Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
Find a Professional
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Advertise on Piano World

What's Hot!!
Welcome PianoTV members!
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

Who's Online Now
127 registered members (Almaviva, akc42, alphonsus, anamnesis, Adypiano, 26 invisible), 1,121 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:36 PM
Maybe the pianos at the Spanish court had pedals, but sometimes what we call the pedal was a hand-operated stop lever, so it could not be used quickly. Early pianos were a lot different from today's!...
see more
161 Views · 7 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:36 PM
Wow...that's pretty amazing....very professionally done. Osho...
see more
468 Views · 27 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by pianopiBut, Bennevis, when are you going to post some of your playing?! You have an impressive musical background, and I am sure have lots to offer (despite your self-mockery, which I am sure isn't true). You are flattering me . Seriously, my musical backg...
see more
3,465 Views · 170 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:31 PM
Thanks Rich for pinging me. I am not in the market anymore but appreciate you mentioning it. Thanks, Osho...
see more
953 Views · 10 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
Great Job!...
see more
468 Views · 27 Comments
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Yesterday at 06:23 PM
You may be out of the 45 day "return if you do not like it" period, but you are still within the warranty of 5 years. Contact the store, tell them that there is a defect and that you want it exchanged/repaired. I doubt that you would have to pay for shipping in case of ...
see more
354 Views · 13 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by pianopiBut, Bennevis, when are you going to post some of your playing?! You have an impressive musical background, and I am sure have lots to offer (despite your self-mockery, which I am sure isn't true). Not pressuring you at all - just would really like to ...
see more
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:19 PM
Any building that passes a structural building inspection will have floors that can easily support any piano. If I am not misreading the OT, this building was retrofit from factory. Factories often are built with much more floor load capacity than residential....
see more
468 Views · 27 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:15 PM
Her playing is wonderful. Scarlatti had some of Cristofori's pianos at the Spanish Royal Court, so using the damper pedal is proper performance technique. One of the YT comments was critical of her using the pedal....
see more
161 Views · 7 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by ManishPI have written the first 8 measures on a separate sheet of paper without the note names and am practicing. I would suggest you just work on the material in the book the way it is written. The author has written it in a particular manner for a reason....
see more
992 Views · 34 Comments
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
It looks like this scale has 17 notes in the overstrung section with some wound strings on the bottom of the long bridge. In this "Centennial" era it seems like each D is different from the others in some way. Some even show signs of changes post manufacturing that were...
see more
697 Views · 24 Comments
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
I think your mother should make the choice....
see more
301 Views · 9 Comments
Yesterday at 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by mcollAnybody familiar with the Korg's RH3? It's well-known, it's been used in the SV1 since 2009. It was also used in the SP-250, the 88 key versions of the M3 and M50 workstations, the 73 and 88 key versions of the Kronos/Kronos X/Kronos 2. It's also what's...
see more
1,391 Views · 30 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 06:04 PM
Please count me in! Thanks again....
see more
1,763 Views · 81 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Yesterday at 06:03 PM
Welcome to the forum Will! So, you want the actual device, not software or app that works on a phone, table or computer, right?...
see more
165 Views · 2 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 05:55 PM
Well, I'm a beginner (ish) too and am also learning my scales. What I'm doing is one at a time for no more than 15 minutes a day, as many days as it takes to get comfortable playing it hands together at 92BPM. The first one took two weeks, now I'm learning them in 2-3 days. ...
see more
580 Views · 24 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 05:53 PM
But, Bennevis, when are you going to post some of your playing?! You have an impressive musical background, and I am sure have lots to offer (despite your self-mockery, which I am sure isn't true). Not pressuring you at all - just would really like to hear something you've played...
see more
Piano Forum
Yesterday at 05:48 PM
On this piano? I thought they were nought https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54lEuZ0Ztp0...
see more
161 Views · 7 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by outoOriginally Posted by bennevisAs I had been a transfer student three times when I was a kid, I hope that none of the succeeding teachers thought I was a wreck - despite my total lack of talent....(e.g. I just managed to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?...
see more
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by pianopiOriginally Posted by bennevis https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA4FchuwhH0 Is that you playing? No - I certainly couldn't play like that at Grade 1 (nor on a harpsichord.......). I think I could manage it these days (on clavichord, harpsichord or p...
see more
Yesterday at 05:38 PM
Yes, those look long indeed. It's not the best picture to measure on, but the keys appear to be 21.5 - 22cm long (Yamaha has 21.5 I believe and Roland 22 in their top actions, notwithstanding the grantouch). The question of triple sensors and that of feel remains, but it would be...
see more
1,391 Views · 30 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 05:37 PM
AZN has way more experience with slow reading across a large number of students, so it's no surprise that he's got opinions about it. Personally, I'm only interested in correcting my own slow reading. Even if it's hopeless, I'm not ready to give up yet, so I'll keep plugging a...
see more
196 Views · 5 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
Yesterday at 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by bennevisAs I had been a transfer student three times when I was a kid, I hope that none of the succeeding teachers thought I was a wreck - despite my total lack of talent....(e.g. I just managed to play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA4FchuwhH0 after one y...
see more
Adult Beginners Forum
Yesterday at 05:35 PM
I think I can be in. I'm working on the Sarabande from the piano suite for an exam in June so it better be ready lol. I also did learn Arabesque 1 previously so I could resurrect that pice as well...
see more
755 Views · 29 Comments
Yesterday at 05:33 PM
A fairly specific face off I know. I am interested in opinions of which to buy. This is for my mother. We've been to a store and played the CLP 625 and the CLP 645 (no CLP 635 in stock). She is intent on getting a Clavinova as likes the cabinet design and wants a Yamaha. I've tri...
see more
301 Views · 9 Comments
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
CLEARANCE SPECIALS!
Save Big In our online store now

In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
SummerKeys
Maine Coast Music Vacation for Adults
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Pearl River Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Interesting eBay / CL finds
by Colin Dunn. 01/22/18 05:40 AM
Amateur piano competition
by Kenny Cheng. 01/21/18 10:22 PM
What's happening with Keith Jarrett?
by Dfrankjazz. 01/21/18 09:22 PM
What are some sites that sell used piano in europe?
by James Guo. 01/21/18 08:21 PM
Body movement at the piano
by chasingrainbows. 01/21/18 06:46 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics183,906
Posts2,689,393
Members89,491
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2018 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission