Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
59 registered members (Alex_, Alex C, andy250, Anil Kalagatla, Adypiano, amad23, 16 invisible), 1,234 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Pianist Corner
2 hours ago
Still no sign of an application link on the main website and acceptd.com says something like "not available yet". Cliburn gave us a year's notice, well, let's say about 9 months prior to the application deadline. With PT we're looking at 3 months now to get our acts t...
see more
487 Views · 6 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Kawai JamesOriginally Posted by fizikistoI wonder if they're also working on Tone Wheel or Electronic organ emulation. I hope so! According to pianoteq forum: Originally Posted by http://www.forum-pianoteq.com/viewtopic.php?id=5399 Nope, pipe organs onl...
see more
550 Views · 17 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by bennevisI think it means forte in both hands. It doesn't make sense in the context to play loudly in RH and stay soft in LH. +1. That forte mark is on the staff only because of the text, that's for sure....
see more
112 Views · 10 Comments
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by BosendorffSo glad I bought a MIDIboard in 1990. Still works perfectly and IMHO still unsurpassed to this day. Fatar actions ? Meh. I just googled it out of curiosity. Talk about short pivot points! Those must be the shortest I've ever seen, probably around ...
see more
679 Views · 33 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
3 hours ago
I think that there is another way of looking at this. Consider it as music. You have a melody in the right hand, and accompaniment in the left hand. It is in simple ABA form, that is, you have the same melody in the beginning and end, with a contrasting part in the middle. It ...
see more
112 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
3 hours ago
this version of Arabesque has the name JFBurgmuller on it...
see more
283 Views · 8 Comments
Piano Forum
3 hours ago
Does anyone know what is the difference between PianoDisc ProRecord and PianoDisc QuietTime Magicstar v6? Their website makes it sound like both of these are their latest and greatest silent piano system . Thanks, Osho...
see more
19 Views · 0 Comments
Piano Forum
3 hours ago
hendo - There's no way to learn any skill and perform it quickly from the outset ... not language, not reading, not sports, not math, and certainly not music. Interestingly, we accept that "slow and steady" is the right way to learn all of these other skills. Yet whe...
see more
283 Views · 8 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by TonyBMy suggestion is to take a look at this site and see if it might possibly be a more direct route to your stated goals: https://www.soundofemotions.com/ Tony I second this idea. It looks like something that would give you some basics while at the s...
see more
287 Views · 14 Comments
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by fizikistoI wonder if they're also working on Tone Wheel or Electronic organ emulation. I hope so!...
see more
550 Views · 17 Comments
Piano Photo Gallery - Pictures of Pianos
4 hours ago
;)...
see more
43 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by P W GreyKeith, Have you tried a "floating" board yet (cutting the board loose from behind the bass bridge)? Pwg Not yet. It has its applications, but it won't solve the backscale issue -- say on the S&S "M", for example. Even if th...
see more
443 Views · 19 Comments
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Kawai JamesOriginally Posted by OneWatt...some of these adapters introduce an unacceptable level of latency for the purpose of real-time playing. Interesting. Do you have any links to articles that compare the relative latencies when using direct MIDI to MI...
see more
409 Views · 18 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
4 hours ago
https://youtu.be/slYbmxaBo-I I always give this video as the one that inspired me to start learning. I loved listening to everyone just improvise. I don't see how learning piece after piece in the way I've experienced so far will ever get there. These players perhaps started ...
see more
287 Views · 14 Comments
Piano Forum
4 hours ago
Hi Chris, Thanks so much! So nice to finally have some concrete info info on this piano. Thanks to everyone also for your insightful observations. Knowing the piano was fully rebuilt gives me a little bit more confidence that the restoring bill might not be so big. Cheers all!...
see more
1,335 Views · 29 Comments
4 hours ago
That's awesome! So much potential here. Think of how how much pianoteq has improved over the past few iterations. I think this could work out to be a fantastic product. I wonder if they're also working on Tone Wheel or Electronic organ emulation. ...
see more
550 Views · 17 Comments
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by OneWatt...some of these adapters introduce an unacceptable level of latency for the purpose of real-time playing. Interesting. Do you have any links to articles that compare the relative latencies when using direct MIDI to MIDI (into an interface), direct U...
see more
409 Views · 18 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
Wow thanks so much . Glad I have Netflix premium . I gonna put a bunch of these on my list. . Appreciate it...
see more
414 Views · 18 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
5 hours ago
Keith, Have you tried a "floating" board yet (cutting the board loose from behind the bass bridge)? Pwg...
see more
443 Views · 19 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by rich2k4I've taken lessons from a few different teachers this past year, and I haven't really been satisfied with any of them. We go through pieces step by step in a book, with no explanation on how the particular piece is supposed to help with some concept o...
see more
287 Views · 14 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Whizbang EDIT: Also my vision, even with glasses, is not sufficient to make out most of the markings on the score ! I edited the first post to link the medium image to the large image. Uploading and posting photos on this forum isn't very user friendly....
see more
112 Views · 10 Comments
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by OneWattOriginally Posted by Kawai JamesOriginally Posted by UpalS- Do you need MIDI connections? Yes (my keyboard is an old one with only Midi, no usb) ... Thanks, the focusrite won't do it for me as I need MIDI connections What about using a MIDI to USB ca...
see more
409 Views · 18 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Charles Cohen I recognize that Whizbank is right "normally"; I don't think he's right _here_. But my opinion is worth no more than his, and maybe less. Could very well be! I don't know if there is a 'tactile' learner, but I have to actually play...
see more
112 Views · 10 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by lunobiliIt's like I am memorizing sentences, but not really learning the language. My problem is that I am so slow to learn the sentences that it takes all my mental energy and I have nothing left to see the big picture and understand their meaning. So, let ...
see more
287 Views · 14 Comments
Pianist Corner
5 hours ago
Originally Posted by PolyphonistOriginally Posted by kbrod1Many years ago I met Shura Cherkassky in the green room after a concert. He was a wonderful man and a delight to talk to. We started talking about pianists and when I mentioned Argerich he grabbed my wrist and said with w...
see more
147 Views · 3 Comments
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Where to buy Kawai digital pianos in LA
by kawaiplayer. 12/15/17 03:02 AM
Conversion: Cent Deviations to Pythagorean comma fractions
by Nikolai Vukovic. 12/15/17 02:32 AM
Digital piano louder higher octaves
by drhoward20. 12/15/17 01:26 AM
Farts waller
by drhoward20. 12/15/17 01:13 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,279
Posts2,679,344
Members89,267
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission