Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
Who's Online
112 registered (ajames, alphonsus, anotherscott, 36251, Akarukun, Adypiano, 21 invisible), 1542 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does Not Belong? by Zilthy @ Today at 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By J van EFor a while I wondered where the piano was but yes, it is hidden in there somewhere. Not techno at all to me: it's more what Whizbang said: kinda '80s power rock meets Alan Parsons Project. I wonder though: did you play
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does dust collection ruin a piano's sound? by David Boyce @ Today at 04:05 AM

Quote:A piano might look nice with the lid up, but to me, a piano with thick dust inside looks revolting. I totally agree. There are plenty of hundred-year-old grands in my area that have never had any soundboard cleaning. From the days of coal f
Pianist Corner
I freaking love Einaudi. I have insomnia and his work puts me right out. It's easy to understand why advanced players see his music as silly because there's not much to it on the score. But for those of us not quite at advanced levels it's excellen
Jump to new posts Re: Does dust collection ruin a piano's sound? by David-G @ Today at 04:01 AM

Originally Posted By johnjones795Does dust collection ruin a piano's sound? I ask because I was wondering if I can keep the lid of the piano up rather than down as it looks nice. A piano might look nice with the lid up, but to me, a piano with thic
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys: anyone tried the video's? by J van E @ Today at 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By wouldlovetoAs for the videos, I started with the 1st couple and appreciated the value in them, so I decided to get them all. I'm on page 75 now and I feel already sad that in a few pages the videos will be over, and I have to car
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does Not Belong? by dogperson @ Today at 03:55 AM

Originally Posted By J van EFor a while I wondered where the piano was but yes, it is hidden in there somewhere. Not techno at all to me: it's more what Whizbang said: kinda '80s power rock meets Alan Parsons Project. I wonder though: did you play
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Learning is getting harder by J van E @ Today at 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By AprilEJ van E, another thing to consider before deciding you are finished with a piece is the musicality with which you are playing it. Mastering a piece is about more than hitting the right notes, yes? Dynamics, phrasing, etc. B
Piano Forum
The question is a tough one to answer in some ways, because it depends on the quality of the restoration. If it was me, and I was going to my friend's workshop, I'd take the Steinway. It would cost me about 30 percent more than buying a new Hailun,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So, what does it really take? by bSharp(C)yclist @ Today at 03:46 AM

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does Not Belong? by J van E @ Today at 03:40 AM

For a while I wondered where the piano was but yes, it is hidden in there somewhere. Not techno at all to me: it's more what Whizbang said: kinda '80s power rock meets Alan Parsons Project. I wonder though: did you play that piano part live or is i
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So, what does it really take? by J van E @ Today at 03:34 AM

I think it all depends on WHY you play the piano. Richfr seems to be all about having a fun, relaxing time: good for him. Others want to be the best pianist on earth so everyone can tell them how great they are: good for them. And in between there ar
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: I Think Gould's Technique is Best in History by chopin_r_us @ Today at 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By jonnyboy126the secret is... you play with your ears. +∞!
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Rich GalassiniJoe, Paul Leverett sent me LOTS of photos. I can tell you that he is very proud of the final product and with good reason, IMHO. I am certain they did a fine and competent job. We have been trying to make arrangem
Adult Beginners Forum
confidence seems to be one ingredient but bravado seems to be of no use. When I am approaching one of those tricky sections I know there is a 50/50 chance of flubbing, I find there is a 100% chance of flubbing in front of my teacher. She has this mag
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So, what does it really take? by Tararex @ Today at 02:52 AM

I agree with mimic the gesture. Beginners tend to stiffen and collapse the piano playing arc down to the fingers. Mimicking the gesture allows the brain to take a known physical action and apply it to an unknown activity. The action may then be adjus
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So, what does it really take? by Richrf @ Today at 02:47 AM

If I really found any of the arts I study hard work, requiring thousands of dollars in paraphernalia and teaching fees, I would have quit decades ago. As they are quite relaxing and very enjoyable, I suspect I will be studying and exploring them
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does Not Belong? by earlofmar @ Today at 02:35 AM

only 56 secs of delight, I want the full album
Jump to new posts Re: Got My First Aural Tuning Lesson by Chris Leslie @ Today at 02:34 AM

You will find these articles by Bill Bremmer very useful. http://billbremmer.com/articles/ Bill explains things very well including the use of different octave checks. I must say though that I don't use those octave checks much myself for day to day
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing Piano drunk? by earlofmar @ Today at 02:31 AM

the sooner we have random breath testing and mandatory urine samples for beginner pianists, the better and safer this world will be.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So, what does it really take? by MossySF @ Today at 02:30 AM

Here's one way to get good at the piano: http://www.npr.org/2016/02/22/467680296/stroke-of-genius-how-derek-amato-became-a-musical-savant I've got my baseball bat ready. Any volunteers?
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So, what does it really take? by earlofmar @ Today at 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By ZilthyI am going to regret this, but.... Richrf, please stop. this has become like an addictive soap opera. I know it is bad for me but I just can't look away.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So, what does it really take? by earlofmar @ Today at 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By PianogrlNWI would like to comment on an escalating tension that I’m seeing pop up in several threads. An OP who participates in several threads advocates that beginning pianists can become accomplished through relaxation and en
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: So, what does it really take? by Zilthy @ Today at 02:13 AM

I am going to regret this, but.... Richrf, please stop. Again, you speak with kind words, purely expressing your perspective and where you are coming from. Yet, diplomatic though your words may be, you present again the passive aggressive underton
Piano Forum
Originally Posted By Beacon ChrisCan you imagine JSB and Chick Corea improvising together? Insane! Bach would have blown Corea's mind with counterpoint, and Bach would probably check out all of Chick's gear. I'll bet JSB would love PianoWorld. Chris
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Losing motivation by Tararex @ Today at 02:00 AM

I recently went through much the same agony with a teacher solely focused on Baroque/Classical pieces for instruction. She's great with most instruction but expects "perfection" before moving on. After two years of lessons I hit a wall wh
Page 3 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Lamp LED

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
The Year I Became a Piano Tuner
by tonyster220763
04/28/17 07:13 AM
Hammer blow distance and dynamic range
by electone2007
04/28/17 06:16 AM
USB Thumb Drive vs. External Hard Drive
by DCCCXLV
04/28/17 05:47 AM
Kawai ES8 FM TiNES Sample Library
by Kakaze74
04/28/17 05:37 AM
So, what does it really take?
by PianogrlNW
04/27/17 10:57 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,540 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,257 Topics
2,620,023 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission