Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

Gifts and supplies for the musician

Ad
Schumann's 4th Finger
Schumann's 4th Finger Enigma Resolved
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Modern Piano Moving
Modern Piano Moving
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Spring 2017
(ad)
Lindeblad Piano
Lindeblad Piano Restorations and sales
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Who's Online
145 registered (a2mandel, Alexander Borro, alexcawley, 7uturu, 36251, 26 invisible), 2002 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers
*Organs

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Piano Books
*Piano Art, Pictures, & Posters
*Directory/Site Map
*Contest
*Links
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Screen Saver
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys: anyone tried the video's? by Richrf @ Yesterday at 04:23 PM

Yes, this is very fundamental. Slow practice of simple pieces engenders greater relaxation which in turn allows for development of body memory (body intelligence). Speed then develops naturally and effortlessly.
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Jump to new posts Re: Would you buy a white digital piano??? by JimmyDaGreek @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

All I was doing was taking a survey to figure out the popularity of a white vs black keyboard since my intent was to flip it and wondered if I was going to have it for awhile. Being sold tomorrow!
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys: anyone tried the video's? by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 04:16 PM

Thanks, J van E, for the details.
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys: anyone tried the video's? by J van E @ Yesterday at 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By PianoStudent88Was that teaching from Rachel in the book or in the video? Well, HS and HT is mentioned in the book but only in one sentence. And one or two pieces further on it is mentioned on more time, in bold print, that you s
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rhodes by Mark Cerisano @ Yesterday at 04:10 PM

Why do you make us do the extra work just to understand what you are talking about? It just gets people angry. (I should know) Please post the graphs and label them to show the difference/additive tones. Better yet, post a video explaining what you a
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Rebuild Project - Possible? by Rickster @ Yesterday at 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By cmb13Thanks for all the input, everyone. Maybe if I do find something I like, and the price is right, I'll consider it, but it is more likely that I will not tackle this project. I was just interested on the thoughts about feasib
Pianist Corner
Originally Posted By Mark_COriginally Posted By BruceD....(the posthumous one, I presume, not the Op. 27, No. 1.... That's what I figure too. It's a funny thing -- and I'm guessing you might nod about this, because I think we're sort of contemporari
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Sohmer Upright question by BWAK @ Yesterday at 03:55 PM

I have a Sohmer Upright Serial #221097 45S that I am interested in selling. Can someone help me with an approximate value?
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
Jump to new posts Schimmel Piano Guidance Needed by M Dominic @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

So I saw a post for a Schimmel 51" piano with the following description: "The piano has some smaller soundboard cracks and has already been glued at the bass string bridge for a crack. Tuning pins are lose and need work in order to hold a
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
Originally Posted By oscar1I sell and buy lot of stuff on kijiji (craiglist in canada, belongs to ebay) and also on ebay. However, last few years, selling locally become very tedious process without going extremely low in price. There is just so much
Composer's Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: End of Days, IV. The Second Coming by PrimeNumberMystic @ Yesterday at 03:43 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene @PrimeNumberMystic I find your comments really discouraging. I went back and looked at how I responded to your prelude piece to make sure I was not as condescending as this (and I wasn't). Genuine opinions are good,
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys: anyone tried the video's? by Zilthy @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

Yeah, it's a very solid method. I recently switched to not just doing a bar, but a bar + first beat of the next measure, that is helping me bridge them together a lot quicker, especially if the bar is at the end of a line and there is something diff
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Spanish-Latin American Themed Recital Sign-Up Thread by Schubertian @ Yesterday at 03:33 PM

To add to the list, quote the last entry of the list and remove the quote. Post the new list with your entries and with this red text included. Abreu, Zequinha Tico tico no fuba - Cathryn999 Albeniz, Isaac Recuerdos de Viaje, Op 71 No 6 Rumores d
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ya gotta wonder... by Aloyah @ Yesterday at 03:27 PM

Tiger parents and tiger teacher.
Pianist Corner
Jump to new posts Re: The best ever Rach 3? by bennevis @ Yesterday at 03:26 PM

Originally Posted By SvennoSokolov played Rach 3????? It used to be his 'calling card' and he performed it widely in the UK. I think I've heard three different performances from him between 1994-1998. Not anymore. He has refused to collaborate
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys: anyone tried the video's? by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

Was that teaching from Rachel in the book or in the video?
Piano Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Piano Rebuild Project - Possible? by gnuboi @ Yesterday at 03:19 PM

Or maybe first go stay at the rebuild shop for a couple days and see how that works out. Once you get a junker home, good luck getting it out
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by PianoStudent88 @ Yesterday at 03:17 PM

Things that could work against me trusting someone: Not being believed when I offer an explanation for why I don't like something. Having my emotions and way of expressing myself dismissed rather than looking for deeper causes. Having my music dis
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

I often start out the learning of a piece by asking the student -- "if you had to teach this piece to your brother (sister, mom, dad, etc.) what would you tell them?" It gets them to think about time sig, key sig, patterns, intervals, etc.
Piano Forum
Times change and so do taste. I believe Bach would come to love all the music that came after him. Some of the classic rock is rather "Bach" that he would have no trouble relating to them. There's plenty of garbage music these days of co
Adult Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Fundamental Keys: anyone tried the video's? by J van E @ Yesterday at 03:15 PM

Wow. Another small addition to my ongoing story: this evening I finally decided to give in and instead of stubbornly play the next new tune with both hands at full speed in one time, just to see if I can pull it off, I played it as instructed by Ra
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

Hi keystring, thanks for the last line! Being insecure myself on occasion, I wondered who you were speaking of.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by chasingrainbows @ Yesterday at 03:12 PM

Thank you Saranoya for such a introspective post. I have a habit (right or wrong) of assuring my students that I still do hands separate practice, sometimes I play with tight shoulders, I make mistakes, I've had wonderful performances and ones tha
Pianist Corner
Yes. For example, check out this thread.
Piano Teachers Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need help with special needs by Saranoya @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By Morodiene [...] it's still worthwhile to ask her outright. She may not be aware of her behavior and how it comes across, and lessons may be very important to her. If so, a questions like, "Do you like playing piano" and
Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
(ad)
Pearl River
Pearl River Pianos
What's Hot!!
New Forums Location & New Piano World Site
---------------------
Why Do You Play The Piano?
-------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE
on Piano World

-------------------
Piano Classified Ads
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

(ad)
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player!
Sweetwater Hiring Keyboard Player
(ad)
Pianoteq
Grotrian Concert
Royal
for Pianoteq out now
(ad)
A. Geyer Pianos
A. Geyer Pianos
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World) our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Piano Lamp LED

Free Shipping on Jansen Artist Piano Benches
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Visited Tokyo, Took Pictures of Lots of Keyboards
by HSFlik
04/26/17 11:07 AM
What are you working on?
by Bobby Badd
04/26/17 10:47 AM
A 'Single' Note That Sounds Different When Moving Your Ears
by SonatainfSharp
04/26/17 09:52 AM
Anyone familiar with the Hal Leonard Jazz Piano Method?
by joename
04/26/17 09:52 AM
My latest visit to Piano Restorations in the UK
by joe80
04/26/17 05:35 AM
(ad)
Sheet Music Plus
Sheet Music Plus Featured Sale
Forum Stats
87,506 Registered Members
44 Forums
179,212 Topics
2,619,306 Posts

Most users ever online: 15,252 @ 03/21/10 11:39 PM

Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
|
Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission