Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 2.5 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
What's Hot!!
Posting Pictures on the Forums
-------------------
Forums RULES & HELP
-------------------
ADVERTISE on Piano World
(125ad)
Piano Life Saver - Dampp Chaser
Dampp Chaser Piano Life Saver
(ad)
Piano Buyer Guide
Piano Buyer Fall 2017
Who's Online Now
93 registered members (Almaviva, alphonsus, ando, B.Augmented, anotherscott, 25 invisible), 1,830 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
(ad)
Estonia Pianos
Estonia Pianos
Quick Links to Useful Piano & Music Resources
Our Classified Ads
Find Piano Professionals-

*Piano Dealers - Piano Stores
*Piano Tuners
*Piano Teachers
*Piano Movers
*Piano Restorations
*Piano Manufacturers

Quick Links:
*Advertise On Piano World
*Free Piano Newsletter
*Online Piano Recitals
*Piano Recitals Index
*Piano & Music Accessories
*Live Piano Venues
*Music School Listings
* Buying a Piano
*Buying A Acoustic Piano
*Buying a Digital Piano
*Pianos for Sale
*Sell Your Piano
*How Old is My Piano?
*Directory/Site Map
*Virtual Piano
*Music Word Search
*Piano Videos
*Virtual Piano Chords & Scales
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Digital Pianos - Synths & Keyboards
11 minutes ago
I know nothing about the Stagg or Hercules, but when people here in the forum ask for a hydraulic bench, I always plug the Andexinger bench as an option (not because I'm affiliated with them, but just because I have one and are very happy with it). Available for example at Thoman...
see more
43 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Teachers Forum
13 minutes ago
You are a professional running a business, not sharing a lunch bill with friends. You are worth what you charge. (probably considerably more) Of course you would count it. Of course they expect you to. Unless it's a case where those relationship lines are getting blurred a b...
see more
85 Views · 3 Comments
16 minutes ago
Thanks for your impressions. I recently played a 685 as well and for a good 30 minutes too. I tried the CFX only. While I liked it (good sound, quite realistic action) I thought there was something artificial about it, which I really could not pinpoint at. I agree the furniture i...
see more
143 Views · 2 Comments
28 minutes ago
I started thinking recently about premium digital pianos - CS-type of pianos and hybrid pianos. Maybe hybrids are different story because they offer you real action so nobody would say he was expecting a better action. However regarding sound technology and (non-real) hammer-act...
see more
20,782 Views · 305 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
1 hour ago
Wooohoooo! Big congrats for you, Cheryl. I don't think anyone has worked harder than you have to overcome the performance anxieties that many of us experience..... all those recitals , piano parties....always facing the difficulty head on. And now you have tamed the beast! ...
see more
33,738,915 Views · 9,387 Comments
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by David MacobGuys ... (dmd is going to kill me lol), I bought the ES8 one hour ago. Got too good price to say no. I guess I had some tiny part in this purchase so congratulations are in order! I'm quite sure you won't regret the purchase. It's a great piece...
see more
1,483 Views · 38 Comments
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by peterws And I like the look o' the Yamahas, and CA/CN Kawais. Until I measured 'em. And I thought back to the older days of the CLP Clavs, and realised how neat they looked when they made their presence felt in the 80's. And, of course, they sounded so goo...
see more
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by OshoThe action was interesting and felt very different than the other actions I have tried on 500 series before.. The 'interesting' part about the action was that it seemed heavy - but in an odd way (I can't really describe it). I can see some people really l...
see more
143 Views · 2 Comments
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by madshiThere's no confusion, just the overall sentiment that the majority of users here would really like to buy CS9/12 instead of CA78/98 *now*, not 15 months from now. Currently we have the choice between "old tech but pretty" and "new tech bu...
see more
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by madshiThere's no confusion, just the overall sentiment that the majority of users here would really like to buy CS9/12 instead of CA78/98 *now*, not 15 months from now. Currently we have the choice between "old tech but pretty" and "new tech bu...
see more
Pianist Corner
1 hour ago
Shostakovich....
see more
185 Views · 5 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Gary D.Originally Posted by MorodieneOriginally Posted by PotleaHello everyone, I'm working on Scarlatti Sonata B minor k 27 for my ATCL exam. I have 2 editions, one is digital download from Classical which shows smooth pedalling from m. 11. The other is Urt...
see more
406 Views · 13 Comments
Piano Tuner-Technicians Forum
1 hour ago
Thanks Ed, I have done that at times when the piano warrants it and this piano warrants it. But I was looking for a formula for this procedure because I don't recall ever seeing one published. Keith, I've done a number of Yamahas over the years and they have all had about a ...
see more
116 Views · 4 Comments
1 hour ago
Does anyone own this Stagg PBH 780 BKP VBK Hydraulic Piano Bench ? Need something more for home, not gigs. Not stellar web feedback on them. I believe the same person who wrote the blog posted the youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Z4ipQL9cw https://arioso7.wordpre...
see more
43 Views · 1 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
1 hour ago
Thanks for the feedback on my submission , To answer a few or more questions in the feedback comments : Monica K. Ralph L., Lotus in Blue, SMA55, SwissMS, cmb13, peterws …thank you very much for your kind comments, they are motivating and I use these like comments wh...
see more
2,518 Views · 110 Comments
Adult Beginners Forum
2 hours ago
31. AZ_Astro - Pastorale from the Petit Trianon Suite I really enjoyed the way you played that piece. (I also had fun watching the video and reading the score along with you.) Nice work! 32. Sam S - Prelude and Fugue in c minor from book 1 of the WTC Wow, Sam - what an achieveme...
see more
2,518 Views · 110 Comments
Piano Forum
2 hours ago
I've been playing a Kawai CS10 for about a year. My teacher really wanted me to get a "real" piano, so I got a 1929 Steinway "L" for a very decent price. It was refurbished in 1998 with bigger pins, new strings etc. I LOVE it!! However , the action is quite a ...
see more
40 Views · 0 Comments
FAQ - Piano Forum
2 hours ago
The oldest posts seem to officially get going around 2001. But there are posts dating back to 1969! That’s probably an error from the beginning setup. If you go directly to any forum you’ll see all pages, back through time, listed at the top and bottom. When I’m bored I li...
see more
31 Views · 1 Comments
Piano Forum
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by NelsthepianoplayerWhen I play piano I turn my Phonacs down as far as I can...which seems to me to be equal to taking them off. Otherwise the music is too loud and too tinny. I have needed aids for 5 or more years now. When I first got my "new to me&qu...
see more
1,322 Views · 24 Comments
Piano Forum
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by malkinOriginally Posted by harpsichorder...I really wonder if these devices mess with what's left of your "normal" hearing. In any case, there seems to be a re-adjustment period after turning them off, so I try to give myself time to adjust... Yes ...
see more
1,322 Views · 24 Comments
3 hours ago
That's pretty hard, I currently only have a very very old plastic keyboard with a bad non-weighted action. Maybe I'll buy something decent but cheap to hold me over until CS9/12 arrive....
see more
3 hours ago
Okay, I guess you'll just have to practice waiting then ...
see more
3 hours ago
There's no confusion, just the overall sentiment that the majority of users here would really like to buy CS9/12 instead of CA78/98 *now*, not 15 months from now. Currently we have the choice between "old tech but pretty" and "new tech but not as pretty", and ...
see more
4 hours ago
As I understand it: The CS series is just the CA series with a superior design. The CA series is just the same as the CS models, but made for people, who don't want to pay a premium just for the looks. And there's always a few months gap until the according CS models are released...
see more
4 hours ago
You mean the keybed range is not continuous? Goes up from 40 but skips 48? Yes, this looks like Italian engineering... Probably another thing they didn't think through, just like the leaking batteries. And 3 different NoteOn messages? Well, maybe there is some logic to it. Is ...
see more
74,109 Views · 122 Comments
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Piano Acc. & Gift Items in
Piano World's Online Store
In PianoSupplies.com ,(a division of Piano World)
our online store for piano and music gifts and accessories, Digital Piano Dolly, party goods, tuning equipment, piano moving equipment, benches, lamps Caster Cups and more.

Free Shipping* on Jansen Artist Piano Benches, Cocoweb Piano Lamps, Hidrau Hydraulic Piano Benches
(*free shipping within contiguous U.S. only)
(ad)
Pearl River & Ritmuller
Ritmuller Pianos
(ad)
Pianoteq
PianoTeq 6 Out now
ad
Pierce Piano Atlas

New Topics - Multiple Forums
Piano benches - Stagg, Hercules , etc.
by Dave Ferris. 11/21/17 06:48 AM
Arthritis and Action Adjustments?
by harpsichorder. 11/21/17 05:59 AM
Yamaha CLP-685 brief impressions
by Osho. 11/21/17 01:02 AM
Counting clients' cash
by Candywoman. 11/21/17 01:01 AM
non western instruments in the menu ?
by huaidongxi. 11/21/17 12:48 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics182,865
Posts2,673,252
Members89,166
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010
(ad)
Accu-Tuner
Sanderson Accu-Tuner
Check It Out!
There's a lot more to Piano World than just the forums.
Click Here to
Explore The Rest of Piano World!!
Visit our online store for gifts for music lovers

Help keep the forums up and running with a donation, any amount is appreciated!
Or by becoming a Subscribing member! Thank-you.
Donate   Subscribe

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations | Pianos For Sale | Sell Your Piano |

Advertise on Piano World
| Subscribe | Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map | Free Newsletter |

copyright 1997 - 2017 Piano World ® all rights reserved
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission