepianoplayer416A lot of teachers talked about slow practice. The 1 I'm referring to is Cory Hall who goes by the name BachScholar on YouTube. He recommended starting off a piece at 50% of the actual tempo. You play along with a metronome until you nailed ev...
see more
719 Views · 21 Comments
Members Recordings - Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Hi Tim It is indeed a compelling composition as well as a compelling performance. Thank you so much for posting; I was not aware of this previously and am very impressed ...
see more
108 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
It can indeed be quicker and better to tune the piano twice (no matter what). If you concentrate and move fast, the first time through (not talking pitch raises here) will result in some errors (don't fret about them), but it will also result in some notes being right on the mo...
see more
557 Views · 16 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Yesterday at 11:13 PM
Everything by Julian Bradley especially his course "Jazz Theory Explained."...
see more
80 Views · 2 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
Going on overseas travel through mid January. Looks like tomorrow will be my last practice for the year. Will be a little scary with a recital coming up in February....
see more
31,522 Views · 399 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by dmdSo .... we are supposed to figure out how this affected your teacher (a bit devastated). I see no mention of any piano teachers in the article. Originally Posted by dmdSo .... we are supposed to figure out how this affected your teacher (a bit devastate...
see more
283 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:50 PM
I love bringing back old pieces. I did them the first time because I thought they were great and worth learning. Learning them again goes faster the second time (or third time!). Sam...
see more
105 Views · 2 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
Away from the piano, plant your fingertips on a tabletop (or anything else solid like the fallboard). Keeping the fingertips in one position (as if they were pressing keys), try to move your wrist from side to side. Don't hurt yourself or do it to an extreme, but its a good way t...
see more
171 Views · 8 Comments
Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Thank you all for your wisdom. I suppose that an ideal piano design would have an oveall back scale gradually increasing from trebble to bass as soundboard mobility increases from trebble to bass to match the strings frequencies. I cant figure why from high trebble to low tenor w...
see more
585 Views · 23 Comments
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
Steinway rarely (if ever) does anything just for the fun of it, or to intentionally make life difficult. There is doubtlessly a good reason behind the design. However, it is possible I suppose that they had this thin material around for some years and didn't know what to do with ...
see more
70 Views · 1 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by elkabungoYes I restarted playing after 35 years. I played fairly good. Is there any exercises that I could do to loosen up when Im playing? Did you think to ask your teacher any of these questions ?...
see more
171 Views · 8 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
I have really enjoyed quite a number of Antoine Herve's Youtube videos on Jazz, blues, and other styles. I started with his wonderful lesson on: The Taxpayer Blues - Piano Blues Lesson by Antoine Herve (english) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bl...&annotation_id=annot...
see more
80 Views · 2 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
So .... we are supposed to figure out how this affected your teacher (a bit devastated). I see no mention of any piano teachers in the article....
see more
283 Views · 7 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
I would like to use some of my iPad's Piano Apps with my Roland FP-30 and was wondering whether anyone here has been successful with that? I'm figuring that this cable, connected to a regular printer USB cable might do the trick. - Any thoughts? (I know that connecting the iPa...
see more
117 Views · 5 Comments
Yesterday at 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by P W GreySome people really like the gold color used on the Chrysler PT Cruiser. I am pretty sure the color is Inca Gold. You ought to be able to look it up and get a few cans. However, if unable to get a spray can of it, you can buy it in a quart or gallon a...
see more
152 Views · 6 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by dmdSo .... you are fessin' up ? Ha- no— some drunk driver I expect- think my teacher is a bit devastated but hopefully he can get it sorted and back to normal sooner rather than later...
see more
283 Views · 7 Comments
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
Some people really like the gold color used on the Chrysler PT Cruiser. I am pretty sure the color is Inca Gold. You ought to be able to look it up and get a few cans. However, if unable to get a spray can of it, you can buy it in a quart or gallon and use a Preval spray unit to...
see more
152 Views · 6 Comments
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
I've had several broken pedals welded over the years and never had a problem with them breaking again. I do this mostly because it is usually more work to replace the pedal, especially on an old piano that you can't get an exact replacement for. And if you replace one pedal on an...
see more
77 Views · 2 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 09:42 PM
Fareham: A couple of years ago, I rebuilt a 2004 Steinway D action using an all WNG action, at my customer's request. I have been using WNG parts in my grand rebuilds since about 2010 almost exclusively, so I have a lot of experience with them. While the WNG whippen can be se...
see more
2,239 Views · 74 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 09:35 PM
Yes I restarted playing after 35 years. I played fairly good. Is there any exercises that I could do to loosen up when Im playing?...
see more
171 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
Thank you Osho! From a technical specification and acquisition cost perspective, these retrofit optical MIDI recording systems for acoustic pianos appear to be quite similar and capable. I have no personal experience with QRS Music's PNOScan III system, other than it is provided...
see more
194 Views · 5 Comments
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
After a brief couple of searches, I decided to just pose the question: The Steinway O that I am currently working on has the old two-layer bushings in the guide rail. I think on the last one I did, I opted to just use a very thick single layer - probably a good woven under-stri...
see more
70 Views · 1 Comments
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
waltz question
by iamanders. 12/17/17 07:26 AM
JBL LSR308 8" $129US one day sale 12/17/17
by Marko in Boston. 12/17/17 06:50 AM
Kawai CA98...First Impressions
by Tommy S. 12/17/17 02:00 AM
New Age Piano Solo Music
by Vindhie Lin. 12/17/17 12:49 AM
Arturia V2 Piano
by Beakybird. 12/16/17 08:42 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,315
Posts2,679,783
Members89,273
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission