Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
Who's Online
91 registered (ando, anamnesis, AB99, anotherscott, alans, accordeur, 19 invisible), 2016 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Finding a baby grand digital piano? by EssBrace @ Today at 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By TiramisuI remember seeing this on the Roland website, anyone knows anything about this one, mainly in terms of quality? https://www.roland.com/global/products/v-piano_grand/ Very good quality. It has a particular sound that you
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By keystringOriginally Posted By Gary D. Aren't we confusing "classical" with a foundation of traditional skills, including reading and how to solve problems in various styles of music? Aren't we confusing "non-class
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: Mistake in Islamey score? by SiFi @ Today at 04:12 AM

Really interesting stuff, wr!! I love seeing and listening to this music in its "natural habitat". According to Balakirev, and this is my seriously aging memory speaking, he first heard the opening melody played by some kind of Caucasian
Jump to new posts Re: Three iOS Piano Comparisons by EssBrace @ Today at 04:06 AM

Interesting. I too prefer the Salamander with the iGrand in second place, although I'm not wild about any of them. The first two sound a bit dead and they all have a tendency to sound rather toy like in the passages with the fff chords played higher
Piano Forum
'Local control on/off' is what you're looking for in the user manual, p24.
Jump to new posts Re: Three iOS Piano Comparisons by TheodorN @ Today at 03:37 AM

The Salamander is pretty good, for a free piano library. The iGrand is the best of these three, I think. I had some problems with the 15 layer version of the Salamander. When I was playing MIDI files in the Sforzando player, it skipped notes. No such
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One month to ABF General Recital? by bSharp(C)yclist @ Today at 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By sara elizabethHow do these recitals work? Do I need to declare my intent, or simply upload my piece when the time comes? I think I may have something ready. The recital opens the 1st of May - there will be a "Call For Subm
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Documenting my journey by sara elizabeth @ Today at 03:20 AM

What about taking some of the pieces that you have the dynamics worked out and start speeding them up? That way you get the whole enchilada? I'm not sure why you are trying to play so many songs in a short period of time. I might have missed reading
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Got My First Aural Tuning Lesson by Chris Leslie @ Today at 03:19 AM

The test that you were showed is for a 4:2 octave. Please read the article that I posed a link on.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Does Not Belong? by sara elizabeth @ Today at 03:16 AM

Have you ever listened to the XM station "chill"? Your stuff sounds like it would fit in nicely! I like it. Sort of techno but with more personality.
Jump to new posts Re: Three iOS Piano Comparisons by clothearednincompo @ Today at 03:14 AM

I did a blind test and actually still don't know which one was which. I'll check later. I listened only once and these were the initial impressions: 1. Could be a decent and recent digital piano. I didn't pay attention to anything in a good or bad
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Playing at a recital by sara elizabeth @ Today at 03:09 AM

Did you land on a decision as to which piece to play? For my May recital I've decided on That's Amoré and a Beethoven sonatina. So one popular song and one classical. We hopefully have a group of adults at this recital, so they should appreciate the
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: One month to ABF General Recital? by sara elizabeth @ Today at 03:04 AM

How do these recitals work? Do I need to declare my intent, or simply upload my piece when the time comes? I think I may have something ready.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys: anyone tried the video's? by sara elizabeth @ Today at 03:02 AM

It sounds like you are very quickly bringing your skills back up! Awesome! Progress is so satisfying. I'm glad you found a book you enjoy.
Jump to new posts Three iOS Piano Comparisons by Jonky Ponky @ Today at 02:59 AM

I happen to own iGrand, Korg Module and the bs-16i apps and thought it would be interesting to compare them all playing the same part of the Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# Minor. The last app has a free soundfont that is available from my site (https://s
Jump to new posts Re: Roland RD-2000 by Goss @ Today at 02:53 AM

If the response on the right is louder than on the left, could it be your monitors' lower end response is less than its higher end response since the engine outputs the bass and lower mids left and treble right?
Piano Forum
Download the manual. Make sure it's cheap because it doesn't do different temperaments. Also the keys break pretty easily.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The best ever Rach 3? by wr @ Today at 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By kbrod1Sorry, but many musicians didn't respect Gieseking for that reason and rightly so. Whatever, you are entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own "facts". Gieseking was not a Nazi - that was verified by the
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: In Search Of The World's Greatest Pianos! by dogperson @ Today at 02:19 AM

Thanks Rich for sharing the links. In addition to his testing of The worlds great pianos, he also has a video of how to choose one which I found to be extremely well done. The take away message for anyone looking for a great piano: don't succumb
Jump to new posts Re: Finding a baby grand digital piano? by Tiramisu @ Today at 02:14 AM

I'll still look into it. I remember seeing this on the Roland website, anyone knows anything about this one, mainly in terms of quality? https://www.roland.com/global/products/v-piano_grand/
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: New Perzina 130 Street Price by BruceD @ Today at 02:05 AM

Originally Posted By liberty4all[...]the SMP from Mr. Fine is 10960. 30 percent less than that is about $7675- is that what we should insist on in purchasing the piano with 2 free tunings, plus the additional price of delivery/further tunings/regulat
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Gary D. But I would say the music of Debussy is as different from the music of Bach as many forms of pop/jazz. Where exactly does Debussy have elements of swing and blues? (pentatonic yes, but he isn't the first).
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by outo @ Today at 01:42 AM

Of course undesirable behavior such as bad language, throwing things or banging the piano can and should be stopped. But insisting on methods that cause excessive distress or are incomprehensible to the student will not promote learning. In these cas
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by BDB @ Today at 01:39 AM

While looking up some information to discuss your comment, I found this webpage, which agrees with what I have been saying about beats. The author uses the same methods I do, uses sine waves, and comes to similar conclusions. I would bet he is a p
Pianist Corner
We can try to evaluate how well a piece of music serves the purpose it was created for. But it's impossible to do that if one does not understand that purpose. When one has a limited view on the purpose of music it's common to end up evaluating all m
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Lamp LED

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
aftertouch or something else?
by PlunkyPlink
04/29/17 08:31 PM
Starting a new trend?
by DonZon
04/29/17 08:07 PM
transfer students with years of old habits
by chueh
04/29/17 07:37 PM
A Waltz Recital - any interest?
by Schubertian
04/29/17 05:40 PM
Steinway Upright
by supersport
04/29/17 04:52 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,549 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,292 Topics
2,620,626 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission