Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Virtual Sheet Music
Download Sheet Music Instantly
Virtual Sheet Music - Classical Sheet Music Downloads
Sheet Music...
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
Who's Online Now
96 registered members (AprilE, ando, anais77, AZNpiano, BachToTheFuture, Almaviva, 23 invisible), 1,960 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 07:52 AM
I plan to do this at some point and my understanding is that if you go through ABRSM's literature, the "Music Theory in Practice" booklets for each grade, then that should cover everything? I also have the AB Music Theory guide to fill any gaps. There are materials with...
see more
266 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 07:47 AM
Congrats on your pass! I think your "ear training" gets put in our aural tests for practical exams. I'm probably wrong though cause I've never heard your board. It turns out it's actually in Nov not Oct. so I think I have a nice bit of time as long the stuff I learned b...
see more
266 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 07:09 AM
In the last week I have just complete and passed (whoohoo) AMEB grade 3 theory. It looks like it is not too different from the ABRSM grade 5, although I don't see any questions requiring ear training which covered 40% of my theory course. As my first exam I also entered the syste...
see more
266 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by keystringOriginally Posted by ID5894I couldn't get anything "right" or "wrong", I also didn't say you had. That was Bennevis putting words in my mouth. I wrote a post addressed to you, hoping to round it all out with new information whi...
see more
1,334 Views · 52 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 07:06 AM
The Galaxy / NI Grandeur sounds really good - a nice, clean tone that sounds a more neutral, albeit maybe a little brighter, than the Vintage / ACD. It sounds like a really good, all-around piano sound - especially for headphones. It seems like it's hard to go wrong with a Galax...
see more
2,296 Views · 80 Comments
Pianist Corner - Non Classical
Yesterday at 07:02 AM
cool. gonna check it out tonight! thanks a lot!...
see more
134 Views · 2 Comments
Yesterday at 06:55 AM
A half hour drive? I'm sure I did several of those in the process of buying a DP, including multiple Yamaha dealers, and 2 visits to a Roland dealer. BTW I would not outright reject a floor model, assuming it has a full warranty. My impression is that music stores don't carry mu...
see more
778 Views · 24 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 06:52 AM
Gould's technique is ideal for Bach. You can see that Sokolov also has a similar approach when he is playing Bach or Rameau. By leaning forward into the piano so steeply, he brings the upper body in closer to support a higher wrist and facilitate the quick, delicate movements. It...
see more
2,959 Views · 53 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:49 AM
Sr. Guo, just a bit curious about your evaluation methods. earlier you noted that you'd eliminated two of steinway's top full size grands from your search. by most accounts, shigeru kawai closer approximates an equivalent piano, than the other product lines from kawai. further...
see more
629 Views · 8 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 06:42 AM
Originally Posted by ID5894I couldn't get anything "right" or "wrong", I also didn't say you had. That was Bennevis putting words in my mouth. I wrote a post addressed to you, hoping to round it all out with new information which I as fortunate to receive a...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 06:28 AM
Oooh I heard about those. I guess I could but I'd rather not spend more than I have to on this. Good suggestion though....
see more
266 Views · 7 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 06:28 AM
Today in this forum the page does not complete for minutes on end. At the bottom left of my Chrome browser I see a message saying "waiting for ds.dmtry.com" Now it is saying javascript: void(0). Is there a problem with this site? Ian...
see more
130 Views · 3 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:12 AM
No, James, I believe that the action on your GM-K10 is not the full Millenium III action. Its action is probably partly made of synthetic materials. All the best, Robert....
see more
221 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:03 AM
Hello James, Yes, the GX2 has a similar action, but the hammer heads of the Shigeru Kawai are of higher quality and that would make a difference. Besides, the Shigeru Kawai pianos are produced at approximately two per day and the actions are more meticulously regulated and refi...
see more
629 Views · 8 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 06:01 AM
Can you obtain past papers?...
see more
266 Views · 7 Comments
Yesterday at 05:58 AM
I agree, and my technician also thought the action should have been much easier to access. But to be fair, other than that issue, I have thoroughly enjoyed the instrument and have gotten a lot of quality practice on advanced repertoire for years without any further issues. Of cou...
see more
384 Views · 5 Comments
Yesterday at 05:54 AM
Ok, i maybe not explained well, english is not my main language. My college will organize an auction for buying these instruments,because we are a public institution and cannot buy at will. Many dealers will make their offers according to our request but our request cannot name...
see more
267 Views · 10 Comments
Yesterday at 05:53 AM
Originally Posted by MacMacMacThe models are entirely fake. 100% fake. The pianos are 100% real. And the sampled recordings of a real piano sounds real. Imperfect, yes. But very real. Can it be more obvious? You reminds me of me about 1-2 years ago, similar thoughts, and now ...
see more
2,153 Views · 52 Comments
Yesterday at 05:47 AM
My Casio piano doesn't have a year on it that I've ever noticed, but it came with a rather nice stool included in the box and the stool has a sticker under the seat that says 2013. So I assume that the piano was manufactured and packed in 2013 and sat in warehouses until I bough...
see more
778 Views · 24 Comments
MY NEW PIANO or KEYBOARD! - Share Your Story!
Yesterday at 05:43 AM
Originally Posted by tankmvCongratulation!! It looks awesome. Thank you! The wait till Saturday is making us go nuts. ...
see more
164 Views · 4 Comments
Yesterday at 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by NahumOriginally Posted by johan d Sorry Nahum, but I didn't have the same musical education as you, so your answer leaves, again, a puzzle for me. johan, maybe you should ask yourself: why do you want to learn the blues scale, and what are you going to do wit...
see more
759 Views · 22 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 05:15 AM
For those who are interested, some posts from Bernhard are compiled here. An example of a thread where he talks about this specific topic is here. I couldn't get anything "right" or "wrong", I only pointed to the fact that there are differing opinions regardi...
see more
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 05:12 AM
You should continue this in a single thread instead of posting so many new threads. The topic remains the same, your search for a new piano....
see more
221 Views · 5 Comments
Yesterday at 05:10 AM
D A G Eb D A G Eb C A F# D Eb B Ab F D A G Eb D A G Eb G Eb Ab F Gb B / Ab D Bb...
see more
134 Views · 2 Comments
Pianist Corner
Yesterday at 05:06 AM
Originally Posted by SiFi[...]Learn it and, once you've achieved mastery, Ravel in playing it! (Sorry. Going to my room in shame.) This thread has just become un-Raveled and I can't Handel it! OMG! Cheers!...
see more
184 Views · 2 Comments
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
What's Hot!!
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Kawai or Yamaha for classical music?
by James Guo. 06/27/17 10:47 PM
I hope I'm still playing...
by Retsacnal. 06/27/17 10:02 PM
Playing Some (Not All) Movements of a Piece?
by ClsscLib. 06/27/17 08:13 PM
Should I give up piano lessons
by dat77. 06/27/17 08:10 PM
Schubert impromptu in A flat major op. 90
by Tuvdun574647. 06/27/17 05:25 PM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics180,493
Posts2,639,656
Members88,206
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Check It Out!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission