2022 our 25th year online!

Welcome to the Piano World Piano Forums
Over 3 million posts about pianos, digital pianos, and all types of keyboard instruments.
Over 100,000 members from around the world.
Join the World's Largest Community of Piano Lovers (it's free)
It's Fun to Play the Piano ... Please Pass It On!

SEARCH
Piano Forums & Piano World
(ad)
Who's Online Now
69 members (Barly, 1957, btcomm, brennbaer, Animisha, bobrunyan, 1200s, 36251, 13 invisible), 1,916 guests, and 360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Welcome to the general discussion thread for the Piano Transcriptions Recital!

Please use this thread for any discussion of the performances. Feel free to comment on any or all individual pieces. Some members offer comments on each submission individually; others offer general congratulations. Either approach is appropriate. Feel free to offer more specific, technical feedback if the participant had indicated that technical feedback was welcome.

For those who wish to comment on all pieces, a copy and paste template for offering feedback can be found here:
Piano Transcriptions Recital Response Template

Please use this thread only to discuss recital performances. If you have any comments or suggestions about ways to make the recital process better, please start a separate thread.

Enjoy the recital!

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
W
wr Offline
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
W
01. KevinM - Mad World

An atmospheric beginning to the recital. One of the great things about these recitals is how I am exposed to things I would probably never come across otherwise, such as this piece, which was enjoyable to hear for the first time.

02. Sam S - Oblivion

Very nicely done, both of you! You are right, the sound of the clarinet's reed makes it a natural for playing bandoneon stuff. Technical comment: a bit more emphasis of the rhythms in the piano part wouldn't hurt, to create more motion.

03. pianist685 (Constantin) - Intermezzo from "Notre Dame"

Good handling of those thick orchestral textures!

04. pianist685 (Constantin) - Fantomas se dechaine

I really admire the ability and motivation that goes into doing your own transcription. The result is lovely.

05. Jason Lenthe - Space Oddity

Love the claps, and the story behind them!! Good job putting the whole piece together.

06. Tim Adrianson - Pavane

Such a great piece. Thanks for playing it. The pizzicato strings as played by a piano staccato could be even lighter - that's very difficult to do, though. I'd never thought of the influence of this piece on Ravel's Pavane for a Dead Princess until I heard you playing this - now it seems obvious.

07. Tim Adrianson - Sicilienne Op 78

Another wonderful piece of Faure's. You caught the character of it quite well, and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to it.

08. Tim Adrianson - The Black Dress

Wow, great arrangement, well played!

09. Tim Adrianson - Evening

Beautiful playing, excellent arranging. You have a real talent for it..

10. Lilypad - Afro-Cuban Lullaby

It's great how you could turn the guitar arrangement into a perfectly fine piano piece. I'd never guess it wasn't written for piano in the first place. Nice playing of it, too.

11. Tim Adrianson - Passacaglia in C Minor Part 2 (Fugue) (to do) & 12. Tim Adrianson - Passacaglia in C minor Part 1 (Variations)/arranged Fazil Say

My goodness, what a monumental undertaking to do this! I'm impressed.

I was surprised to see that Fazil Say had done an arrangement of this music, since there were a number of other piano arrangements of it already. But this one sounds more playable than some of the others that I have heard or read through. The grandeur of the piece seems to make some arrangers go a little overboard, I think.

Okay, I'm calling it a night. More comments to come in the next few days.

And thanks to Sam for making it happen!!

Last edited by wr; 04/16/21 12:19 AM.
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Really enjoying the first few pieces I have listened to so far. So well done! I want to keep listening but really need to get some sleep. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Can I just say, WOW!!! Fantastic job to everyone! I loved all these pieces. I had only ever heard two other performers pieces.(I'm sure you could guess which ones 😉) That was such a delight!

I obviously don't have any technical feedback but I loved everyone's pieces!

01. KevinM - Mad World
I love this song! I think it came out lovely and was totally worth all the work!

02. Sam S - Oblivion
I LOVED seeing you two play this together! So adorable, how fun that must be.

Just beautiful!! It makes me want to go and find that opera to hear more!
This was fantastic!! I think this was such an awesome thing to do. I love that you were able to bring this back to life so it isn't completely forgotten.

AWESOME!! This was so epic. I'm so happy you finally finished it! And what a great story to go along with it. I've love this song for as long as I can remember and it was so nice to hear.

Alas, I've run out of time on my lunch break. I'll be back with more comments at the end of the day!

Last edited by Emily2Lame; 04/16/21 03:46 PM.

[Linked Image]
K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
A brief note for Sam, this recital is not yet showing in the list of recitals. The individual pieces are there.

02. Sam S - Oblivion
It is rightly named Oblivion. I need to hear more Piazzolla. I loved this Sam, especially when you were the support for the clarinet, the combination really created a fantastic atmosphere.

Constantin, your playing is always wonderful and this is no exception. Really enjoyed this and your right the recording by the Frankfurt Radio Symphony Orchestra is stunning.

Once again excellent playing, and what a demonstration when comparing to your submission at 3, what a versatile instrument the piano is. The range of atmosphere you have been able to create is something.

I was really looking forward to hearing this, and I wasn't disappointed. Captures the feeling of longing and loneliness from the original so well. I love the story behind the claps. Enjoyed watching you play, there seems calm assurance with your playing and you look very at home with your piano.

K
2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
K
06. Tim Adrianson - Pavane

I wasn't going to do this one, this evening but the player went straight into it and I was captivated. This is wonderful. I don't know how you achieved the soft kind of staccato that I think helps to give the piece its distinctiveness. It works so well and I guess requires a lot of skill to achieve.

First off, thank you to sr, KevinM, and Emily2Lame for the very kind comments on my piece. You guys made my day. And now for my first round of (mostly un-insightful) comments.

01. KevinM - Mad World Very nicely done! This is one of those songs that, as a child of the 80s, I can recognize immediately, but wouldn't have known the title or artist. I went back and listened to the original for comparison and I think your very pianistic interpretation is perfect. It shows how a piano arrangement really distills a piece down to its abstract essentials. You only have 2 hands yet you have to try be drums, vocals, guitar, and sythesizer effects all in one. You effectively used subtleties in dynamics and articulation to replicate the feeling of the original on piano. This is an excellent opening number for the transcription recital.

02. Sam S - Oblivion A deep and dark piece. Enjoyed it a lot. Loved the dynamics.

03. pianist685 (Constantin) - Intermezzo from "Notre Dame" Beautiful!

04. pianist685 (Constantin) - Fantomas se dechaine Wow! Its really impressive that you were able to transcribe this piece and even have a complete score for it.

06. Tim Adrianson - Pavane Fantastic! I love the staccato playing in the left hand.

07. Tim Adrianson - Sicilienne Op 78 I am fairly unfamiliar with Faure, so this pair of pieces was an excellent introduction for me. I will be sure to listen to the original orchestral versions sometime soon.

08. Tim Adrianson - The Black Dress This is a really wonderful arrangement. Great job!

09. Tim Adrianson - Evening Fascinating piece! I love the cluster chords. I'd glad you included the poem. I enjoyed reading it along with the music.

10. Lilypad - Afro-Cuban Lullaby This really works for me and shows just how versatile the piano is. Great job!

V
vte Offline
V
What a wonderful recital! Thank you to everyone who participated. I greatly enjoyed hearing all of you playing. Some of my comments are below:

13. Snejana - Piano Concerto in A Minor I also enjoy listening to Grieg too. You played this very beautifully.

16. Beemer/Ian Jackson - Waltz No2 from Jazz Suite no2 One of my favorite pieces. Thank you for the wonderful performance. It really made me want to dance smile

22. winterflower - Sonntagslied very beautifully played -- I enjoyed your dynamics. And thank you for posting the lyrics too, how interesting.

28. PikaPianist - L'Heure Exquise/The Exquisite Hour Such a beautiful, elegant, tranquil piece. I really love it.

29. EVC2017 (Elder - yes, this is my given name smile ) - King of Pain Nice transcription! Such an interesting piece. I greatly enjoyed listening to it.

35. MaryBee - Arioso Very lovely -- you did such a fantastic job. I also enjoyed the not so fast pace that you were playing.

2000 Post Club Member
2000 Post Club Member
Had a run through this morning during a slow breakfast. Once again, you wouldn't think it is a group of amateurs. I left a couple of comments on YouTube vids.

We really enjoyed this! Perfect while eating breakfast in the sun. I might have to subscribe to MuseScore, I'd like to give a try some day smile

♯ ♮ ♭ ø ° Δ ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Yamaha C3X
YouTube
[Linked Image]

Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
I'm out camping, sitting under the awning on my little trailer, with my phone as a hotspot, listening to the recital. Hooray for modern technology!

I started at the end and worked backwards - I'll pick up the first 10 later.

Such an outstanding recital. There is so much great music transcribed and arranged for piano that many people miss. When I was at college, transcriptions were not allowed.

Anyway here are some comments!

11. Tim Adrianson - Passacaglia in C Minor Part 2 (Fugue)
12. Tim Adrianson - Passacaglia in C minor Part 1 (Variations)/arranged Fazil Say Very impressive Tim. I can't imagine learning this whole thing, and being able to play it so well. Thanks so much for playing it for us!

13. Snejana - Piano Concerto in A Minor Many years ago when I was a kid, and all we had were records (and only a few of those), I had an album with this concerto on one side. I played it over and over, so it has become part of my musical "language" - I really like this arrangement. Well done!

14. vte - Sarabande Op 5 No 7 I have found a bunch of interesting music from Pianist magazine. Excellent for only a coupld of years of playing. Well done!

15. Kepijapa - Standchen (Serenade) D 957 No. 4 So much angst over your playing - it sounded wonderful - we are not expecting perfection. You played much better than I could manage. The important thing about the tempo is that you make it convincing, and I think you did. Wonderful!

16. Beemer/Ian Jackson - Waltz No2 from Jazz Suite no2 I never knew this was by Shostakovich - well done!

17. Beemer/Ian Jackson - Salut d'Amour I love this piece! My wife and I did a clarinet/piano version. Excellent!

18. Tim Adrianson - An American in Paris Part 2 Wonderful Tim - sounds like such fun to play!
19. Tim Adrianson - An American in Paris (Part 1)

20. pianist685 (Constantin) - Rhapsody in Blue Themes Very cool - loved it!

21. Emily2Lame - Married Life Well, I've never seen the movie, but I liked the music. Well done!

22. winterflower - Sonntagslied Interesting. Well done!

23. winterflower - Polonaise KK IVa #5 in b flat minor I never knew this was Rossini/Chopin - thanks for teaching me something! Impressive!

24. winterflower - Scarborough Fair One of my favorite songs - well done!

25. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - BWV 974 - Adagio Wonderful - I have played this too - love the sound of the new piano!

26. Greta99 - Berceuse I have never heard of this composer or piece, but it sounds great! Very soothing...

27. Greta99 - Siciliano from Flute Sonata No. 2, BWV 1031 I love the flute sonatas - my wife has played these on recorder. Excellent!

28. PikaPianist - L'Heure Exquise/The Exquisite Hour Wonderful playing, recording, and video!

29. EVC2017 (Elder - yes, this is my given name smile ) - King of Pain Well done - very impressive that you transcribed it yourself!

30. ZoeCalgary - Rondeau - From Suite de Symphonies No. 1 Very cool - as soon as you started to play i recognized the piece. Well done!

31. wr - Chaconne (from 1st Suite in E flat) You are bringing back memories now. I also played the suite in band, and it is one of my all-time favorites. This is definitely going on my bucket list! Thanks so much for playing this! Now, where do I get the transcription?

32. wr - Gavotte (from Hamlet), op. 77bis How odd. Sounds like a lot of fun to play! Excellent!

33. wr - Chorale Prelude - Es ist ein Ros' entsprungen, op. 122 no. 8 I have never even heard of these, so thanks for sharing. Wonderful!

34. jazzyprof - Sheep may safely graze I love this one too - so many gems in Bach transcriptions. Sounds great!

35. MaryBee - Arioso I love this melody - I have heard it in so many different forms. Just lovely, and your new piano sounds great.

Sam

Back to School at 62: How I earned a BM degree in Piano Performance/Piano Pedagogy in my retirement!
ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
Sam S Offline OP
6000 Post Club Member
OP Offline
6000 Post Club Member
Another wonderful themed recital - so many of the ones we have had recently have been outstanding!

01. KevinM - Mad World Very enjoyable. I don't know the composer or composition, but it was a nice listen.

03. pianist685 (Constantin) - Intermezzo from "Notre Dame" Very impressive - sounds very passionate and volatile.

04. pianist685 (Constantin) - Fantomas se dechaine Outstanding work transcribing this - Excellent.

05. Jason Lenthe - Space Oddity Very impressed that you did your own arrangement - very cool.

06. Tim Adrianson - Pavane Very effective Tim - and skillfully done.

07. Tim Adrianson - Sicilienne Op 78 Excellent playing Tim!

08. Tim Adrianson - The Black Dress Very effective Tim, I could clearly hear the mood shift.

09. Tim Adrianson - Evening The clusters were very effective - everything seemed to fit the poem.

10. Lilypad - Afro-Cuban Lullaby Very well done - wonderful arrangement!

That's all!
Sam

ABF Online Recitals
ABF Recital Index
P
Pianist685
Unregistered
Pianist685
Unregistered
P
01 KevinM - Mad World Ah, yes, this sounds familiar. Your VSL Bösendorfer sounds very realistic, even better than my Galaxy Vintage D. Alas, according to info in the internet, all the VSL pianos need powerful computers and come with a gigantic library, so they might not be an option for my cheap 299 € notebook…

02 SamS – Oblivion I enjoyed this wonderful version for clarinet and piano very much for reasons… First, my second instrument was the clarinet, indeed, and although I am not playing it anymore I can still figure out what Tootles is playing. Second, some decades ago, I tried playing a bandoneon I borrowed from a former colleague, and that was a rather interesting experience. Its sound is so much superior to an accordion, and there are no “primitive” preset chord buttons, you have to “assemble” chords from single notes just like you do on the piano, and in principle it is possible to play anything on that instrument. Furthermore, each button gives a different note whether you press or pull the bellows… I admire those who can play this very difficult instrument.

05 JasonLenthe – Space Oddity Some nice early David Bowie from the long ago… I watched the first moon landing at the age of 4 in my grandparents’ apartment and had never heard of David Bowie at that time.

06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12, 18, 19 Tim Adrianson Your contributions are always so impressive. Yes, I knew Fauré’s Sicilienne before. And the Passacaglia by Bach is really fantastic!

13 Snejana – Piano Concerto A minor (Grieg) Fantastic! Such a transcription is perfect when you do not have an orchestra in your living room to play the accompaniment. Well, “Music minus one” might be an option…

21 Emily2Lame – Married Life Congratulations on this perfect rendition. It is really impressive what you have achieved after only 6 months of playing.

25 bSharp(C)yclist – Adagio BWV974 I always like it whenever somebody plays this piece, can’t get enough of it. It is so captivating.

26, 27 Greta 99 The Berceuse by Illyinski was new to me, thanks for introducing this little gem in G-flat major. Those transcriptions of Baroque music by Wilhelm Kempff are always very nice and fun to play. Kempff’s work is extensive, there is so much to be discovered.

8000 Post Club Member
8000 Post Club Member
Just getting started listening, really wonderful pieces everyone!!!

As for myself, my apologies for committing to apiece and nit following through. Just not enough time in the day! I plan to record it for the May ABF.

In the meantime, I am REALLY enjoying this recital!!

Started piano June 1999.
Proud owner of a Yamaha C2

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I ended up busy Friday/Saturday but I made my way back. I wanted to say thank you to those who commented on my piece! Also, big thanks to Sam for putting these things together. I had so much fun, this was my first time playing for anyone outside my family/teacher. I can't wait until next months recital!!

06. Tim Adrianson - Pavane 07. Tim Adrianson - Sicilienne Op 78 08. Tim Adrianson - The Black Dress 09. Tim Adrianson - Evening 11. Tim Adrianson - Passacaglia in C Minor Part 2 (Fugue) 12. Tim Adrianson - Passacaglia in C minor Part 1 (Variations)/arranged Fazil Say 18. Tim Adrianson - An American in Paris Part 2 19. Tim Adrianson - An American in Paris (Part 1) WOW! Tim, these were so awesome. I was amazed! All of these pieces were stunning! This much have taken so long to get done, great job.

10. Lilypad - Afro-Cuban Lullaby
This piece us so much fun! How awesome you transcribed it yourself! Fantastic job!

13. Snejana - Piano Concerto in A Minor
I loved this one! Awesome job! I've played a few arrangements by Jennifer Eklund and I agree, she seems to be really good at making pieces approachable for beginners.

14. vte - Sarabande Op 5 No 7
Extremely well done! The dynamics were so good! I think you played amazingly.

15. Kepijapa - Standchen (Serenade) D 957 No. 4
Beautiful piece! Made me sad I'd never heard it till now. I think it was worth all the work, thank you for playing it!

16. Beemer/Ian Jackson - Waltz No2 from Jazz Suite no2 17. Beemer/Ian Jackson - Salut d'Amour
Awesome job! Both these pieces were so fun and well played! Congrats on your ASBRM distinction as well!!

20. pianist685 (Constantin) - Rhapsody in Blue Themes I loved this one!! Fantastic job! I'd heard of the piece before but never actually heard it till now, I'm glad I got to hear it!

22. winterflower - Sonntagslied 23. winterflower - Polonaise KK IVa #5 in b flat minor 24. winterflower - Scarborough Fair Great job!!! I especially liked Scarborough fair, so much fun. Awesome job on all three pieces!!

25. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - BWV 974 - Adagio
Great job! I loved the addition of the video, watching you play was so much fun.

26. Greta99 - Berceuse 27. Greta99 - Siciliano from Flute Sonata No. 2, BWV 1031 I fell completely in love with Berceuse!
Made me want to learn this one. Fantastic job on both pieces!!

28. PikaPianist - L'Heure Exquise/The Exquisite Hour
Exquisite to say the least! Absolutely fantastic! Thanks for the addition of watching you play!

29. EVC2017 (Elder - yes, this is my given name smile ) - King of Pain I love this one!! Awesome job!

30. ZoeCalgary - Rondeau - From Suite de Symphonies No. 1
This is a fun one! Sounds like you had a good time playing it. Makes me want to watch pride and prejudice or something like it! Great job!

31. wr - Chaconne (from 1st Suite in E flat) 32. wr - Gavotte (from Hamlet), op. 77bis 33. wr - Chorale Prelude - Es ist ein Ros' entsprungen, op. 122 no. 8 I loved all three of your pieces!! I can see why Chaconne has stuck with you, it is wonderful.

34. jazzyprof - Sheep may safely graze
I love it! I think we're definitely our harshest critics, you played great! I love that you kept the promise even though you couldn't get a recording you were happy with. Keep up the good work!

35. MaryBee - Arioso
Recording definitely brings out the perfectionist in most people, with live playing you only get the one chance! Anyway, I thought you did a great job on an awesome piece!

[Linked Image]
Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
Thank you Sam for all you do to makes these happen. Thanks to all for your submissions, so wonderful to listen to. And finally thanks to all who commented on my piece so far. It is so fun to hear people's thoughts/reactions. Below are some of my comments on some pieces.

01. KevinM - Mad World Kevin, I really enjoyed this piece. It is very nicely done. I thought the sound of your piano was great too.

02. Sam S - Oblivion Sam! This was wonderful. What a soulful and beautiful piece. I really loved the piano/clarinet combination and it was so nicely played!

03. pianist685 (Constantin) - Intermezzo from "Notre Dame" Constantin, beautiful as always!

04. pianist685 (Constantin) - Fantomas se dechaine Constantin, this was so nice and I thought a great transcription you've done.

05. Jason Lenthe - Space Oddity (to do) Jason, very nice, so glad you recorded this with the claps. Overall very well done and with the claps they were perfect! Thanks for sharing that memory!

06. Tim Adrianson - Pavane Tim all your playing is most excellent. I am not familiar with any of these pieces but enjoyed hearing them. My favorite was this first one. I really liked it. It is a very interesting piece with its distinct parts.
07. Tim Adrianson - Sicilienne Op 78 Tim, another wonderful piece new to me. I thought your transcriptions were great.
08. Tim Adrianson - The Black Dress, 9. Evening For evening thanks for sharing the music and the poem.

10. Lilypad - Afro-Cuban Lullaby (to do) Lilypad - A very pleasurable listen. Neat idea to take this from your guitar book and turn it into a piano piece. I loved it.

Z
500 Post Club Member
500 Post Club Member
Z
A few more comments starting from the end this time.

29. EVC2017 (Elder - yes, this is my given name smile ) - King of Pain Elder, this is one of my favorite songs. Your transcription was great and the playing was too!

31. wr - Chaconne (from 1st Suite in E flat) wr, new to me and thoroughly enjoyed. Loved the dramatic ending. Great idea to revisit old favorites from school days.
32. wr - Gavotte (from Hamlet), op. 77bis wr, also new to me, I enjoyed the fun and playfulness of this piece.
33. wr - Chorale Prelude - Es ist ein Ros' entsprungen, op. 122 no. 8 wr, this is a beautiful piece and so peacefully played.

34. jazzyprof - Sheep may safely graze jazzyprof, I thought this was very nice. Thanks for submitting it even though you felt it wasn't ready!

35. MaryBee - Arioso Your playing, and your piano are both beautiful. Great job on the recording!

P
Pianist685
Unregistered
Pianist685
Unregistered
P
22, 23 winterflower I should have listened to “Sonntagslied” yesterday, what a pity, today is Monday. Your interpretation is wonderful and perfect, and I like the sound of the Pianoteq Grotrian Steinweg grand. The early Polonaise by Chopin is interesting, I had not heard it before. He wrote is as a souvenir for his school friend before he left for summer vacation. Scarborough Fair is fine as well but less impressive as a song.

28 PikaPianist – L’heure exquise This is a fantastic transcription you made. And the song is really rather pleasant and captures the romantic mood of the moonlight reflecting on a pond in a perfect manner. The final low c is stunning!

30 ZoeCalgary – Rondeau (Mouret) Fine, this merry piece of Baroque music put me in a good mood.

31, 32, 33 wr I knew neither of these 3 pieces, thanks for letting me discover some very interesting music. Gustav Holst wrote romantic music at a time when people would focus on styles like impressionism, modernism, post-romanticism and neo-classicism. The Gavotte by Prokofiev fits into that genre. The Brahms/Busoni is very calm and contemplative. I only knew “Es ist ein Ros entsprungen” as a German Christmas Carol with a completely different melody.

35 MaryBee – Arioso (Bach/Pirani) Oh, yes, I knew that tune without being able to tell what it was. This is so melodic and pleasant to listen to. Congratulations on your new grand piano. The mordents and ornaments you added in the repetitions fit perfectly. I do like your soft left hand. This is the piece I like best in this recital, I just downloaded the sheet music and will try it myself over the next days.

Some more comments from me:

28. PikaPianist - L'Heure Exquise/The Exquisite Hour Quite lovely! I hear you on the difficult fingering decisions too, but I think you pulled it off quite nicely. Also great video with multiple views of your hands!

29. EVC2017 (Elder - yes, this is my given name smile ) - King of Pain Fantastic job! I've always like the Police. I also really like the ending that you added on. I've come to see the fade-out endings that many pop songs have as kind of cheap way to end a song, but it gives us the challenge of coming up with our own endings when we play live. Your ending was really fabulous.

30. ZoeCalgary - Rondeau - From Suite de Symphonies No. 1 Awesome! Very dignified. I never knew who composed this piece.

31. wr - Chaconne (from 1st Suite in E flat) Very nice with a powerful ending!

32. wr - Gavotte (from Hamlet), op. 77bis Loved it! It seems very much stylistically like the Prokofiev pieces that I am familiar with.

33. wr - Chorale Prelude - Es ist ein Ros' entsprungen, op. 122 no. 8 Beautiful! I love introspective pieces.

34. jazzyprof - Sheep may safely graze This is a great piece and your performance was therapeutic to listen to after a long day. I would really like to learn this piece myself at some point.

35. MaryBee - Arioso Beautiful performance! And congratulations on the new piano. I really like the sound of it.

W
wr Offline
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
W
Originally Posted by Sam S
31. wr - Chaconne (from 1st Suite in E flat) You are bringing back memories now. I also played the suite in band, and it is one of my all-time favorites. This is definitely going on my bucket list! Thanks so much for playing this! Now, where do I get the transcription?

Sam

You can get it here - https://app.box.com/s/117y4lpwv1kqgt463w4h9ujn6cid2at4

It's not described as a piano transcription, but there's a bracketed note that can be left out in the chaconne if the stretch on the piano is too large, so I figure that it must have been intended as a piano transcription. The other two movements might not be - there's some more or less unplayable stuff in the second, especially.

W
wr Offline
9000 Post Club Member
9000 Post Club Member
W
13. Snejana - Piano Concerto in A Minor

That's a charming arrangement, very nicely played.

14. vte - Sarabande Op 5 No 7

Good job!

15. Kepijapa - Standchen (Serenade) D 957 No. 4

I thought you did the "singing" very well. It is a thoroughly enjoyable performance.

16. Beemer/Ian Jackson - Waltz No2 from Jazz Suite no2

Fun to listen to this - so not like most Shostakovich.

17. Beemer/Ian Jackson - Salut d'Amour

Ah! Sweetness.

18. Tim Adrianson - An American in Paris

It's a cool transcription, fun to hear.

20. pianist685 (Constantin) - Rhapsody in Blue Themes

Nicely done!

21. Emily2Lame - Married Life

Sounds perfect to me - I enjoyed listening.

22. winterflower - Sonntagslied

Lovely,

23. winterflower - Polonaise KK IVa #5 in b flat minor

Amazing - there is actually some Chopin I haven't heard a million times already!! Thanks!

24. winterflower - Scarborough Fair

Cool.

25. bSharp(C)yclist (Dan) - BWV 974 - Adagio

Beautiful.

26. Greta99 - Berceuse

Oh, wow, this takes me back to being a kid, and this piece was in a collection I had. I loved playing it back then. You do a much better job, though, than I ever did. A pleasure to hear.

27. Greta99 - Siciliano from Flute Sonata No. 2, BWV 1031

Excellent!!

28. PikaPianist - L'Heure Exquise/The Exquisite Hour

That's a great song, and I love your transcription. The transfer of the melody from hand to hand seems to work quite well.

29. EVC2017 (Elder - yes, this is my given name smile ) - King of Pain

Good job!

30. ZoeCalgary - Rondeau - From Suite de Symphonies No. 1

Enjoyed it!

34. jazzyprof - Sheep may safely graze

I liked it (also, I am jealous of that absolutely steady left hand)!

35. MaryBee - Arioso

Excellent ending to this recital - well done!

Thanks to everyone for providing so much musical pleasure! And thanks for the comments on my submissions, too - they were much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
What's Hot!!
Piano World Has Been Sold!
--------------------
Forums RULES, Terms of Service & HELP
(updated 06/06/2022)
---------------------
Posting Pictures on the Forums
(ad)
(ad)
New Topics - Multiple Forums
Very Cheap Piano?
by Tweedpipe - 04/16/24 10:13 AM
Country style lessons
by Stephen_James - 04/16/24 06:04 AM
How Much to Sell For?
by TexasMom1 - 04/15/24 10:23 PM
Song lyrics have become simpler and more repetitive
by FrankCox - 04/15/24 07:42 PM
New bass strings sound tubby
by Emery Wang - 04/15/24 06:54 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums43
Topics223,386
Posts3,349,204
Members111,631
Most Online15,252
Mar 21st, 2010

Our Piano Related Classified Ads
| Dealers | Tuners | Lessons | Movers | Restorations |

Advertise on Piano World
| Piano World | PianoSupplies.com | Advertise on Piano World |
| |Contact | Privacy | Legal | About Us | Site Map

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced without prior written permission